• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if we’ll end up with Kroenke Jr as a replacement but I thought Gazidis was a bit of a disaster.

Wasn’t great at the commercial side of things and treated the fans with mild disdain. Seemed happy to play the lackey for Kroenke as well.

Basically a very unremarkable tenure in charge.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Josh Kroenke may have learnt a lot from his family, he may even be a naturally talented businessman and he may even be a competent CEO, but is he the best person for the job? The likelihood that the very best person to take the club forward and grow the club just so happens to be the owner's son is, hmm, a tad remote.

Just cos you don't rate Gazidis doesn't mean this is good news. I don't particularly rate Gazidis but I'd rather have a fairly competent career CEO in charge than the owner's bloody son. I'd rather have someone like Ed Woodward tbh, someone who'd make us filthy rich.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Gazidis leaving is great news. But I am not really keen to see Josh as a replacement.

Josh could potentially be a big boost for Arsenal. He's not at all like his father. He likes to be involved and informed about what's going on. He personally handled the Özil negotiation when nobody else could get it done. His past comments indicate that he sees more to being in the business of sports than just the bottom line, so his involvement with Arsenal could mean an increased willingness to spend on transfers and salaries. Time will tell.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Isn't Josh Kroenke sort of the Arteta of CEO's? He looks promising and he's done a few things here and there, but he's basically an unknown.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I find this very strange and yet very understandable.

I think there is a question to what did Ivan achieve at the club? Record sponsorship is a remarkable achievement but how much of that has piggy backed of Wengers historical success and importantly the timing of that success. Compare with Newcastle, Blackburn and Leeds who all had moderate success in the league with top four finishes (Blackburn winning the league) but at a time when the global growth and audience lagged behind what it is currently? Is our revenue a natural growth and not related to our Ceo, essentially could a trained monkey have landed those deals at a time when sponsors are throwing money at top teams?

I compare what he done to the CEO at Celtic Peter Lawwell. Both operated under similar structures a billionaire owner with no interest in the club and because of this the club had to be self sufficient. Lawwell wields enormous influence choosing managers, selecting transfers which coincidently lead to the summer issues because Rodgers grew more powerful and wanted signings that Lawwell wouldn't sanction. At Arsenal that never happened. The Ceo was always in the managers shadow. Playing second fiddle.

One key example is our pre season. Wenger was never a fan of overseas tours yet the commercial income and exposure is so vast that it cant be ignored. Rather than going to the one part of the world where our CEO may have an advantage, the United States, we opted for mostly Asian countries. That could be a coincidence but I doubt that. Wenger as we know loves the culture and eventually agreed but on his terms.

Now Wenger has gone. There is no power struggle. Ivan is the most senior day to day person at the club. Is he the dog that finally caught the car and doesn't know what to do or indeed is frightened that he has nobody to hide behind? He has left us with a new structure for the future, has basically done the leg work on a massive new deal with Adidas and in general new sponsorships and feels that he has taken the club as far as he can and with Milan he has the opportunity to be richly rewarded and develop them into a new modern club? The answer is nobody other than Ivan will know his true reason for going. His Arsenal legacy will be largely be defined by the success or failings of what he has left behind.

Not worried about Josh Kroenke a bit. Even if he sign Trump son to play for us I still think he would be doing better than Gazidis did.

Even I could have done better job than Gazidis and I can't stop thinking about cocaine.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ivan leaving like...

DnUU6VyUwAAgbRl.jpg:large

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Josh Kroenke sort of the Arteta of CEO's? He looks promising and he's done a few things here and there, but he's basically an unknown.

The nuggets and Avalanche have really turned around in recent years with him in charge. He seems to delegate well and they’re well run without many embarrassments.

If he hires some commercial guy and leaves the football side of things to Sven and the boys I’m sure we’ll be gravy.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The nuggets and Avalanche have really turned around in recent years with him in charge. He seems to delegate well and they’re well run without many embarrassments.

If he hires some commercial guy and leaves the football side of things to Sven and the boys I’m sure we’ll be gravy.

But would he continue his work with the Nuggets and Avalanche AND take over the reins at Arsenal? Surely Arsenal is a full-time thing, he'd need to relocate his life and fully commit to it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
But would he continue his work with the Nuggets and Avalanche AND take over the reins at Arsenal? Surely Arsenal is a full-time thing, he'd need to relocate his life and fully commit to it.
he isn't married though, as far as I can see - best scenario he sees in Arsenal and the EPL in general what we and so many fans around the world see, and turns into an Abramovich clone

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom