• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalFever

Ziyech isn't anything like Özil, Özil's a complex player whereas Ziyech seems to do the simple things very well. I also notice the space Ziyech has when on the ball, technically his left foot is he's biggest asset imo and plays a part in many of Ajax's goals scored. 40m isn't a bad fee for that kind of calibre of player, especially when you consider Maddison and Cantwell would prob cost more.

26 going on 27 is young, prime years ahead, and could be ready to move up a gear, but there are other options out there.
Position wise, he would be top priority for Arsenal imo along with a centre back.

If Mustafi is sold this month, then I would think a centre back signing would almost be a certainty, and I do think Arsenal will pay the money and get the chequebook out for the right players, or none at all.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought Ziyech was a young player, around 21/22. :lol:

We do have more pressing needs but the attack can’t be overlooked, especially when you consider one of Lacazette or Auba shouldn’t be starting.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Love the delivery, you can see that Promes is confident the ball will come.
Yeah and those are only the ones that turned out to be goals. There are a few more missed, and a wrongly disallowed one vs chelsea at home.

ScotsGooner89

Would love ziyech as the Özil replacement. Agree with everyone else that other areas are more important right now though. If he was 22-23 it would be a no brainer as he would be hitting prime right when Özil is finished. I can’t see smith-Rowe or willock being that creative force for us in a few years so it’s gonna have to come from a transfer at some point in next few years.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

The only way Ziyech makes sense is if he replaces Özil. I'd be very happy with that, I rate Ziyech and if I remember correctly he was rumoured to have mentioned his interest in playing for Arsenal a while ago.

Regardless, it's a summer move, not a winter one.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

We were never going to bring in anyone this window. Most likely Arteta is going to assess who he knows for certain will be part of the club come September & who will be shipped out whilst scouting their replacements now to get them in during June.

Tomb Bombadil

Day 5 and still no solid rumours of a PROPER defender. Im worried.
I would give Arteta time with this squad until end of season to assess it and then clean out the squad and invest properly. Just to make a panic buy makes no sense for me. If there is the possiblity to grab someone like Upamecano let's do it. We don't have that much money to rebuild our squad so invest it properly.

Top4 will be really difficult so lets see this as a transitions season.

Goonger

Day 5 and still no solid rumours of a PROPER defender. Im worried.

I might be going against the grain here, I don't think we actually NEED anyone this window. Sure, it would be great to upgrade the squad, especially defence, but I don't want us just signing anyone. If 1 of our main targets become available then great, but I don't think we need to go in paying over the odds to force it, as I think it will be hard to move top targets out of teams mid season.

The defence itself will improve just by us being more structured & organised as a team. In terms of personnel, numbers wise we are still ok unless anyone leaves like Mustafi, or we are really struggling to get the likes of Bellerin & Holding up to full fitness.

That gives Arteta a chance to get a good look at the players, & gives everyone a chance to assess who is going to cut it in his system & who won't.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I might be going against the grain here, I don't think we actually NEED anyone this window. Sure, it would be great to upgrade the squad, especially defence, but I don't want us just signing anyone. If 1 of our main targets become available then great, but I don't think we need to go in paying over the odds to force it, as I think it will be hard to move top targets out of teams mid season.

The defence itself will improve just by us being more structured & organised as a team. In terms of personnel, numbers wise we are still ok unless anyone leaves like Mustafi, or we are really struggling to get the likes of Bellerin & Holding up to full fitness.

That gives Arteta a chance to get a good look at the players, & gives everyone a chance to assess who is going to cut it in his system & who won't.

Well said. This is sober opinion.

zilfy

That makes sense, but surely Chambers injury has left a hole in the squad which needs to be filled? Even if just a loan

Goonger

That makes sense, but surely Chambers injury has left a hole in the squad which needs to be filled? Even if just a loan

Well, if you look at numbers, we have currently Bellerin & AMN for right back, Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi & Mavropanos for central defence, & Kolasniac, Tierney (when he's fit) & now Saka that can fill in there.

Hopefully we get Bellerin & Holding up to full fitness, if we do then that should lessen the need for another body, obviously if it looks like they are still struggling or we can get Mustafi shipped out, then yeah, it's something that would require more urgency.

I'm not against getting someone in as cover, on loan or even on a short term deal like Boateng if the numbers add up, but dont think we should commit a lot of resources on players if we aren't totally sure they were what we wanted.

It's the same in midfield. We all think we need a bit more athleticism in there, & i think that will be looked at in the summer, but since it looks like Torreira & Xhaka are committed to the summer at least, (& back in form) & with Guendouzi, Willock are more importantly Ceballos to come back from injury, we should give these guys a chance to allow us to reassess our plans in the summer, unless of course 1 of our targets become available in winter at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom