• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

John Bostock

Nutsy

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Viper said:
Tony Montana said:
No more kids. I don't care if that's anti-Wenger or anti-Arsenal or whatever. If we are going to buy some players lets get some proven ones first and then worry about the kids.
Yup.

We already have an unlimited number of young players.

Please point me towards the rule that says if you sign young players you cant sign established players.

there's no rule mate, only we all know that once Wenger spends his cash on the kids, he won't spend more or less to the big boys. it's always been that way no? imo, if he buys 1 young player and spend the rest on the big boys, then clearly i have no problem with that.

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

Young players don't cost anything, this kid would probably cost us about fifty thousand in compenstion, if that. Just because Wenger signs kids, dosen't mean he can't buy older players. We can have 100 sixteen year olds, but Wenger needs to start buying established internationals. Plus he is a gooner. I will find the pic of him.

otfgoon

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
otfgoon said:
Viper said:
Tony Montana said:
No more kids. I don't care if that's anti-Wenger or anti-Arsenal or whatever. If we are going to buy some players lets get some proven ones first and then worry about the kids.
Yup.

We already have an unlimited number of young players.

Please point me towards the rule that says if you sign young players you cant sign established players.

there's no rule mate, only we all know that once Wenger spends his cash on the kids, he won't spend more or less to the big boys. it's always been that way no? imo, if he buys 1 young player and spend the rest on the big boys, then clearly i have no problem with that.

Er no it hasnt been that way. We've been signing kids since he came, we've still signed Hleb, Rosicky, Gallas, Sol, Lehmann, Lauren, Henry, Pires, Wiltord, Edu, Baptista, Reyes as more. The reason we havnt signed many more isnt because we've singed players for our acadamy its because we've been broke for the past 5 years.

You make it sound like we've spent millions on these kids, but bar one or two exceptions like theo, its been virtually nothing.

The only point you may have is that if Arsène thinks one of his younger players is good enough he wont spend big on anyone else. But thats only happened with players like Cesc, Cole, Clichy, Djourou so its not really something to moan about is it?

Nutsy

Established Member
okay, that I can be stand corrected. i would agree with most of your points. but there is one thing I can stress out. that the fact that we already have promising and now Experienced young talents, should he be spending his cash for the big boys this summer?

Seems to me his budget is about 20m this summer, (did i get that right?), i guess not included in the amount should any player leaves this summer (preferably Reyes so about 4m or 15m wont be too bad in his price range no?), then i guess you can say we could afford the basic players we need, reliable winger, a GK, a back up RB (sure i have no prob with Eboue or Hoyte, but both been out and we are struggling without any of them). the fact that we need class experienced players do not justify that we should stop buying young players. but now our young second string are well secured mate, We should be gunning for the big boys now.

Our kids as you know are well experience, they made it all the way to the Mickey Mouse cup, and up against a full squad of the Chavs, granted they lost, but the experience is there, complete. if we were to buy more young players this summer, our work rate of training youngsters will never come to an end (let me be CLEAR i am NOT against Wenger to buy young players), and when is it going to be for to win the title again? we won the titles a few season back with the help of the big boys Wenger brought in imo. since our kids are well secured for upcoming cup games, (FA cup, Carling cup) we give the League to the First team. should the First team are having some tiring fixtures, we could have the kids to play gradually in the EPL, NOT the CL (sorry, the campaign is too important,no more screw ups next season). Next season imo, we have better chances of 'rotation' if people tend to agree, but rotations too have thier disadvantage, therefore being inconsistent. so i would strict the league campaigns to the first team and the cups for our second strings.

If Wenger to buy a young player this summer, one would be fine, but we should be buying the big boys if we are really going it all for the title next season. Rosicky, Hleb, Gallas has been superb, but i'm afraid we need more of the experienced ones to go in the squad, experienced consistent ones.

NORTHLONDONGOONER!

m_73b4092b1a18f545629dc15bc441aafb.jpg

l_d096008f4c60c357f3419b09a69056a9.jpg

otfgoon

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
okay, that I can be stand corrected. i would agree with most of your points. but there is one thing I can stress out. that the fact that we already have promising and now Experienced young talents, should he be spending his cash for the big boys this summer?

Seems to me his budget is about 20m this summer, (did i get that right?), i guess not included in the amount should any player leaves this summer (preferably Reyes so about 4m or 15m wont be too bad in his price range no?), then i guess you can say we could afford the basic players we need, reliable winger, a GK, a back up RB (sure i have no prob with Eboue or Hoyte, but both been out and we are struggling without any of them). the fact that we need class experienced players do not justify that we should stop buying young players. but now our young second string are well secured mate, We should be gunning for the big boys now.

Our kids as you know are well experience, they made it all the way to the Mickey Mouse cup, and up against a full squad of the Chavs, granted they lost, but the experience is there, complete. if we were to buy more young players this summer, our work rate of training youngsters will never come to an end (let me be CLEAR i am NOT against Wenger to buy young players), and when is it going to be for to win the title again? we won the titles a few season back with the help of the big boys Wenger brought in imo. since our kids are well secured for upcoming cup games, (FA cup, Carling cup) we give the League to the First team. should the First team are having some tiring fixtures, we could have the kids to play gradually in the EPL, NOT the CL (sorry, the campaign is too important,no more screw ups next season). Next season imo, we have better chances of 'rotation' if people tend to agree, but rotations too have thier disadvantage, therefore being inconsistent. so i would strict the league campaigns to the first team and the cups for our second strings.

If Wenger to buy a young player this summer, one would be fine, but we should be buying the big boys if we are really going it all for the title next season. Rosicky, Hleb, Gallas has been superb, but i'm afraid we need more of the experienced ones to go in the squad, experienced consistent ones.

Oh I agree with that, we need experienced players and I would be very dissapointed in Arsène if all he does is bring in a few promising starlets. All I am saying is theres no reason we can keep finding these future stars as well as buy for the present.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom