• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jesús Navas

Ryanzinhhio

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=226713&CPID=23&CLID=&lid=2&title=Wenger+turns+to+Jesus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... s+to+Jesus</a>

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger despatched a scout to watch Sevilla starlet Jesus Navas again last weekend.

The Gunners are monitoring both Navas and his team-mate Sergio Ramos, but it is Navas who is their primary objective.

The 18-year-old attacking midfielder, like Ramos, has come through the ranks at Sevilla and is already a Spain Under-21 international.

He has been compared to current Arsenal star Jose Antonio Reyes who made the switch from the Primera club to Highbury last season.

Navas will have impressed The Gunners' representative in Sunday's 3-0 home win over Levante, producing a superb piece of individual skill for his side's second goal - scored by Julio Baptista.

The teenage schemer is currently under contract at Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan until June 2008, and his club insist they have no intention of selling the youngster.

However, as was seen in the transfer of Reyes, Arsenal's financial muscle could well persuade the Spaniards to do business if they decide to firm up their interest with an official offer.

Reports in Spain claim The Gunners want Navas to join them for next season, and will continue to watch his progress this term.

The player himself has refused to comment on the speculation, but the opportunity to team up with Reyes at Highbury could prove too tempting to turn down.

Could be a possability, not seen him play myself so can't comment on him but I am sure he has got something about him if Wenger is watching him.

asajoseph

Established Member
Jesus Navas...

Well, despite VavaGoon's gaff earlier, we ARE actually linked to Jesus Navas today. Yep, that fountain of all knowledge, Myles Palmer (he attributes it to a reader, but deemed it worthy of being published) has mentioned on his site that we're talking to the agent of Jesus Navas as well as Julio Baptista.

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/i-2005-0 ... 40-53.html

AFCFan4Ever

I'm sure there was some "talk" about Navas, lol probably didn't go very far esp. if Seville sell Baptista to us.

Mark

Established Member
I'd much rather have Baptista. Navas has only had one good season. Then again I wouldn't complain if we got both.

AFCG7

Established Member
Navas is more akin to SWP than Baptista is.. i wouldnt be surprised that if we dont get Baptista we go for Navas .

slick

Sorry to be pedantic,

But the introductory link is to an article written by Ian Grant, who apparently shares the editorship of the ANR website. This of course may still mean that Myles Palmer is ultimately, nay, necessarily, the font of all knowledge, natch.

9Reyes

Navas is a young winger......but, we have already signed Hleb this season and dont see why we should buy him??
And if we had signed Jesus Navas, then he woulden`t fit in Premier League......he is actually smaller than Reyes.......I think he is just weight 60-65 kg ore something!!! And when Reyes have trouble to get used to the english game.....then would defintly Navas have trouble with it!!!!!

I dont hope we sign him....and I dont think we`ll sign him!!

Pikeypete

9Reyes said:
Navas is a young winger......but, we have already signed Hleb this season and dont see why we should buy him??
And if we had signed Jesus Navas, then he woulden`t fit in Premier League......he is actually smaller than Reyes.......I think he is just weight 60-65 kg ore something!!! And when Reyes have trouble to get used to the english game.....then would defintly Navas have trouble with it!!!!!

I dont hope we sign him....and I dont think we`ll sign him!!

Is Hleb definately going to be our right winger? Arsenal.com's intro on him suggests hes another DB10 - well a portion of DB10 - no one can be a complete DB10 impossible!

9Reyes

yeah yeah.....may be youre right there........but we have a heck of midfielders know......Reyes/Pires on the left......Ljungberg/Hleb/fabregas/(Quincy?) on the right.....Vieira/Gilberto/Flamini/ in the center midefield!!.......and fabregas/Hleb also in the centre...and if we dont loan out Bentley, he is also in the midfield.....
Becuase of that I dont see the reason to sign Jesus Navas....may be some of thease players will play more football, and want to get out of the club!!!

Its good to have a big squad..........but it can make troubles too!!!!!

HalliGoalie

quote from the article "a friend of my cousin saw David Dein"

I would like to sign navas,ramos and baptista from Sevilla

fanatik0

Navas is technically and physically worse than Reyes. I don´t like him, and I'm sure I have seen the Spanish League much more than you. :) (That's because I'm from Spain, don't think I'm being arrogant or something like that :angel )

Lord Dula

Established Member
We all know you wont bloody be arrogant again after the ol' Henry will sign for Barca garbage - have you got over that yet?

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom