• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joaquín Sánchez

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=16364753%26method=full%26siteid=93463%26headline=rafa%2din%2drace%2dfor%2djoaquin%2d-name_page.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html</a>

asajoseph

Established Member
Joaquin's a great player, and of all the teams that will want him, I can't see him landing here.

But, that said, I'm almost convinced that Wenger is going to buy at least one big expensive player either in January or next summer. Doubt it will be Joaquin, but you never know.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I rather see we go after a striker and/or CM thats is where we lack deep in talent. On the wings we have Freddie, Reys Hleb, Eboue and Pires with quincy and R Smith as possible extras. I don't see us as his first choice, Although I would like him and Freddie on the wings with Reyes as the prime sub for those and TH and RVP a supersub who replces the one that did worst in halftime.

Mckenna

rumour is suggesting that Pires may be sold in January to Fiorentina if they offer the right amount. Thus Joaquin could be a possibility for RM because Ljungberg can play left and share around with Reyes.

I don't deny that we need a striker, but Wenger has near £50m to spend, so Torres and Joaquin (say £28m now and another £10-15m later) along with perhaps Zokoro or Yaya Toure for CM for £8m is not beyond reach. Don't rule anything out. Especially given Chelsea are unlikely to be involved given the number of wingers they have.

nazo

Established Member
Mckenna said:
Especially given Chelsea are unlikely to be involved given the number of wingers they have.

unless robben decides to leave and chel$ki decide to ruin every chance for the rest of the teams

polaris sc

Mckenna said:
rumour is suggesting that Pires may be sold in January to Fiorentina if they offer the right amount. Thus Joaquin could be a possibility for RM because Ljungberg can play left and share around with Reyes.

I don't deny that we need a striker, but Wenger has near £50m to spend, so Torres and Joaquin (say £28m now and another £10-15m later) along with perhaps Zokoro or Yaya Toure for CM for £8m is not beyond reach. Don't rule anything out. Especially given Chelsea are unlikely to be involved given the number of wingers they have.

come on do really think wenger will spend 50million, no way in hell will that happen i wish it would

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Mckenna said:

Torres, Joaquin and Yaya/Zokora would be great signings especially the first two. But I would rather see us go for Torres plus a world class CM to relive some of the pressure from Cesc, it is not healthy to pressure a kid liker that. And what about school, he should have something to fall back on when his career is over :wink:

ANd this money we got no is that all we will have for a while or will we get new money next season or the one after that because we do need a GK and another CD. I could actuallt skip Joaquin and get a goalie and a new CD instead.

Viper

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Torres, Joaquin and Yaya/Zokora would be great signings especially the first two. But I would rather see us go for Torres plus a world class CM to relive some of the pressure from Cesc, it is not healthy to pressure a kid liker that. And what about school, he should have something to fall back on when his career is over :wink:
You'd rather see a world class CM? But the problem is no team would be looking to sell their 'world class' CM. Do you see Chelsea selling Lampard? Barcelona selling Xavi? AC Milan selling Pirlo? etc.

Yaya Toure would be an excellent signing. Big, strong and quick. Reminds me of Vieira, except he is faster.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Viper said:
YeahBee said:
You'd rather see a world class CM? But the problem is no team would be looking to sell their 'world class' CM. Do you see Chelsea selling Lampard? Barcelona selling Xavi? AC Milan selling Pirlo? etc.

Yaya Toure would be an excellent signing. Big, strong and quick. Reminds me of Vieira, except he is faster.

There are others for example( in an okey age and possible tranfers), Cambiasso in Inter showed great potential in Real M and has been one of Inters best players, Pablo Orbaiz he plays for Atl Bilbao. The would probably cost alotta money but I don't think they are impossible. Van Bommel don't seem to get that much play time in Barca, And I for one really like fabian Ernst but he recently signed for Schalke from W Bremen or the other way around. Not maybe world class but alot more proven quality then Yaya/Zokora or any of the french potentials.

The only world class player that can be availible is Ballack. Just Maybe, maybe he will choose us, I can't understand why he would choose Manure over us they have two intressting young players and Horseface as their best. And they are probably the only ones who would be starters for us.
But sadly I think he is going to replace Zidane as the King in Madrid.

A team that is going to challenge for the CL or PL needs a WC CM and we don't have at the moment, Look even Porto had Deco when they won and Liverpool had Gerrard and Alanso.

Yaya would be good for Arsenal but not great if you know what I mean. But maybe I am a crash and burn type of guy

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Sorry for turning this into anything else then a Joaquin thread, I just don't see RM as our main concern, I would rather want a better RB then a better RM

nazo

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Sorry for turning this into anything else then a Joaquin thread, I just don't see RM as our main concern, I would rather want a better RB then a better RM

someone better than lauren?? :eek:
tell me who can be better than lauren AND available for us to get

A

Anonymous

bluenaz said:
YeahBee said:

someone better than lauren?? :eek:
tell me who can be better than lauren AND available for us to get

Cafu is the only right back I would have over lauren. lauren is quality and the 2nd best in the world

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
MightyArsenal said:
Cicinho? Mancini? Belleti? Sagnol? Trabelsi? :p

Cicinho has already signed for Real, Mancini Belleti I don't see moving, belleti too old by the way and doesn't mancini mostly play RM

The only one there availbe would be Sagnol, and that would be great, I would turn trabelsi down but go for his teammate Nigel De Jong I read somewhere that his contract has got 1 year left. Also I don't think Zebina is playing in Juve ATM cuz Blasi got that position now.

Viper

Established Member
YeahBee said:
We have Eboue and Hoyte too, and Eboue looks like a promising right-back..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I din't sat that I wanted an new RB just that a new RM would be unnecessary because we have Freddie and Hleb (Cesc) playing really good there and. You can say much abput Lauren but he is probably one of our weakest links in our starting eleven.

Zico

Established Member
I'm amazed by Arsenal fans. Lauren is consistently on Premier League dream teams as the starting right back but he consistently gets all sorts of criticism from the fans. Cicinho? He's hot, but still raw. Trabelsi? He's finished. Sagnol is right about where Lauren is and I haven't seen enough games to comment on Belletti.

A lot of cats were hollering that Eboue should replace Lauren before they'd even seen the young'un kick a ball.

If you were AW and you bought a right back before you got central midfielder, striker, goalie, central midfielder, or winger, i'd bay for your head! :evil:

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom