Jack Wilshere: Has the Time Come to Part Ways?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by blaze_of_glory, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

Mkhi is nothing like Santi. Santi is an awful off-ball player, always runs towards the ball seeking the layoff. Mkhi is the exact opposite.

Seen this Mkhi = Santi stuff on here a few times and it genuinely confuses me. It's like comparing Paul Scholes to Ljungberg.

field442, YeahBee, blaise and 3 others like this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

You have been around a lot lately.

3. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

And that's it.
    Ramsey doesn't suit our style, he just isn't a baller.
    He's too slow with or without the ball for that critical CM spot.

I really don't see him in any top4 team, unless he gets a free role, just not disciplined enough.

Fallout likes this.
  4. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

In our new set up with el neny as DM I would like to see Ramesy in for Xhaka. Xhaka offers even less further forward than he does playing the deeper role.

We're missing that midfield goal threat Ramsey would offer that. Against Chelsea bellerin crossed the ball at one point with 4 arsenal players on the edge of the box and only lacazette in. I was pulling my hair out!!

5. Longy

Longy Well-Known Member

Ramsey may give you a goal threat, albeit a tiny conversion rate, but it's what it costs us going the other way.

I much prefer a disciplined midfield. I'll admit Xhaka doesn't look too suited with jack in front of Defensive minded mid, but I'd prefer him than Ramsey.

He needs to be as a backup for Özil, light years different but keep him out of cm.

6. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am one of those, but here is my ‘defense’
    They are sinilar in a way that both have high technique level and football IQ. Both made their names as wide players, yet both did/will end up playing deeper and more central, because of their ability in tight spaces, good passing and generaly; good ideas what to do and how to start our attacks.
    They have different attributes, lots of them, but similarity in the way they progress as players and the way we use(d) them clearly shows you why would one compare them.

7. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

What I like most of ElNenny these two games are his off-ball quickness and ability to go to a 2nd or 3d CB position in a matter of seconds. Think Xhaka is very far from being able to do either of that. His movement is simply levels above required. You ll see really how good ElNennly played these two games if we try Xhaka there. Still think we should try cut our losses with Xhaka as soon as possible.

8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

If we're going to play with another midfielder who looks for goals then it's got to be someone who offers more, like Sergej. Sergej looks to score and is not the most defensively minded player but he tracks back, uses his size to disrupt play and is technically 2 levels above Ramsey. He'd be the perfect player for what Wenger wants Ramsey's role to be.

9. blaise

blaise Well-Known Member

We missed Sergej train when he signed for Lazio, out of our league now.

10. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

11. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

With a disciplined DM Ramsey's game will elevate. If we persist with the sweeper (like El Nenny has been) then Wilshere and Ramsey works. The only problem is that Ramsey crowds our attacks. Like many have pointed out, he tends to occupy Ozils position quite often.

He needs disciplined runs. Wilshere - Xhaka is a bit redundant even though it worked against Chelsea. We need midfielders who can stay deep and have some urgency off the ball.

YeahBee likes this.
  12. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Ramsey occupies Özil's space because he is an idiot, not because we don't have a dedicated DM.

Longy and Fallout like this.
  13. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Surely he would be dropped if he didn't keep to the tactical instructions of the manager... I believe it's a tactical decision that he takes up those positions, and Ramsey could adapt given a new manager.

YeahBee likes this.
  14. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

You think he looked good as a defensive guy in a game we lost 3-1 vs the bottom table team! Get a grip!

His good tackles that finally makes people actually notice him are tackles that shouldn't have to be made in a properly organized team

15. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Hell Yes

Especially if we play him, Xhaka AND jack in a 3 men midfield

Skillwise they compliment each other greatly

16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Tactical instructions and Wenger rarely ever get mentioned in the same sentence.

Most of our past players seem to be of the opinion that Wenger gives them little instructions and allows them to "express themselves" (whatever the f*ck that means).

Wenger never drops anyone, no matter how poor they are.

17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Surprised Özil got confirmed first. I need to see Wilshere’s extension confirmed too for peace of mind

18. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Just thinking the same. Then this window was 9/10. Defender our a small would have been a ten

krengon likes this.
  19. THunter

THunter Are you not entertained? Trusted

Want him signed up by next week.

Captain Jack.

LGooner98 and Aevius like this.
  20. field442

field442 Abandoned Allegri for Arteta

I used to think it was tactical but since Wilshere and Xhaka started playing together neither of them have done what Ramsey does. If it was tactical I think one of those two would take up the same positions Ramsey does but it doesn’t happen. That to me tells me Ramsey does it off his own back.

Artisan likes this.