• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well, Tierney has been sold to Madrid and we are awful without him...serves this fanbase right.

This one id on the Sauce Squad.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But he's also the only other player we have who's looked consistently competent at LB. We all remember Xhaka at Villarreal, Cedric was a disaster at Villa I think it was as a LB last season as well. We've won games and looked dangerous with Saka there before and as I said it would only be till the end of the season.

I'm sure Pepe/Ødegaard could form a decent alternative over the course of a few games.

I think you sacrifice the LB position for the sake of the midfield and attacking chemistry, especially at this point in the season. Another option is maybe Tomiyasu at LB (think he plays LCB for Japan) but who knows when he's going to be back.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think you sacrifice the LB position for the sake of the midfield and attacking chemistry, especially at this point in the season. Another option is maybe Tomiyasu at LB (think he plays LCB for Japan) but who knows when he's going to be back.

Not sure on that. Sure it's only 1 game but the midfield and attack was virtually non existent tonight. We've played really well lately but we're also not at the level where we can't alter certain things.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure on that. Sure it's only 1 game but the midfield and attack was virtually non existent tonight. We've played really well lately but we're also not at the level where we can't alter certain things.

As you said its one game. We've essentially been in title challenging form for a consistent period of time since we changed the midfield (and brought in Martinelli on the left). I think it would be very knee jerk to change it so drastically off the back of one result.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As you said its one game. We've essentially been in title challenging form for a consistent period of time since we changed the midfield (and brought in Martinelli on the left). I think it would be very knee jerk to change it so drastically off the back of one result.

Without the injuries for sure I'd agree with that. Luckily we've still got some decent players who can come in. As good as Saka/Ødegaard have looked together, they're also more than good enough to work well with other players in the squad. There's been time Saka has moved to LW and looked excellent for example.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
That kills the dynamic of our attack. The Saka-Ødegaard connection on the right has been a key to our recent success, and I'm not sure you want both Saka and Martinelli on the same flank. It would also probably mean Xhaka as to return go that LCB role when Saka bombs on which changes another dynamic.
Saka martinelli worked really well before though

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
My choice is if we get tomi back soon then Cedric lb
2nd choice saka
Last resort xhaka

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka martinelli worked really well before though

I think it would mean Xhaka would have to essentially abandon his current role in the midfield to cover for Saka all of the time, which would in turn give martinelli less space to exploit as it would make it easier for opponents to double up on him.

I also just am fundamentally against moving Saka to the defence. The guys our best attacker you dont move him to cover at LB in my opinion.

Without the injuries for sure I'd agree with that. Luckily we've still got some decent players who can come in. As good as Saka/Ødegaard have looked together, they're also more than good enough to work well with other players in the squad. There's been time Saka has moved to LW and looked excellent for example.

Yeah fair, guess we just see it differently.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tomi need to comeback that the only way replacing Tierney so we can switch Cedric to LB it's still risk but Tomi need to f**king come back it's ridiculous

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tomi need to comeback that the only way replacing Tierney so we can switch Cedric to LB it's still risk but Tomi need to f**king come back it's ridiculous

Maybe even Tomi at LB. It's not like Tierney has really been bombing on and overlapping as much recently. Tomi there may also help Gabriel who's looked suspect recently.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Maybe even Tomi at LB. It's not like Tierney has really been bombing on and overlapping as much recently. Tomi there may also help Gabriel who's looked suspect recently.
Tomi is not LB Cedric played many times there i still not give up about Tavares he need to pick himself up

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Knee surgery always bad affect the pace specially for fullback. We just don't know hopefully it's not ACL

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What a shame, he has been good for us this season.

Speedy recovery mate

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We rushed Tomi back last time and gave him a massive set back. Ideally he'd get 10-20 minutes in the next couple of games.

With Partey possibly out too we can’t drop Xhaka from midfield. Saka might be the best option given we have Pepe, ESR and Martinelli to step in for him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel - White - Holding - Cedric backline

Xhaka Elneny midfield

Glorious return to Europe playing Conference League against ISIS combatants on Turkmenic minefields pending

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom