• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Júlio Baptista

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Reyes

we have to buy julio baptista!!!!!! he is an fantastic player....great attacker.
he is fast, strong, good finisher and very good at the head. just what we need at arsenal, a striker who can head a ball!!
and if he goes tho arsenal....he have many players i can be friend with, Gilberto, Reyes(played together in seville) and lauren......he also would fit in the Premier League.
I really hope we buy him.......but I dont think its gonna happen :(

sn196

I dont think we can afford him as he is the Titi of seville and im sure he has a massive buy out clause!

asajoseph

Established Member
This would be an ideal signing, exactly what we need at the moment. Could we afford him? Who knows, but we do have a decent relationship with Sevilla.

I'll wait until the sources for this rumour are more reliable than AS, like tribalfootball.com ( ;) ) before I get too excited.

phenn

Judging by Reyes, Sevilla don't exactly sell on the cheap.

How freaking great would it have been to have Edu on contract and use him as a bartering chip for this guy. You know Edu will be class in spain. Ah well.

Who knows, maybe Arsène will pull it off. Here's hoping he does.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Baptista would represent an old skool Wenger signing - pace and power. I've had enough of skilled lightweight players for the minute. I say we go to Thomas Cook and exchange up some good sterling into euros.

longrufus

Established Member
i have been saying that we should buy him for ages, he can play anywhere in midfield or upfront. he has everything we are looking for in a player. the fact that he is strong and powerful would give us another dimension, im not saying we should start long balls, but it would offer variety in our attacks and we wont be so predictable. his main asset is his versitility, when we are under pressure he can drop deeper to help out, or can hold the ball.

he has a reported buy out clause of €25million, so is a viable option IMO, and taking into account he would be like signing 2 or 3 players due to his versitility, he is well worth it.

Saying this, i dont think we will sign him, but please Wenger prove me wrong.

hollow

I've been watching him all season on Revisite La Liga. That Ballague guy creams over him every week. I think he would be an ideal signing.

Asterix

Established Member
Anyone know why he isn't in Brazil's Confederations Cup squad and his team mate Renato is? I'm not doubting his quality at all, and Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano are a tough lot to displace - just curious.

A

Anonymous

Asterix said:
Anyone know why he isn't in Brazil's Confederations Cup squad and his team mate Renato is? I'm not doubting his quality at all, and Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano are a tough lot to displace - just curious.
Maybe it's either he's exhauted (a la Ronaldo) or the coach doesn't rate him.
I wouldn't be suprised either way to be honest.

siddharth

Baptista would be a dream signing. Alright the source is AS but what i find interesting is that seville maybe are indeed reluctant to sell their star players to other spanish teams.

DB10

yes and with reyes we have a relationship with seville. so they know we aren't going to screw them over.

but so far it sounds like agent talk, trying to get a better contract.
Seville are in the Champs. So i don't see their need to sell anyone.

I don't think he will go, like sn said he's the titi of seville. If he goes, seville have no chance in europe.

V666

this guy might just be the next DB althougn he's much more physical and not as creative as Iceman he'll be great signing.go and get him.

MTG

I wrote this last season...

The guy is awesome, has been converted into a target man and after the last few away performances is the kind of player we urgently need to hold the ball up and bring the midfield players into the fray. Against Newcastle, we got into so many great positions but had no-one to cross to or link up the play. Above all else, Arsenal need a real centre-forward. Baptista is the beast - and more than anyone else helped Sevilla beat both Valencia and Real Madrid (scored the winning goals) away from home. That is some feat and I would love Wenger to splash the cash on the type of player Arsenal FC lack.

If we get Baptista, I reckon it would represent the coup of the summer. The guy is that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom