• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

jesus Gill Dead- Torres War?

MightyArsenal

If anyone didntknow, the owner of atheltico madrid has died, which is likely to mean madrid will have to sell players. Looks like torres will be leaving in the summer but to where?..If we had £20 mill spare he would be a great purchase...I can dream cant I? :p

JazzG

Established Member
RIP Jesus Gill

Think you have posted this in the wrong forum mate. Also we should show Jesus Gill a little respect and talk about Torres a few days after.

mixmastermatt

MADRID (AFP) - Atletico Madrid's leading shareholder and former president Jesus Gil died in hospital after suffering a brain haemmorrhage.

The controversial 71-year-old construction tycoon's death was announced by Mariano Malilllos, medical director of the private clinic which has treated him since he was taken ill six days ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

The former mayor of the Costa del Sol resort of Marbella was admitted to hospital last Sunday after collapsing at his country residence.

He was later transferred to the clinic where he was being treated up to his death Friday.

Gil was forced to quit as Atletico president in May last year after being handed a three-and-a-half year jail sentence in connection with charges arising from the club's 1992 stock market flotation.

He denied all the allegations levelled against him and was in the process of appealing his conviction.

Gil served time behind bars in 1999 after an investigation into the club's shirt sponsorship deal with Marbella.

Florentino Perez, president of Atletico's city rivals Real Madrid, described Gil to Radio Marca as "a reference in the world of football".

Perez, who visited his close friend at the clinic during the week, added: "Everybody will remember him for his love, affection and dedication to his team."

The president of Spain's professional football league Pedro Tomas said Gil's passing had left "a huge void in Spanish soccer".

Gil's funeral will be held on Saturday and as a mark of respect Saturday's fixture between Atletico and Real Zaragoza will now be played on Sunday.

---------------------

my mistake

Gurgen

Established Member
Yeah and in the meantime ripped off half of Spain, the second-rate mobster that he was :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom