• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kai Havertz: No More Mr Nice Kai

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Bars pretty low. United got Hojlund who’s much younger and was cheaper and he’s scored more than Kai this season.

£75M for 11 goals is a poor return, I think most are just surprised.
Not sure how many times it has to be said but it was 75m EUROS not pounds. 1.2m Euros more than Hoijund, but Hoijland has up to 10m Euros in 'very achievable' add-ons to come.

And given that Hoijlund is a one position player, its not really apples for apples.

Hoijlund at CF - 37 apps (all but 3 starts, most 80 mins or more), 14 goals, 2 assists = G+A ratio - 0.43 G+A a game
Havertz at CF - 14 apps (13starts all 60 mins or more) , 6 goals, 5 assists. = G+A ratio - 0.79 G+A a game.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Giroud 2.0. Go missing when the team need him most but will score a goal or two when the team is already winning to dupe gullible fans.

We would be in CL semifinal and top of the league now if we had vlahovic/Watkins instead.
Vlahovic offers nothing bar goal though and Watkins is best sprung with long balls from deep (though has improved hugely this year).

Now Watkins AND Havertz in our squad would be nice, and I still think Vlahovic could do well for us.

Both would cost more than Havertz did, and the former already turned us down.

Also, yes City have the games in hand to overtake us, but we are top of the league

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Hojlunds doing it in one of the worst United teams I’ve ever seen, they rank bottom of nearly every graph. It’s pretty incredible he’s scored as much as he has.
He's a good young player, but its not incredble.

Hes failed to score in 26 of his 37 games, and all but one of his league goals game in a 7 week spell in the team's best run of form.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Unrelated - but where can I get a breakdown of when/where Havertz has played midfield vs False 9?

I’m not sure about the 70/30 split so just wanted to see if the usual sites are missclassifying him in some games.

checks out for me.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Giroud 2.0. Go missing when the team need him most but will score a goal or two when the team is already winning to dupe gullible fans.

We would be in CL semifinal and top of the league now if we had vlahovic/Watkins instead.
You don't watch much Arsenal do you?

Havertz has 2x winning goals vs. Brentford, one winning goal assist vs. City, one winning goal assist vs. Luton, one assist to draw vs. Luton and later Arsenal won it by one goal, in two games against Brighton to score a 2-goal lead goal to nail the game, and once scoring against Newcastle to make a 2-goal lead.

So that's 8 goals or assists out of 15 non-penalty goals this season that have been important. You're talking bollocks.

elemoo

Showed up and got us 6pts vs Brentford so not sure which games you’re talking about where he didn’t show up at CF and cost us points. I only recall games where 70% of the players didn’t play well.

elemoo

Bars pretty low. United got Hojlund who’s much younger and was cheaper and he’s scored more than Kai this season.

Didn’t realise that tbh… is that the same number of PL app as CF (not incl pens) ?

elemoo

There are the hardcore like Drippin who will argue over every minute detail insisting Arsenal/Arteta got it 100% right and Haverts is the best and better than x/y/z.

Realistically, Havertz and Jackson are on a similar tally, but one of the butt of jokes and the other is praised. Both begged for a penalty, one got it, one didn't which is life.

I just think if we were offered a do over we don't spend 65 mil and 300k per week for what we got. Likewise if a team offered to give our money back this summer, this Haverts facade ends immediately and the truth will come out like Ramsdale.

That’s bit unfair, facts are facts and you can’t argue with the numbers in regards to output.

Also it is not is the fans that wanted him so having a do-over I think Arteta would still take Havertz. And if we win the PL, he will have scored 2 of the most important goals earning us 6pts vs Brentford.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

That’s bit unfair, facts are facts and you can’t argue with the numbers in regards to output.

Also it is not is the fans that wanted him so having a do-over I think Arteta would still take Havertz. And if we win the PL, he will have scored 2 of the most important goals earning us 6pts vs Brentford.
He also held the ball like a target man against City, and dropped the ball to Martinelli with a nice pass to make it 1-0.

That resulted Arsenal getting 2 more points, and City getting 1 point less.

Xoxo

You don't watch much Arsenal do you?

Havertz has 2x winning goals vs. Brentford, one winning goal assist vs. City, one winning goal assist vs. Luton, one assist to draw vs. Luton and later Arsenal won it by one goal, in two games against Brighton to score a 2-goal lead goal to nail the game, and once scoring against Newcastle to make a 2-goal lead.

So that's 8 goals or assists out of 15 non-penalty goals this season that have been important. You're talking bollocks.
Showed up and got us 6pts vs Brentford so not sure which games you’re talking about where he didn’t show up at CF and cost us points. I only recall games where 70% of the players didn’t play well.
Arsenal signed havertz for £70 milion and he is the 2nd highest paid player in the squad. For that, we expect someone who when things are going bad he’s going to put the team on his back and say don't worry i am here. Even nketiah can score against midtable clubs like Brentford and luton.

Now let see havertz performance ratings in important matches this season.

Bayern H&A = 6.5 and 6.5 respectively
City H and A =6.5 , 6.8
Liverpool H and A= 6..2, 6.6
Manchester United home = 6.2
Totenham Home = 6.2

Porto A = 6.2
Porto H= 7.1

jaystewart

We haven't had a player capable of hurting big teams in a long time. Bukayo is the only player that seems capable of doing something and the evidence is quite thin. We've played city and liverpool 6 times this year and only scored one goal which wasn't a deflection, rebound or set piece. I don't care if this is a record goal scoring season, this is a huge issue. City can to any team in the world and score 3 with Haaland not getting a touch.

This is why I don't get excited about pumping minnows 6-0 because it glosses over the fact we don't have a single elite attacking player. Auba was a good finisher but totally relied on service. Van Persie on the other hand.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

😁Inflating his price again little fella
£60m + a possible 5m in add-ons looks a decent fee at the moment.

Think we struggle to maintain a title challenge this season without him.

Look at the signings made last summer.
Both Rice & Havertz been super important coz Partey & Jesus have not been available/up to speed.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

checks out for me.

Ye I haven’t had time to go through it yet my gut just says he’s played more than 30% of games as CF and that there’s some games since the start of the year where they have mistakenly put him down as CM.

City H and A =6.5 , 6.8
Totenham Home = 6.2

Porto A = 6.2
Porto H= 7.1

I’m neither his biggest fan nor his biggest critic but this is a flawed analysis as it doesn’t tell us what his relative rating was for those games - he might have been one of the highest rated Arsenal players for all I know

elemoo

Arsenal signed havertz for £70 milion and he is the 2nd highest paid player in the squad. For that, we expect someone who when things are going bad he’s going to put the team on his back and say don't worry i am here. Even nketiah can score against midtable clubs like Brentford and luton.

City H and A =6.5 , 6.8
Totenham Home = 6.2

Porto A = 6.2
Porto H= 7.1

You can expect that of a player in general sure but but when we signed him, you’d be hard pressed to find literally anyone who thought Havertz was going to be that type to carry the team on his back. I don’t tho k he has ever been that type of player. Many aren’t who cost just as much.

With that in mind, if you choose not to adjust your expectations having seen him play for us then it’s on you.

He’s putting up some of the top numbers in the league for a CF based on his time there. I didn’t expect that at all.

And who are the other players that have bailed us out in games we otherwise wouldn’t have won?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Hojlunds doing it in one of the worst United teams I’ve ever seen, they rank bottom of nearly every graph. It’s pretty incredible he’s scored as much as he has.
Hojlund is actually one of the biggest problems with Uniteds attack. The guys next to him are so frustrated with him because they can’t combine with him. His first touch is poor and everything dies with him. He already had a big falling out with Bruno and Garnacho according to the rumours and he complained to ten hag the others are not passing to him. Well when your team mate see you constantly lose the ball they will fail to pass to you eventually

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I get where you’re coming from but I’m also starting to think Ødegaard wouldn’t look technically out of place against any of our past players barring just Bergkamp.

I have grossly underestimated his technique simply because of his reluctance to ball out on the pitch but it’s there.
You very rarely get the time & space nowadays to do the things you could 20 odd years ago mate.
Teams are far better set up tactically.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom