• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,281
  • Views 823,978

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Would love a Klopp sacking and for Liverpool fans to go back into glorious meltdown, but as if the former would even be entertained FFS.

It's not like they're struggling to get into the CL.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Klopp has lost a league cup final, a EL final, a CL final and is looking like he'll end up bottling the league after Liverpool had the chance to go 10 points clear a few weeks ago. Surely as an owner you'll start to think there's something up, it's all well and good getting close but if you fall at the final hurdle several times then it's a serious problem.

I don't really think the problem lies with Klopp, though, meaning his tactics/approach/man management. It has been a bit of a bottle job lately by them, but just compare their squad with City's squad. I think a commentator on German TV said City's ridiculous squad depth and thus their variability has helped them massively to get back at Liverpool in the league. It's pretty clear now why Klopp wanted Fékir to add another creator/goalthreat - the biggest mistake was probably to not just get another high quality attacker when that deal fell through. The drop off from Mane, Firmino and Salah to the likes of Shaqiri, Lallana or Ox is massive in comparison to the "drop off" from Aguero, Sterling and Bernardo to Sané, Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus. It certainly doesn't help either that Fabinho and Keita have flopped somewhat. As Liverpool I would have been all over Ramsey as a free and then given Fékir or another attacker a try. Liverpool's peak quality is too thin and their overall squad quality not good enough to make up for the first choice players losing steam. It's actually baffling none of their attacking trident has suffered a serious longterm injury by now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Although the Liverpool manager has so far been frustrated in his quest for silverware, he is yet to oversee a European campaign at Anfield in which his side has not reached the final, and is currently a point behind leaders Manchester City with nine Premier League games remaining.
Would the media describe any other manager like this? :lol: I never saw "Wenger has yet to oversee a league campaign at Arsenal in which his side has not reached the Champions League".

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I didn't really expect Liverpool would win it anyway but I do hope for it. I thought they are still 2/3 players short of truly getting over the line. A high quality playmaker, a striker and another winger.

I want them to win though. City have by far the strongest squad out there and it would be great to see Liverpool win. Kind of like a validation that with high quality work and efficient use of our resources we could reach a certain competitive level again.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yeah, Wenger and Arsenal seem to have a pretty positive rep in Germany for some reason.

Do I have to lists Wenger's achievements or do you remember them yourself?:lol:

I actually think what plays a certain role is that as an Alsacian he speaks German and has always done interviews with German media in our language, and if you do that over here as a foreigner that's a massive plus. People still go mad about when Leo DiCaprio said "Ich mag Schnitzel" some 20 years ago.

Then Arsenal also is that English club with a self sustaining model, and that's how the German clubs operate, too. They love a healthy, financially self sustainable company with its two feet on the ground - even if it means not being able to compete at the absolute top. We'd rather win stuff by our means than be some investor's PR ***** or toy.

Expectations aren't so crazy in Germany, either. Qualifying for the CL all the time every season is a consistency most German clubs and their fans can only dream of. Besides Bayern and Dortmund almost all clubs flip around the table like crazy in the span of seasons. So that history of consistent CL quali by Wenger at Arsenal is definitely a lauded achievement over here.

He's definitely revered as a football great and a gentleman. It's only with younger or even youngest generations who have been mostly exposed to Arsenal's current Top 4 fights and top player exodus that his reputation has suffered. When you hear middle aged pundits talk, it seems there's more of a feeling of sadness or something when talking about his last years that he couldn't make it work again, and it's quite often put into the context of other clubs spending a lot more.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is it amazing though? This will be his 4th trophy-less season if he ends up with nothing.
Come on, they've improved immeasurably and we went 9 years without a pot with a manager who'd been here for 8 years before the drought started. Yeah, we moved into a new stadium, but who cares really? 9 years without a trophy. To want Klopp gone is beyond *. It'd be pure blind frustration akin to throwing toys from a pram.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Come on, they've improved immeasurably and we went 9 years without a pot with a manager who'd been here for 8 years before the drought started. Yeah, we moved into a new stadium, but who cares really? 9 years without a trophy. To want Klopp gone is beyond *. It'd be pure blind frustration akin to throwing toys from a pram.
After the stadium change our model was 4th place, that has to be brought up when Wenger is mentioned.

I would stick with Klopp, top manager and Liverpool are a top side under him, but 4 yeas without a trophy despite the backing he’s received is questionable, not even a domestic cup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

last season has really gone to his head, shame

Think he’s having a sly dig at Auba as well as Kun there.

Also he says one thing in interviews and does the opposite in matches.

If they’d drawn yesterday it would’ve been down to him, he’s ignoring teammates in good positions to try and end his drought.

He even made the wrong choice at the end but got lucky Lloris’ banter keeping bailed him out.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Think it's Liverpool's year.They had luck in some matches,but they also knew how to win ugly with less goals and with fine defence.Winning EPL against this City would be some achievement.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It’s a sly dig at everyone stuck on 17 IMO. Including his own teammate :lol:.

Salah has been extremely poor for the last 7/8 games. Not just his lack of goals- his overall performances have been well below par.

Decision making, dribbling, shooting, timing of passes has all been well off. He’s suffering from his success to an extent as he was surreal last season, but this is Mo Salah now. People (Pool fans) comparing him to Messi and the likes just look foolish now.

You can’t scoff at 20 goals in all comps, it’s not a poor season at all. However, Salah is a top player who had an elite season. He’s not an elite player having a top season. Big difference.

Excuse the ambiguity with the word top, but I assume yous all know what I’m getting at.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Salah's form this year is another win for xG. He massively outperformed last season and now we are seeing his true level.

Which is still a very good level to be fair, albeit not world-class.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom