• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Last six weeks have been a catalyst for change apparently. Interesting to see what changes.

Preacher

Always Crying
How much do the Arsenal board get paid:
directors-remuneration-2002-to-2016.png

Deathstroke

The Terminator
We only have 6 board members?

Wow, Baldy gets a hell of a lot. Glad that Lord Grantham takes no salary and keeps the board cost down.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ken Friar is 82, been working for us since he was 12. Owns 1 share.

This club has a history of rewarding loyalty and longevity.

The statue of him opposite the Arsenal museum shows him playing football as a kid in 1945, after WW2.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We only have 6 board members?

Wow, Baldy gets a hell of a lot. Glad that Lord Grantham takes no salary and keeps the board cost down.
Only 6 on BoD. No wonder we can't get any deals done. Gazidis pay is ridiculous. Our commercial deals should equal Utd's if he's really worth it. I genuinely miss the old guard.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Only 6 on BoD. No wonder we can't get any deals done. Gazidis pay is ridiculous. Our commercial deals should equal Utd's if he's really worth it. I genuinely miss the old guard.

How does Gazidis' pay compare to his contemporaries though? Need other CEO salaries in the top flight for bench marking.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Ivan has been steam rolled over then I hope he (or someone else) has the balls to resign from their position.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

"catalyst for change”. - Ivan Gazidis 2/4/17

• New contract for a manager when his team finished in 5th place having spent £90m.
  • A few additions to the coaching staff.
  • 2 new signings, one on a free.
  • No new contracts for key players despite months of negotiations.
  • Club unable to sell deadwood.
  • 2 losses in our first 3 games.
  • More fans now want the manager out already.
Some catalyst for change that is.

Bald bastard.

Impact

Established Member
Honestly think he wants to move Arsenal forward but is being hamstrung by Kroenke and Wenger.

KROENKE SUCKS

Wenger was never going to go anywhere, no else can successfully get this shambles of a club to top 4 19 out of 20 years, even as clubs who spend much more miss out.

The problem is Gazidis and Wenger have diverging views of how to run this club. When the club was wholly invested in the youth project and it finally looked like it was paying off, Gazidis was the one who abandoned it by letting Cesc go to Barca on the cheap and letting Nasri go to City. Remember what Wenger said at the time if we let both Cesc and Nasri go then we are no longer a big club.

Gazidis is the one who hired **** Law who's ****ed up a tonne of our transfer deals.

Gazidis biggest job is getting commercial deals for us which he has ****ed up royally.

Gazidis is the one who thinks keeping our best players is not important. All our best players are in the final year of their contracts. Who allowed this to happen? Ivan Gazidis. This **** sure as hell wasn't happening when Dein was around. Remember we resigned Henry despite both Barca and Real being interested at time when we were Far worse off financially then now.

Its pretty obvious that the current financial climate of not paying top tier talents what they are worth while overpaying second string talents like Walcott, etc in the hopes they come good and focusing on less heralded players like Arteta and Mertesacker is also a Gazidis idea. Sure sometimes like in those two cases it works out, but the rest of the time you get garbage like Park, Chamakh, Gervinho, etc.

Also when it does work out at absolute best you get is Arteta.

Atleast with Wenger's way you end up with an Anelka, Henry, Fabregas, RvP, Vieira.

He is the reason we've got a player like Xhaka who is great at certain things but incredibly flawed. We are clearly struggling to integrate Xhaka in the squad. Its what necessitates the switch to 3 at the back which leaves us with 4 defensive players which doesn't work as well for an attacking team which causes Wenger to try this weird hybrid 343 4231 and its not working.

Its obvious if you can read between the lines that he is incredibly conservative financially and keeps betting against the market and the trend that everyone else follows and he's been wrong every ****ing time.

Also ever since he's become involved with this club we've been ****ed over by refs regularly season after season and he's done nothing about it.

EDIT: People in here pretending like Gazidis is being hamstrung by Kroenke's support for Wenger when the reverse is true. Gaz is Kroenke's boy, hand picked from the MLS. Wenger doesn't exactly have a lot of contacts there. The fact that Wenger needs a face to face meeting with Kroenke to have assurances regarding us not selling Özil and Sanchez on the cheap, should tell people here the power Gazidis wields at this club. If it were up to Gaz we would have sold one or both Özil and Sanchez on the cheap this summer, just like we did Cesc and Nasri back in 2012. The squad is Wenger's domain and Gazidis can't tell him what tactics to play. Well transfer and contract negotiation are Gazidis' ambit and Wenger has to go through extraordinary lengths just to stall the sale of our best players on the cheap.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I expected one of Gazidis or Wenger to go at the end of last season. Again Kroenke at fault, he should have decided which one to back and sacked the other. Obviously I'd prefer they all go but that's not going to happen yet.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom