• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

interesting

Why interesting? have we been linked?

Just on Kounde, he and his partner Diego Carlos both come from Ligue 1 for around 30-40m combined last summer and are now worth that each on their own and are being linked to bigger clubs. I see no reason why we shouldn't be trying to sign CB's outside of the premier league given Carlos and Kounde would walk into our side and their is plenty of players just like them in Ligue 1.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

th

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This club needs to grow some balls and start making decision based purely on what's good for the team and not on what's good for agents. For better or worse this is Arsenal and we play a certain way, our coach plays a certain way. We don't play in a compact deep block and hit teams on the counter, we play with the ball at our feet and with a high line.

By far the most important attributes for CB's in that style is being able to quickly run back to recover and being comfortable with the ball at your feet. Koscielny was the best defender of the Emirates era because he was quick and comfortable with the ball.

Time after time we buy CB's who are not quick, who cannot chase back after an attacker and recover the ball. Yes aerial ability is important, defending set-pieces is important, but they're not the most important things. Players like Dunk might be good in the air, might be good passers even, but they're not quick enough to play in our system. The system should override everything.

We should not buy Mari because he's not quick enough, simple as that. The only thing he has going for him is that he hasn't played enough games yet to make any serious mistakes. It doesn't matter how good he is in the air or how good is passing is. He's slow.

Cedric f*cking Soares is not a player you should buy. He's just an average RB. Go and find a RB that suits the system you want, you don't buy someone just to keep cosy with a f*cking agent. Do Southampton fans miss Soares? No. Do Chelsea or Dortmund fans miss Luiz or Sokratis? No.

Decide on a system and find players who suit that system. Obviously you're doing it on a smaller budget than City, but the principle is the same. The system is paramount, not the f*cking agents.

Tom349

Why Arteta want him?

Did you watch Bellerin against Brighton? Im not big on signing Cedric as I don't think he is good enough to be a starter but at the same time I don't think he is a horrible player and given we have many areas that need upgrading if signing Cedric on a free means being able to maximise spending in more important areas then I personally would welcome his signing. Of course I would like to see how Cedric looks in Arsenal shirt before deciding one way or the other.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Did you watch Bellerin against Brighton? Im not big on signing Cedric as I don't think he is good enough to be a starter but at the same time I don't think he is a horrible player and given we have many areas that need upgrading if signing Cedric on a free means being able to maximise spending in more important areas then I personally would welcome his signing. Of course I would like to see how Cedric looks in Arsenal shirt before deciding one way or the other.
we really need a new RB but Cedric won't be better than Bellerin there a reason why Southampton don't want to extend his contract.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Villa go down, I’ll target Mings. Good character too.

That said, I don’t think he’s top class or anything, but next to Saliba it looks very steady and promising.

Tom349

we really need a new RB but Cedric won't be better than Bellerin there a reason why Southampton don't want to extend his contract.

I think right now Cedric would be a massive upgrade on Bellerin who has been downright awful since returning from injury. Cedric being able to run while changing direction in itself would be an upgrade.

Who is to say Cedric didn't want to extend his contract with Southampton? The reality is he was a starter there and probably one of their better paid players. In all likelihood both parties agreed to go their seperate ways, Southampton because they have Valery coming through and Cedric because he could paid more elsewhere. Im not for one second saying Cedric is the level we should aspire too but provided he is signed on friendly terms (i.e squad level pay) then he is a signing that makes sense in this current environment and current state of the team (more pressing issues elsewhere).

The only issue I have with the deal is who he is represented by, which to be fair is fairly big issue.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mings plays with a bit of passion, doesn’t like conceding, hates losing, got bit of an attitude. Not top class but you’ll feel like you have some character in the team finally.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Automatically file the Neto report as bollocks. Not a chance we spend €20m on a keeper.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
How much can you hate Kia? At the end of the day he’s being instructed by Raul and Edu.
no idea what our owners are doing but this has to stop unless they getting money from these deals and this would be awful and not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom