• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,363
  • Views 832,576

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Salah looks as good because he is a novelty in the Premier League. Teams will study him and figure him out, just like they did with Alexis.

He is too one footed, without much to compensate for it in the creative department, in my opinion. He doesnt mask it like Mahrez for example.

Let me be clear though, he is absolute quality. I would love to have him in our team.

Yeah good points but sign of potentially a prolific striker is how many chances he gets. He is actually wasteful. Its mind boggling.

And whats this about Coutinho transfer confirmed on the Nike website

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Their scouting is quality. Suarez, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Salah.

We need to go after any foreign based attacking player Liverpool target. They’re immense.

Throw in the Klopp effect, attracting Keita and VVD and you have the perfect mix. Class manager, who has money, who players want to play for along with a great scouting team.

Jealous

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Things go in cycles in football. They clearly look like they're on the up, but let's remember they had some bad years and some shocking recruitment. They're probably due a good period.

But let's also remember they're not the richest in the league (the common indicator of league position) and there's City who are far far ahead. I'd feel good if I was a Liverpool fan, but I still wouldn't expect them to win the league.

But yeah, things look good for them. You wonder if Coutinho leaving will pull the plug on everything but it might not. Not in the same way Kane leaving would obliterate Sp**s.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Liverpool are a bit touchy, imagine if Wenger tried to sue Pique and Puyol for putting a Barca shirt on Fabregas

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
They will only get stronger when Coutinho is gone for the amount he’s going.

Lemar seems like a direct replacement, and they can use the rest to get a better GK.

Under Klopp I have no doubt that they will challenge, he also has a good record against Pep and it will get better with a stronger squad.

Meanwhile we’re interested in Abdou Diallo and calling back Lucas Perez...

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

Lemar seems like a direct replacement, and they can use the rest to get a better GK.

Under Klopp I have no doubt that they will challenge, he also has a good record against Pep and it will get better with a stronger squad.

Depressing stuff.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Depressing stuff.
You guys expecting them to roll over and die?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think you'd have to be a bit crazy not to see the improvements they've made under Klopp. Look at the squad he's managing, the vast majority of them wouldn't even get a look in for Tottenham. Their biggest star previous to this season was someone everyone agreed was overrated and a tier below players like Silva, Özil, Sanchez, De Bruyne etc.

His signings have been very good, with both Mane and Salah looking like great buys for their respective fees.

Their attack has been immense, especially considering how they don't have a proper striker in the squad. Given their fairly poor player pull, you cannot deny that his moves have been quite good. Firmino has been a decent striker alternative in a market where every single club above them is looking for good strikers. He has found goals through his wingers instead, which is admirable.

His handling of the Coutinho situation has also been great. Even with one foot out the door and fairly vitriolic transfer business happening around him, he's somehow managed to keep not only Coutinho content, but also the squad. He doesn't look like a player who's about to leave when he plays.

It is far from perfect but I don't see how anyone could reasonably expect more from a club that was completely mismanaged before he took over. They were literally mid-table and looked completely lost.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They have definitely improved and credit is due.

That said, I believe that Klopp is too one dimensional as a manager to turn them into a serious force. Gegenpressing football is very very effective, but beyond that wave they are seriously poor in their defensive organisation.

There is a reason Big Sam is able to stabilise and help teams the way he does, because he builds from the back.

We see what comes next now with their aquisition of Virgil and Keita to come. Add in a proper keeper as well.

I can see them dazzling in the league, but they are no better than we were during the Wengerball years. Capable of magical football and putting together magnificent results, but ultimately falling short.

Last edited:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

That said, I believe that Klopp is too one dimensional as a manager to turn them into a serious force. Gegenpressing football is very very effective, but beyond that wave they are seriously poor in their defensive organisation.

There is a reason Big Sam is able to stabilise and help teams the way he does, because he builds from the back.

We see what comes next now with their aquisition of Virgil and Keita to come. Add in a proper keeper as well.

I can see them dazzling in the league, but they are no better than we were during the Wengerball years. Capable of magical football and putting together magnificent results, but ultimately falling short.

Probably worth mentioning that while they've been poor defensively, the talent they have available at the moment is shocking. Easily the worst defenders out of all the top 6 candidates in my opinion, especially if you include the keeper in the unit.

Like Wenger, Klopp relies on great individual quality from his defenders for his system to work properly. All in all I think they've done fairly okay given the absolute bag of woe available at the back.

I see no improvement from the best Rodgers year to what they are now. If anything I think they have regressed even if I think their attack is more balanced.

Jurgen has been complete Flopp so far. But lets wait and see after he has spent over 300 million on the squad.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I see no improvement from the best Rodgers year to what they are now. If anything I think they have regressed even if I think their attack is more balanced.

Jurgen has been complete Flopp so far. But lets wait and see after he has spent over 300 million on the squad.

Look at the team Klopp has available though. He inherited a mid-table side.

While Rodger's team performed well above expectations, it was largely carried by Suarez, who is one of the greatest strikers of all time. On top of that, Sturridge somehow managed to both stay fit and be in the form of his life. The amount of luck was incredible when you think about it.

Their attack is super impressive when you consider the fact that they have no real striker.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Huge fee but never a good sign to lose such key players.

Coutinho demanding a mid season move & Can agreeing a Juve deal is a bad week regardless of who they bring in.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom