• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joel Asoro

JamSackson

Quite weak link because the interview this is taken from is easy to interpret in different ways.

Anyways... Joel Asoro (18) is one of swedens biggest under 20 prospects, maybe only behind Alexander Isak. Asoro plays for Sunderland (1 game in PL) and is participating in the u21 Euros that starts later this week. Today, he (presumably) confirmed to the biggest newspaper in Sweden (Sportbladet) that there is solid interest from Arsenal in signing him this summer.

link: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/eV1MK/asoro-om-arsenalryktet-kom-som-en-chock

Quick fixed translation by me and google translate:

LUBLIN. Arsenal is rumored to be close to signing Joel Asoro.
Now the U21 attacker confirms the interest.
"It was a shock," says the Sunderland player.

Despite only playing nine minutes first team football in Sunderland this season, Joel Asoro has been selected to play in Håkan Ericson's squad for the U21 European Championship. The speed of the 18-year-old was described as the biggest reason for that decision. "People were a bit shocked because I've played very little first team football. It's clear that people are surprised, but we'll see what happens", says Asoro.

The U21 national team arrived at Poland Lublin on Monday afternoon and attended the stadium Miejski. Asoro, who only played one league game in Premier League this seasion, did however play well in the Sunderland U23 team and therefore hopes to get game time during the U21 European Championship. His future, however, is the thing everyone keeps talking about.

On Sunday, information from Sunderland Echo revealed that Arsenal is close to recruiting Asoro and Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka for five million pounds.
"It came as a shock. Obviously clubs does take contact and so, but it's my agent who takes care of it. I'm only trying to focus on my football."
What have you heard yourself?
"I've heard a little bit, but if I think about it too much, it will be"what if? What if?! ". I try not to think about it too much."
You know they (Arsenal) are interested anyway?
"Yes, I know that."
When Sportbladet talked to Asoro about his future last week he was clear that he did not want to play in the U23 much longer.
"We'll see. I can not say so much now. It is clear that you are not happy when you are not playing much, but it's still my first season so I can not expect too much, but I want to play more first team football".
However, Asoro has another favorite club that he hopes to play at some time during his career.
"The dream, if all goes well, when I get older, I'd rather play in Real Madrid. It's my dream club".

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah i now i remember this guy SunderlandEcho did confirm yesterday we close on Asoro and other youngester for 5M pounds.

IchirotoV2

Rather the opposite. Their sport section is quite good though with a few good journalists but regarding transfers they pretty much run whatever story they find from British media in translate.
Headlines that can be found on Aftonbladet:
"This is what Zlatan had for lunch today"
"This is where Zlatan Will watch the Sweden match"
"Zlatans latest socks"

We call it Zlatanbladet

Wilshero

Isn't aftonbladet the most reliable thing in Sweeden or i'm wrong?
They are usually pretty reliable when it comes to this kind of story, especially when swedish players are involved (they do write a lot of **** as well though). Although it doesn't mean this move is definitely going to happen, I'm sure we are keeping a close eye on him.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom