• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Must be frustrating for scotland that their two best players are left backs :lol:

To get both of them on the pitch at the same time, they now have to play one as a CB :lol:

Gunner-Union

Must be frustrating for scotland that their two best players are left backs :lol:

To get both of them on the pitch at the same time, they now have to play one as a CB :lol:

Very true though mctiominay and McGinn are good midfielders
But they don’t have any exciting forwards who can beat a man

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Our right back options are also terrible which means teams can just pin down our left hand side defensively. One of our best young prospects is also a left back who plays in Serie A. Typical :lol:

Hooplehead

Very true though mctiominay and McGinn are good midfielders
But they don’t have any exciting forwards who can beat a man
Callum McGregor is Scotland's best player.

And as for exciting forwards who can beat a man, keep an eye out for Mikey Johnston, huge talent.

Hooplehead

Better than Robbo and KT? Cmon. McGinn is probably better too.
Yes, I thought that even when KT was still at Celtic, Callum is a top top player, very un-scottish in his skillset.

I would agree that KT and Robbo are much closer to being the best in their position than McGregor is due to the amount of talent that plays at cm, but overall McGregor is best Scottish player for me, a complete midfielder with a workrate and attitude like KT's, he's the player all the other guys at Celtic regard as the best even when KT was still here.

I'm fairly certain you's will find out how good he is soon enough coz I think our team is about to be dismantled and I expect Callum to end up in the EPL.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Callum McGregor is Scotland's best player.

And as for exciting forwards who can beat a man, keep an eye out for Mikey Johnston, huge talent.

You can't be serious on McGregor. I used to watch him under Deila. He was ****e. They might have fed him inordinate amounts of horse placenta since then...

Hooplehead

If you say so ;):lol:

Yeah I'm intrigued to see how he would perform here. What calibre of side could you see signing him?
I think I may have actually mentioned it way back in the Tierney transfer thread before he signed for you's, it's been my opinion even back when Dembele was playing for us.

As for what side I think he could end up at, for me he'd definitely strengthen Arsenal, he's a good bit better than McTominay in my opinion but he's always been underrated so it's much more likely teams who have good knowledge of our players like a Southampton or Leicester will go for him, if the reports are true we've already knocked back £20-25m from Leicester last season.

Hooplehead

Yep scored a good title deciding goal at the weekend too!
Yep...

3fc035bc5d869aaffbba6c659c7a2299.gif

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To those who think KT is better than Robertson does that mean you rate him as the best LB in the world because....

Hooplehead

You can't be serious on McGregor. I used to watch him under Deila. He was ****e. They might have fed him inordinate amounts of horse placenta since then...
Struggled to get in the team at 21 but once he got a run he's pretty quickly established himself as every managers favorite player.

I think he's been Celtic's most consistent players for about 4 years now so I doubt you've seen much of him in that time to still have that opinion.

Last edited:

Hooplehead

To those who think KT is better than Robertson does that mean you rate him as the best LB in the world because....
I've watched both since they were young and always felt KT was a better allround LB and had a higher ceiling, but at the same time I really don't think anyone can say that with much conviction anymore with Robertson going on to win the EC and EPL, especially since at the same time KT was going through a bad 2 year injury spell.

Tierney needs to keep doing what he's doing for a couple of season for that argument to be taken seriously.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I've watched both since they were young and always felt KT was a better allround LB and had a higher ceiling, but at the same time I really don't think anyone can say that with much conviction anymore with Robertson going on to win the EC and EPL, especially since at the same time KT was going through a bad 2 year injury spell.

Tierney needs to keep doing what he's doing for a couple of season for that argument to be taken seriously.
Agreed. I think he could be as well.

Of the things that Robertson is better than him at, he isn’t miles better. KT could catch him if things go well.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Yes, I thought that even when KT was still at Celtic, Callum is a top top player, very un-scottish in his skillset.

I would agree that KT and Robbo are much closer to being the best in their position than McGregor is due to the amount of talent that plays at cm, but overall McGregor is best Scottish player for me, a complete midfielder with a workrate and attitude like KT's, he's the player all the other guys at Celtic regard as the best even when KT was still here.

I'm fairly certain you's will find out how good he is soon enough coz I think our team is about to be dismantled and I expect Callum to end up in the EPL.
So why are rangers beating u with so much talent

Hooplehead

So why are rangers beating u with so much talent
I think you misunderstand me, I'm not talking about the talent at Celtic, I'm saying that even though I regard McGregor as a better overall player than KT, KT is much closer to being the best in his position than Callum is.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I think you misunderstand me, I'm not talking about the talent at Celtic, I'm saying that even though I regard McGregor as a better overall player than KT, KT is much closer to being the best in his position than Callum is.

I know it was tongue in cheek and more of an opportunity to highlight how far rangers are ahead for the first time in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom