• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jay Bothroyd(Charlton)...can you tell me something about him

mccroix

s_8188_2005_1.jpg

my local team, 1. fc kaiserslautern in germany is said to be kean on signing him..

unfortunatly i'm not able to watch the premierleague as often as i used to.

so does anyone know anything about him?

his strengths/weakneses

i'd apreciate some comments

James

Established Member
Yeah, he threw his Arsenal shirt at Pat Rice when he was subbed in a Carling Cup game. Why we sold him. He's moved from Coventry, to Perugia, then to Blackburn and now Charlton. He's done nothing over the years apart from score one very good free kick, and also kick a Norwich City defender.

andyswafc

I am sure has some skills as, the only reason he left Arsenal, was because was kicked out for throwing his shirt at Pat Rice, after being subed!! Apparently he did ok in Italy, and i have seen him score a couple of decent goals, obviously has a temper, but i am sure he will do your team well.......But he will always be hated at Arsenal for what he did!

mccroix

ah ok thanks...
well let's see if he signs....

but i prefer seeing walcott singning at arsenal ;)

Eastrek

It wasnt a Carling Cup game, it was quite a fews ago in the U19's Play Off Final at Highbury Arsenal U19's vs West Ham U19's. I was at the match, the game was just going in to extra time with the score 6v6 on aggregate. Bothroyd got subbed and he took his shirt off, took forever to get off the pitch then threw it in Rice's face, and walked straight down the tunnel, that was the last we saw of him in an Arsenal shirt.

Good player, but attitude stinks!

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom