• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joshua (Rasmi) Zirkzee

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I can't see Zirkzee being our first choice. Arteta and Edu usually go for players that are positionally flexible and Gyökeres fits that profile more since he can actually play on the wing.
Can he? I’m Swedish and for out NT I’d rather play Isak wide. Hell, our new manager opted for Isak at 10 to accommodate both as well as Kulusevski and Anthony Elanga. And Isak defo does not have the playmaking abilities to be a 10

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re this discussion, I watched the scouting videos the ArsenalVision guys did on all the forwards we're linked with. Elliot and Clive were both extremely high on Isak as the main target, and they also liked Gyokeres too but they questioned the level he played at.

However, Elliot (predictably) did not like Sesko or Zirkzee, and Clive had a lot of good things to say about Sesko and Zirkzee but seemed to prefer Sesko. I watched the same clips and I felt that Zirkzee definitely comes off as more of a false 9 than the other 3 but I feel he has the ball striking and natural ability that the other 3 don't really have yet and Arteta could work with that a lot. But was funny seeing this discussion on Gyokeres vs Zirkzee on the forum. I think the latter has the higher ceiling.

I really like Arsenal Vision and support what they are doing, but they are seriously carried by Clive. I wouldn't listen to them without him. I catch episodes when he isn't there and this is a gaping hole.

Eliott is charismatic and very eloquent, but his opinion on talent and when scouting players are of a person who hasn't played a game of football in their life.

Watching the Champions League has really highlighted top level games and prizes to be won, require moments of brilliance.

When you look at our current team in open play. Jesus, Saka, Trossard and Ødegaard are probably the only players who can break a game open from something out of nothing on a consistent basis. Only 3 of them are on the pitch at any one time and two of them have injury issues with only one of them being a deadly finisher off both feet.

When it comes to comparing the 4. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but out of all of them there are only two who will provide a moment of brilliance and break a game open. Isak and Zirkzee.

Sesko is a good young striker, but the dearth of strikers in his profile make him out to be something he isn't yet. A bit like Ferguson, he could easily end up like a Scamacca level player. That isn't taking us anywhere.

Gykoeres scores to goals he should, but it's massively skewed by the league he is in. I've watched match comps of him in the Championship and he is a solid robust striker, but he isn't taking us anywhere. He isn't going to grow into a big moment out of nothing player at 26. His physicality won't translate to the Premier League. His numbers look good but it isn't hard to score in that league.

So there is Isak and Zirkzee. Isak is exciting on the ball. He is fast, he has the dribbling and the ball carrying, but I don't think he is a CF. I don't think he is the player you want to pump the ball up to and say hold it. I don't think he is the player you want back to goal.

If you look at Zirkzee, statistically he stacks up pretty close to Havertz as is even superior in defending numbers which is saying something. Isak is very low in that respect.

I have watched a lot of Bologna this season, they play an interesting brand of football. They control the games and Zirkzee is on an island basically tasked with linking play and dropping deep. He doesn't always have players close to him so he tries things and loses possession, but he has something about him.

I can't really explain it. Isak has the same thing where defenders will stand off because he will make you look stupid but Isak needs to be running at you for him to be a threat. Zirkzee could be facing away from you and he will cruyff turn off his first touch in the box or nutmeg you out of nowhere. He reminds me of Jesus in the way he moves with the ball. It's very Brazillian in nature. Eliott kept saying he doesn't look 6ft 4, it's because he moves like he is 5 ft 9. His agility for his size and ability to change direction is insane.

He also has power off both feet in his shots. It's hard to say how good of a finisher he is, but he is in double figures. There isn't a striker 23 and under with more goals across the top 5 leagues. That's saying something.

oskja

I really like Arsenal Vision and support what they are doing, but they are seriously carried by Clive. I wouldn't listen to them without him. I catch episodes when he isn't there and this is a gaping hole.

Eliott is charismatic and very eloquent, but his opinion on talent and when scouting players are of a person who hasn't played a game of football in their life.

Watching the Champions League has really highlighted top level games and prizes to be won, require moments of brilliance.

When you look at our current team in open play. Jesus, Saka, Trossard and Ødegaard are probably the only players who can break a game open from something out of nothing on a consistent basis. Only 3 of them are on the pitch at any one time and two of them have injury issues with only one of them being a deadly finisher off both feet.

When it comes to comparing the 4. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but out of all of them there are only two who will provide a moment of brilliance and break a game open. Isak and Zirkzee.

Sesko is a good young striker, but the dearth of strikers in his profile make him out to be something he isn't yet. A bit like Ferguson, he could easily end up like a Scamacca level player. That isn't taking us anywhere.

Gykoeres scores to goals he should, but it's massively skewed by the league he is in. I've watched match comps of him in the Championship and he is a solid robust striker, but he isn't taking us anywhere. He isn't going to grow into a big moment out of nothing player at 26. His physicality won't translate to the Premier League. His numbers look good but it isn't hard to score in that league.

So there is Isak and Zirkzee. Isak is exciting on the ball. He is fast, he has the dribbling and the ball carrying, but I don't think he is a CF. I don't think he is the player you want to pump the ball up to and say hold it. I don't think he is the player you want back to goal.

If you look at Zirkzee, statistically he stacks up pretty close to Havertz as is even superior in defending numbers which is saying something. Isak is very low in that respect.

I have watched a lot of Bologna this season, they play an interesting brand of football. They control the games and Zirkzee is on an island basically tasked with linking play and dropping deep. He doesn't always have players close to him so he tries things and loses possession, but he has something about him.

I can't really explain it. Isak has the same thing where defenders will stand off because he will make you look stupid but Isak needs to be running at you for him to be a threat. Zirkzee could be facing away from you and he will cruyff turn off his first touch in the box or nutmeg you out of nowhere. He reminds me of Jesus in the way he moves with the ball. It's very Brazillian in nature. Eliott kept saying he doesn't look 6ft 4, it's because he moves like he is 5 ft 9. His agility for his size and ability to change direction is insane.

He also has power off both feet in his shots. It's hard to say how good of a finisher he is, but he is in double figures. There isn't a striker 23 and under with more goals across the top 5 leagues. That's saying something.
This is not the moment to buy a bang average striker (which Zirkzee is). This is when you buy someone who take you up a level so you can win the Premier League and Champions League. Isak, Gyökeres and Osimhem are obviously on the market. Their clubs need the money.

Grandolph

We need someone who will actually fit into our system and give us something else.
Doesn't matter if they dont have insane stats right now, what matters is the potential.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom