• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
He's genius. He's supposed to be a defensive midfielder but I think he was one of Sevilla's top scorers last season with nearly 20 goals! He's been mentioned on here before, we don't really need him. Perhaps if Edu leaves he could be a good signing, but will be expensive.

jasonlohkh

i prefer Navas and Ramos. We already have Flamini. And Wenger dun seem to interested in goal scoring-mid.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Every Sevilla player seems to get linked with us. Ramos is the Sevilla player that I would like us to sign the most. He looks like a great prospect at right-back!

calvinngai88

I only heard that Baptista's good in scoring. And he was formerly a midfielder, converted to a more upfront role? Can anyone correct me?

Mark

Established Member
I thought Ramos was a CB, but if he can play both he would be very useful. He just signed a new contract wth them, though, so for the moment I'd say Navas is a decent possibility on the right of midfield. Skillfull player with a bright future.

arsenal4life

i hope that Edu will be sold in january

he's been bad from his begining with Brazilian NT

we better get one like Baptista instaed

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's also Brazillian and will be called up for the Brazil NT sooner or later. You have to remember he is still only 22. And to be honest he is more attacking than Edu and possibly will not adapt to the league and/or not fill in adequately as a defensive midfielder.

arsenal4life

*Loyan* said:
He's also Brazillian and will be called up for the Brazil NT sooner or later. You have to remember he is still only 22. And to be honest he is more attacking than Edu and possibly will not adapt to the league and/or not fill in adequately as a defensive midfielder.

i don't see Edu as a defensive midfielder at all

he can't defend well like Gilberto or half of Vieira

he's a CM not attacking not defending

and I prefer Baptista because he's defensivly better that Edu
and offensivly as you said

i'v watched him in 5 matchs this season
he was really great

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest though I don't see any improvement on Edu he would give us in terms of defensive play. If we have a midfield of

Freddie Vieira Baptista Pires

we would get killed on the break. It is just too attack minded. Cesc is attack minded but the thing he has is that hecan gain that aspect to his game fairly quicker as he is much younger. Baptista would take considerably longer to adapt to this role and thus would not fit in well.

He is a great player dopn't get me wrong. I just don't think we either need him or he would be likely to fit into our system.

Anyways he is way too expensive anyways so there is really no point in arguing about it as he won't come. When we got Reyes the team were struggling financially and in terms of league positions. And we still had tp pay in excess of 10 million. Baptista who arguably is regarded as better would cost a heck of a lot more considering that Seville are doing well financially and are second in the league.

We would do well to even take Ramos or Jesus Navas off their hands. Despite being cheaper theywould be hard enough to get as it is.

Adam

Established Member
Very good player, but there is very little chance of him coming here. Arsène has too many central midfielders, but perhaps 3 of them are not at his standard.

MTG

The guy is awesome, has been converted into a target man and after the last few away performances is the kind of player we urgently need to hold the ball up and bring the midfield players into the fray. Against Newcastle, we got into so many great positions but had no-one to cross to or link up the play. Above all else, Arsenal need a real centre-forward. Baptista is the beast - and more than anyone else helped Sevilla beat both Valencia and Real Madrid (scored the winning goals) away from home. That is some feat and I would love Wenger to splash the cash on the type of player Arsenal FC lack.

skart14

If the buying of baptista happens , but i seriously doubt it, then arsenal will become the number one enemy of sevilla. This guy is a bloody monster.

A

Anonymous

Julio Baptista is nicknamed the BEAST. Hes got amazing strength and power. Last season he got more than 20 goals for a midfielder. Yea he was originally a defending midfielder but i guess his true brazilian self shone out. I think he is the sort of player we need, hoping that edu leaves. Against newcastle we tried to walk it into the net, because we dont have a player that takes shots from outside the box. PV4 used to when he first came, and fabregas has started to in the last couple of games. Julio has power in his shots, which would be good to have when teams play their whole squad behind the ball.
However, he is already a National team player, so he would be called up to travel across the world for crazy games.
a

shadders

If he used to be a defensive midfielder imagine how good the strikers at his old club must have been :shock:

Chips&CurrySauce

Yeah I like Baptista alot and if we had someone like him, then we really would have another dimension. He is strong as an Ox, excellent in the air, has pace, a good shot and good technical ability. I feel we do need some one like this so we can rest Henry sometimes. I can't see it happening though, probably be too expensive for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom