<

Kieran Tierney: Tierney Henry

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by bingobob, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

And he started playing RW too apparently

2. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

They were playing with their joysticks

3. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Already has antibodies. He's the next step in human evolution. Always knew that would come out of Scotland.

American_Gooner, roz and Gooner Zig like this.
  4. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Really hope he is available for City, no reason he should not be allowed to play. That being said him missing three games for Scotland was a good thing considering his injury record, good break for him.

5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Three negative tests. One more negative test on Friday and he needs to play, would literally make no sense to make him self isolate.

bingobob likes this.
  6. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

City paying the Scottish FA now?

7. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

Was one of our few players with urgency and had good moments, but yeah he got skinned a couple of times tbh. Was a bit uncomfortable to watch.

8. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Gets beat way too easily, this isn't the first time I've seen him getting roasted.. Both fullbacks were awful.

9. Emeryates

Emeryates Heccy Regret

Rinsed by Cancel whatever

Kevin Keegan likes this.
  10. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Tierney needs to work on his defending. Skillful players are getting the better of him. Starting to become a bit frequent.

I remember him saying that he couldn’t keep up with Martinelli in training. I can now see why.

11. TromsoGooner

He didn`t say that, he was he was very impressed by the way Martinelli never stopped running up and down the wing, not that he couldn`t deal with him.

12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Maybe not but I read between the lines. He spoke about how Martinelli was in training and that he found it “mindblowing”. Can only mean that Martinelli was getting the better of him when playing against each other in training. (Did Tierney injure Martinelli? I wonder).
    We see how he’a fared in our last 2 big games against Salah, Mane and now Mahrez and Cancelo, and we can clearly see that he’s struggling against tricky players.

13. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Great "complete" left back but a decent at best wing back. He's awkward in this hybrid role. Wish we could just play 4 at the back and have him as LB.

American_Gooner likes this.
  14. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Tierney was comfortably the best player on the pitch for us today. Some odd takes in here.

15. TromsoGooner

Saka was better but I also thought Tierney was decent

Geofranco and sdotzdot like this.
  16. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Tierney and Saka were the only two giys providing us woth any threat going forward.

Mahrez and Cancelo and got the better of him one each. Apart from that Tietney was solid defensively.

blaze_of_glory and TakeChillPill like this.
  17. Troopz

Troopz Established Member

We need him to become more aggressive with his pressing similar to what Robertson does which is why I’d prefer him as a LB/LWB rather than a LCB. The one time he pressed aggressively in City’s half it created a key chance for Saka.

bingobob and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  18. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

It's just a tiny bit easier to press aggressively with Van Dijk and Fabinho covering than Luiz and Xhaka no? Maybe he will be able to with Partey and Gabriel but Robertson absolutely has the easier job based on who is around him.

19. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

There some shaky moment definitely need to improve 1 v 1 situation he easily getting beaten at times

20. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Atrocious attacking, solid defender though.

I've had a feeling from the youtube clips that he is much better going forward