• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he was a bit poor last night. Got ripped a few times by the Wolves wingers. Needs a serious kick up the backside cos I’m starting to see teams attack us on the left hand side more often.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Congrats to our new Club Captain (If Laca goes in the summer). Good game.

Also, as I mentioned in the Xhaka thread, you better ****ing break that curse or I'll get violent
(on that armband).

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think if he become captain it'll be obvious choice shouldn't be given to best player Liverpool captain is Jordan Henderson but he top leader and all Liverpool players respect him and not challenge him. Tierney is still young but with big experience and he have this British players old school leadership.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Can't believe Madrid are interested in him at the moment.To me what he is shown is that he is a bit too limited for the likes of Madrid

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Now he's back to being a week in week out starter he's the clear choice of captain for next season.

It's not about being the best player in the side it's about having the right mentality, having some leadership qualities and being respected by your team mates and manager.

I think KT ticks all those boxes.

Real can do one too unless they want to pay silly money for a LB. £60m+.

Don't understand why they aren't interested in Tavares as his 2 good games showed he's the better player anyway :rolleyes:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Now he's back to being a week in week out starter he's the clear choice of captain for next season.

It's not about being the best player in the side it's about having the right mentality, having some leadership qualities and being respected by your team mates and manager.

I think KT ticks all those boxes.

Real can do one too unless they want to pay silly money for a LB. £60m+.

Don't understand why they aren't interested in Tavares as his 2 good games showed he's the better player anyway :rolleyes:
Does he have the right mentality or leadership qualities? To me, he comes across as a quite figure, both on and off the pitch.

Not only that, but his performances haven't really merited the (C). He's been very inconsistent this season. Probably the weakest of the back 4.

LittleMo

Does he have the right mentality or leadership qualities? To me, he comes across as a quite figure, both on and off the pitch.

Not only that, but his performances haven't really merited the (C). He's been very inconsistent this season. Probably the weakest of the back 4.
Well he was captain at Celtic for a longtime, in Europe as well. He’s also been captain for Scotland in the past, so it’s not just Arteta who thinks he does have the right mentality or leadership qualities.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I just dont like his attitude on kicking the ball out of play instead of trying to use technique and guile to keep the ball in play. He has nothing on Nacho Monreal...levels below.

Unfortunately, technique can not be taught and we need to adjust our play on left side to play on his strengths...not weakneasses

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's the logical choice tbh. Not the one I necessarily agree with, mind. He's very disciplined. He buys into what Arteta wants. He's vocal. But I'm not a fan of full backs being captains tbh.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'll say it again. Nobody should care who our Captain is. At the moment we have multiple individual players leading on the pitch like Ramsdale, Xhaka. Tierney and Odeegard. So, that side's covered anyway and better than it has been in years.

The Captain's Armband just needs to be on a starter that's drama free. I'd rather have it on Ramsdale for that reason, but your mileage may vary.

I've truly had it after Auba. It's been exhausting for more than a decade and I can't fathom why some fans seem to crave this insanity.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Still don't think we have all that much viable captaincy choices for next season. Wouldn't be gutted with Tierney as he clearly loves playing for us but I'd say Gabriel looks the biggest stand out. I think he's our leader on the pitch.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'll say it again. Nobody should care who our Captain is. At the moment we have multiple individual players leading on the pitch like Ramsdale, Xhaka. Tierney and Odeegard. So, that side's covered anyway and better than it has been in years.

The Captain's Armband just needs to be on a starter that's drama free. I'd rather have it on Ramsdale for that reason, but your mileage may vary.

I've truly had it after Auba. It's been exhausting for more than a decade and I can't fathom why some fans seem to crave this insanity.

The captaincy role is traditionally a bigger thing in the UK than most of Europe.

We don't just give it to the guy with the most amount of appearances or whoever's drama free. It's why the Xhaka armband stuff was a big deal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Love Tierney.

But the thought of him playing for Real Madrid, does make me laugh :lol:

Wouldn't mind him as captain, but see him more as a vice captain, kinda guy...would have the likes of Ramsdale or Gabriel ahead of him though.

An outside bet for me, is Ødegaard...carries himself very well, and is the heartbeat of our team in attack.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Him and ramsdale are the only captain candidates for me, Gabriel is too hot headed and needs to calm down first.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom