• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Just got back from Athens.....

alonso14

Established Member
tired, with my suitcase still in Athens...although the latest thought is that it may have gone to Milan...So thats the European Cup and my suitscase that has ended up in the wrong hands!

Not going to harp on about the match, Ihave read some of what has been posted and frankly some people talk ****...however, I thought we were the better side in the first half, not so effective as it wore on......The first goal was always going to be the killer, and that fluke cost us......i thought someof our players played very well..namely Mascherano and Pennant.........He had to take Masch off as we needed to score, but we paid for it.....

Athens itself was great...we had a ball right upto to kick off when things went ugly.......There are a few sets of people who need to have a long look at themselves....UEFA, for a) hosting the final in a ground that was incapable of hosting an event like this...I didnt show my ticket ONCE....it is in pristine condition.....no wonder so many people blagged tehre way in...b) the ticketing allocation was a joke.....again we had three side of the ground, give us more tickets and you aleviate a problem.....Some of our "supporters" need sorting out too.....a few stories of tickets being stolen......and people force tehre way in....they are ****ing thick............And the organisation o f the ground was disgraceful......as i said i got in without ever showing my ticket...some got in on forgeries and I know of one lad who got in by showing his blue bank card!

as I said the Monday, Tuesday and leading upt o the game Weds were great

Tony Montana

Established Member
I love stories of European trips like these. We get it from RockyRocastle and Marco all the time.

I'll move this to personal articles but the mods can feel free to move it elsewhere.

RC8

Established Member
Thanks for sharing that with us Alonso14.

It seems the organisation of the event was really awful. Also, whoever came up with the idea of putting a big screen in one of the main squares of the city so that both sets of fans could see the game is an idiot. In a Liverpool-Milan final it is always likely that the losers will be sour and drunk.... and they were.

Once again thanks, keep up these stories coming.

PS

RC8 said:
. Also, whoever came up with the idea of putting a big screen in one of the main squares of the city so that both sets of fans could see the game is an idiot. .

:shock: Are you serious?

EUFA put the screen in last minute. When Liverpool fans without tickets were going crazy to trying to get into Athens stadium.

It was a very good idea. Because there could have been even worst trouble if there was no screen for the Merseyside fans to watch the game.

In the World Cup they did this all the time and was very successfull idea.

RC8

Established Member
PS said:
RC8 said:
. Also, whoever came up with the idea of putting a big screen in one of the main squares of the city so that both sets of fans could see the game is an idiot. .

EUFA put the screen in last minute. When Liverpool fans without tickets were going crazy to trying to get into Athens stadium.

It was a very good idea. Because there could have been even worst trouble if there was no screen for the Merseyside fans to watch the game.

But let's be serious, unless Germany, England, or Poland are involved there isn't really a danger of anything happening in the world cup.

It would have been easy to put a police line and divide the square into the 2 sets of fans. Unsurprisingly there were many injured after the game was over in that place.

But I agree that it's better than not having everything given the piss poor organisation at the stadium.

alonso14

Established Member
PS said:
RC8 said:

Easy isnt it when your cluib has fasn that dont travel......shame you couldnt sell your tickets

If we play each other in Moscow or Rome they should give Liverpool 40000 tickets and Milan 10,000...after the level of support you took to Istanbul and Athens that should just be about right....in fact **** it...have the ****ing thing in Milan, at the San Siro...we would still out number you

pathetic travelling support

PS

alonso14 said:
Easy isnt it when your cluib has fasn that dont travel......shame you couldnt sell your tickets

If we play each other in Moscow or Rome they should give Liverpool 40000 tickets and Milan 10,000...after the level of support you took to Istanbul and Athens that should just be about right....in fact f**k it...have the f****g thing in Milan, at the San Siro...we would still out number you

Still bitter about Wednesday nights loss? Get over yourself. You can say what you want about fans. You have the better fans. Happy?

But i rather take the trophy. Which we did, and thats what counts.

Better luck next year.

alonso14

Established Member
PS said:
alonso14 said:

If we play each other in Moscow or Rome they should give Liverpool 40000 tickets and Milan 10,000...after the level of support you took to Istanbul and Athens that should just be about right....in fact f**k it...have the f****g thing in Milan, at the San Siro...we would still out number you

Still bitter about Wednesday nights loss? Get over yourself. You can say what you want about fans. You have the better fans. Happy?

But i rather take the trophy. Which we did, and thats what counts.

Better luck next year.

yes very bitter....thats right

that bitter i was drinking with Milan fans for hours after the game and spent a good couple of hours congratulating the Milanese as they were coming through Syngmata Sq

I can take defeatm i just cant take getting lectured by know alls who dont have first hand experience of what they are talking about, or have noit researched a subject they are pontificating about

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom