<

Kieran Tierney: Tierney Henry

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by bingobob, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

He’s pretty much kick and run which isn’t end of the world as he’s a fullback. Has a good cross on him as well.

I rate him more defensively, City’s wingers are class so there will always be awkward moments.

Trilly and Geofranco like this.
  2. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

One awkward moment but he didn't lunge in. Did well pressing aggressively which he needs to do more often.

3. Macho

Macho Not Here For The Athletic's BS Trusted

I know you guys wanna pretend that you didn’t see it, but I did post Bellerin skanking, it’s only fair I post Tierney as well.

:shivering:

Had a hard time with a Mahrez too. Hopefully the upcoming fixtures will be kinder to him - Liverpool then City is rough.

4. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

He got lucky there.

But think some of the comments against him are hard. Not so long ago he was excellent against both City and Liverpool, keeping Salah in his pocket. He played against City after being in isolation so potentially little to no training.

Not one I'm worried about.

DasBootist likes this.
  5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Fantastic in the first half and robbed of an assist by Lacazette. Needs to be a LB in a four and get on the ball often.

6. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

in contention to be our best player, in terms of the absolute shift he puts in every game

I absolutely adore him

bingobob likes this.
  7. Check

Check Active Member

Another decent performance from him but I think he needs to improve on the ball a bit more. Saka made a few good runs in behind, especially in the first 15 minutes after the break and Tierney didn't pass it to him. It is a more risky pass than sideways, but that's how you create chances in the end.

8. bingobob

bingobob A-M’s Resident Hunskelper Trusted

Risk reward. He played Saka and Aubameyang in twice and neither pass came off. Understandable he may be more cautious after that.

Bar a dodgy header he had a solid performance.

9. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Top top player, not even close to his prime

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Good work from Tierney. Had a couple poor forward passes but I think that will improve.

Taylor Gang Gunners and bingobob like this.
  11. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

It’s easy to forget he’s still young, considering how long he’s been around for. He’ll continue to develop into a world class LB.

Solid again today. Few stray passes but defensively didn’t put a foot wrong and I love his understanding with Saka.

Oxeki, Riou and El Duderino like this.
  12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Skinned Wan-Bissaka in the first half. You don't see that happen often.

13. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers Trusted

Just hope he stays fit. We really need him this season.

14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

Crazy how he and Gabriel are still defensive babies really. Already first names on team sheet

lufere7 likes this.
  15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Had a poor game today I thought. Not without a lack of effort but just seemed a little bit spooked as with the rest of the team. Lacked composure in possession and defensively.

mpower2540, Macho and sdotzdot like this.
  16. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Kind of reminds me of Flamini.

Runs around like headless chicken...no imagination.

Ainsley Maitland Niles would be better at left back.

Once we get a centerforward that is an aerial threat, then Tierney might be effective.

17. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

I'll be honest.. I don't see what others are seeing in him. Hasn't shown he's better than Monreal yet for me, let alone being world class.

18. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Absolutely clueless on the ball, which is a shame because he has a great cross. Everything else from passing, moving forward with the ball, and understanding the attacking game is on League 1 standard.
    A very good defender who can't play attacking football but he can cross the ball, I wonder how should any manager use that

19. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Ex-Arsenal Fan

If we had a striker that could head the ball he'd look so much better. Pin point crossing.

Jae likes this.
  20. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

**** me there's some horrendous knee jerk reactions on here tonight :lol: he's been one of the best players in the team since he signed for us. Had a bad game, it happens.

The state of this forum at times. Sickening.

NieThePiet, Zazu, tcahill and 3 others like this.