• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurrien Timber: ACL Injury, Back in Training

MikeVinna

Established Member
We’ve got a lot of options in defense at the moment so I doubt he makes the dutch national team just like that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Fyi Timber at left back is a mistake. He played there before his injury for us but to me that was another arteta big brain moment. He is good on the ball but he’s going to do very unnatural things moving inside from the left and it will hurt us going forward. He should be used for rightback and centreback. He never played on the left for Ajax. He’s competition for White and backup for the rest. You guys need to stop thinking he is the solution for the left side he is not.

goons

Fyi Timber at left back is a mistake. He played there before his injury for us but to me that was another arteta big brain moment. He is good on the ball but he’s going to do very unnatural things moving inside from the left and it will hurt us going forward. He should be used for rightback and centreback. He never played on the left for Ajax. He’s competition for White and backup for the rest. You guys need to stop thinking he is the solution for the left side he is not.
He was excellent playing lb for us so not sure what your argument here is. Small sample rate but it’s extremely likely Arteta will keep giving him games there.

REWB

Good point, but we need to wait and see how he performs at LB. I did notice he looked uncomfortable playing LB in some situations. Especially his passing was sometimes off but that could just be because he's getting used to a new team so we have to be patient.

razörist

He was excellent playing lb for us so not sure what your argument here is. Small sample rate but it’s extremely likely Arteta will keep giving him games there.
Extremely small sample of a player that just arrived.

Watched him for years. We need to play to our players strenghts. Now with Arteta figuring out White can invert from the right too instead of forcing Tierney and Kiwior and Tomi to do it from the left when Zinchenko was not available, there is no reason to do it anymore.

Why you thinking you know more than Kwisartetz Hartetach? 🤣🤣

razörist

Why you thinking you know more than Kwisartetz Hartetach? 🤣🤣
I don’t but I think Arteta knows this too and has better options now than at the start of the season when he did Timber on the left and Partey as right back. White inverts now, Kiwior can play on the left. Better options than forcing a righty to the wrong side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I thought he was excellent during pre season and man city if he comfortable playing there we should keep him there imo the fact he can play anywhere in the back line is big bonus for us

razörist

I thought he was excellent during pre season and man city if he comfortable playing there we should keep him there imo the fact he can play anywhere in the back line is big bonus for us
I did not like it. He did well under pressure but he ended up somewhere in the middle for no reason all the time. Unnatural. Lets keep things like they should be.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I did not like it. He did well under pressure but he ended up somewhere in the middle for no reason all the time. Unnatural. Lets keep things like they should be.
It's either there or we have to put white on bench really interesting what they gonna do with him

Tnegs

Why could he not play on the left? If White can play RB at such a high level why wouldn’t Timber be able to do the same on the left? Kiwi even looks good on the left in this system.

razörist

It's either there or we have to put white on bench really interesting what they gonna do with him
In another universe one of white or saliba gets injured

Then u have him

Also as a sub

Maybe we wouldnt be out of all the cups if all the bench wasnt injured

Not everyone has to be a starter

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only question is whether his the first choice LB.

Don’t think it’ll be a direct White vs Timber. Arteta likely wants most of his players hovering around 25-28 starts through rotation.

The only question is whether his the first choice LB.

Don’t think it’ll be a direct White vs Timber. Arteta likely wants most of his players hovering around 25-28 starts through rotation.

Is that the question? Not even Zinchenko is our left back. Kiwior is. Timber will have to work hard.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Absolutely fantastic news fans still need to manage their expectation with this guy he won't be playing alot we likely need build his sharpness

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No need to rush him back at all. We have Tomi and Zinchenko returning to full fitness, Kiwior playing quite well, and White back to his best.

We can use our current position of strength in the fullback areas to give him a proper full recovery. I don’t want him to lose any of his explosiveness // not return to 100%.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom