• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I still remember the rumou thread. Sign Junior Firpo for 25m instead. 25m for a guy from a farmers league. Some want to get on any mistake to vindicate their own bias. Makes me grateful there were no message boards when Ian Wright played.

Arsenal4life14

The reason a lot of players struggle with Tierney is because hes so unpredictable. Hes not scared to go inside, Go outside, Take you on, His crosses always have variation on them. Hes not gifted that technically but hes such a smart player. Were lucky to have him right now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s actually got the powerful running and crossing down already. So, so good.

If he improves his play when coming infield then he legit becomes one of the best in the world. That’s crazy.

Hooplehead

There's no cover for him apart from AMN. Could do well with a breather
I though he looked knackered from about 70 minutes, think his play became a bit untidy, but even when he's struggling he still seem to have the acceleration to go past a man and put in dangerous crosses.

It's his direct no nonsense style that I love, he just does the simple yet important stuff really well, he might have caught Robertson on the chances created list from that game alone.

Hooplehead

I remember playing PES 2011 player mode, if you did a fake shot/pass the computer would always buy it and you could constantly get passed your man doing that...Tierney somehow does this is real life, what a ****ing man :lol:

Can't believe people think he isn't as good as Robertson going forward, baffles me tbh.
I think Robertson probably has better link up play, but in terms of beating a man and delivering a cross I give the edge to KT.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Time for a new contract? :lol:
Arguably yes. 2 years into a 5 year deal. At Celtic he was on I'd say 15k. He had a contact and then signed a new extended deal and 15k would put him top earners at Celtic. Rumour has it he trebled his salary. He is more valuable thane thr 25m we paid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
6 key passes today he was so good. He becoming our important player in squad like Saka a captaincy not really far next season

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He was the MOTM for me today, surprised Emile snagged that. Tierney has been absolute mustard for the past month, might end up being our player of the season if he keeps this up. Solid as a rock defensively and has been so dangerous going forward. He's been eating up his opposing RB as well. Just an absolute ****ing machine, please make him captain.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Still only 23 years old. We could be sorted for the next 7/8 years. We probably won't be but I can dream.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Going to break down soon from overplaying

He's been great and we really need him so dunno when you rest him.

We need a back up LB

baccy_man

Established Member
With K.T. E.R.S. Partey and SAKA. we have the nucleus of our team for a few years to come, We need to get some players to help to build the team up we need to get rid of the players that are plodding along and slowing our play.
I forgot to mention Martinelli.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Solid, strong, pacy, head up, intelligent. I like that he varies his play and crosses too. I smiled at the pass in to space from Xhaka that he tried to work with Pepe last week. It's great that he's dependable and unpredictable at the same time. I still want to rest him a bit because he was so fragile last season.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Either one of Tierney or Arteta has poor decision making.

Just watch the match again:

1000 high crosses ——> Useless
1 low cross/cutback——>Assist

So why do we keep spamming useless high crosses into the box?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Either one of Tierney or Arteta has poor decision making.

Just watch the match again:

1000 high crosses ——> Useless
1 low cross/cutback——>Assist

So why do we keep spamming useless high crosses into the box?
Yeah I think he should cross less. He’s got a great cross on him but it’s pointless at the frequency/height we’re doing it .

At the end of the day the strikers need to get better at attacking them but he should turn a couple of those crosses into cutbacks and a few others into coming infield or something. Pretty easy adjustment to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom