• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Really needed a big sacrifice to convince Wenger. Jack chose the lure of NT and is now injured . What did we learn about Jack?

That representing your country in the WC is the biggest possible honour and achievement for a sportsman.

You never see South American players dodge NT duty. James, Alexis, Vidal, Aguero, Higuain, Neymar, Coutinho, Suarez and even Messi almost always play for their respective National teams when they are selected.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Frustrated.

Sometimes a bit of fun in a warm up can seem like just that but I've heard from a friend who works in sport science who has heard the consensus is that Wilshere's knee tendon flaring up was caused or a contributing factor was a warm up game which involved finding a teammate to jump on their back and not to be the odd one out.

Seems fairly incuspicuous however he says the day after a recovery day with a player whose fitness needs to be managed carefully at the moment due to his past, the last thing he needs is a fully grown man jumping on his back with the weight being multiplied by the jump and the force being distributed much more unevenly across the body than a fixed barbell in the gym.

That's what he's heard from a colleague. Good one England.
Must have been Kola

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I get that playing for England is a massive honour etc. I'd personally work on my club career though if I was Jack. He unfortunately needs to limit the competitive football he plays if he is going to have a lasting career. Hugely unlikely as that is, if I were him, I'd be angling to be fit for the people who paid me the most and that is Arsenal at the moment.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I get that playing for England is a massive honour etc. I'd personally work on my club career though if I was Jack. He unfortunately needs to limit the competitive football he plays if he is going to have a lasting career. Hugely unlikely as that is, if I were him, I'd be angling to be fit for the people who paid me the most and that is Arsenal at the moment.
It would be Jack’s first World cup, right? I think that is why he seems determined to make it to Russia.

Anyway Jack, Reus and Badstuber, some of the players who would’ve had very different careers if not for injuries.

Even Robben and Bale could come in that list. These two would’ve been Ballon d’or contenders had they not got injured at crucial times.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'd resign him given the dross that occupies our midfield.

Even if he isn't in our long term plans we should resign him to protect his value. If we're selling him in England (almost guaranteed) we're going to get at worst 20M from the likes of Everton. He's still only 26 years old.

Sign him on a new deal with increased wages, if it doesn't work out, fine, sell him, we can absorb the 7ish M in wages as we'd be able to sell him for anywhere between 20-30M in the PL.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've always wanted Jack to stay but if him staying means we dont add to our midfield then it changes my view. We desperately need a dominant midfielder to pull the strings, basically a Cazorla role. We wont sell Xhaka, Elneny has just signed a new contract, and Ramsey is also unlikely to be sold (he's better than all of them anyway) so that leaves Jack to go or we carry on as we are, in every way. I still think Lemar would be good for us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'd resign him given the dross that occupies our midfield.

Dross that occupies our midfield have all outperformed Wilshere...... hate Xhaka all you want but he has more good performances since Dec than Wilshere did. Don't think I need to get started on Elneny who has actually been better than both Xhaka and Wilshere.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Dross that occupies our midfield have all outperformed Wilshere...... hate Xhaka all you want but he has more good performances since Dec than Wilshere did. Don't think I need to get started on Elneny who has actually been better than both Xhaka and Wilshere.

:lol::lol:

Elneny plays a couple of forward passes and all of the sudden he's some amazing CM

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I've always wanted Jack to stay but if him staying means we dont add to our midfield then it changes my view. We desperately need a dominant midfielder to pull the strings, basically a Cazorla role. We wont sell Xhaka, Elneny has just signed a new contract, and Ramsey is also unlikely to be sold (he's better than all of them anyway) so that leaves Jack to go or we carry on as we are, in every way. I still think Lemar would be good for us.

You wanting a new cazorla is part of the problem with arsenal

Same mistakes Wenger makes

Trusted small technical playmakers when we should have gone for big atlethic guys

scytheavatar

Established Member
:lol::lol:

Elneny plays a couple of forward passes and all of the sudden he's some amazing CM

Elneny is not an amazing CM, but he has been the most reliable of our 4 midfielders. He is no Arteta but he has the intelligence and ability to read the game that our other midfielders do not have. Just the simple ability to run into the right positions to receive the ball is something people take for granted but is lacking in our midfielders other than Elneny. Wilshere in comparison still frequently plays like a midfielder Akpom at times, tunnel vision and dribbles his way into giving the ball away.

Trusted small technical playmakers when we should have gone for big atlethic guys

Why not both? You need midfielders who can defend and midfielders who can control the game. Unfortunately we have been lacking those types of midfielders in the club ATM......

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

tbh I originally wrote Cazorla type but more physical, I then thought that type of player is hard to come by but yes I agree, we need a more powerful midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom