• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Just when i thought our win was controversy free...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
..... the boys are itv are crying offside for the henry's goal, what a load of bullshit. Its funny in a way though because a couple of weeks ago they were going on about how henry was clever in going into an 'offside' position then returning into an on side one to receive the ball. Now, beacuse the new offside rule is unclear, they are trying to use arsenal to publicize its controversy. what better team eh?

Alexone234

itv do not know about football which is why their show is void of any real punditry.

Long live MOTD.

Alexone234

It would have been nice to see Reyes get his first goal. Maybe he is waiting for the Charlton game know I'll be there

Alexone234

I was so hoping he would score against Citeh, then Henry reminded us that he is worth more than £17mil

jc8gooner

That was not off side. No way. Even before this so-called change in the rules, it wouldn't have been called offside. You can be in an offside position in the build up to a goal, that is quite legal. It's when the final ball is played that it counts, and when Pires slipped it through to Titi, he was clearly onside. No argument.

I think there is a difference with set-pieces though; you have to be onside when a set-piece is taken, even if the ball is not coming to you directly.

A

Anonymous

henry's girl said:
5goals in his last 4 league games, my baby is on fire :p .
Rey's time will come :)

But hew didn't score first. :roll:

Andrew

Off-side? Are they blind? He was no way near off-side when the ball was played to him. Yes, he was in an off-side position during the build up play but he wasn't involved in that at all so that should be ingnored. It's like saying if the ball is being passed around in defence and a forward at the other end of the field is off-side would they pay the off-side? No way.

Anyway, we scored another goal so would have won anyway. Wolves were actually lucky with the off-sides, Ganea should have scored when he was through but was clearly off-side which was not given.

A

Anonymous

The ITV people were not claiming he was offside. They clearly stated that he was onside during the second phase of play.

It was Dave Jones who said Henry was offside and the new rule is rubbish.

And this can be posted in the Wolves thread. Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom