• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Trippier

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know he wants to come back to England but I can’t really see him trying to push through a move to come back to us. There’s the Sp**s connection and the fact we’re ****.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Will want a decent wage and he's getting on, but he's a quality player. If we can bin Bellerin and AMN this window bring him in. Justin next summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Don't get why he'd leave, he's first choice at a club in contention for a title. Would definitely take him though.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure this is so wise. He's getting on, and how motivated will he be? We've gotten burnt with signing 30+ aged players, will he be different?

Right back is a proper problem area, and ideally we need a solution this window. This would be short term, and potentially very expensive in terms of wages.

Are there really no other options?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Trippier/White/Gabriel/Tierney

Second half of this winda, we’re going on a transfer chaaj.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah not worth pursuing imo. Let him stay where he is.

Don’t think they really want Heccy either. Doesn’t seem fair.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Very good player, in his prime. Improves us next season for sure but it's a short term move. Given that our other signings have all been younger I could live with this one but personally would pass.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a really good defender and playing at RB he'd help White, who's relatively inexperienced, a lot. If we can offload Bellerin to AM in the process it will be our best signing this summer imo.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Would take, but it doesn't make much sense.

Our defence is young so we could really do with him, but I could see the same fanbase frothing at the mouth to get him out should he slow down.

Can't see why he would leave Athletico right now.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would take, but it doesn't make much sense.

Our defence is young so we could really do with him, but I could see the same fanbase frothing at the mouth to get him out should he slow down.

Can't see why he would leave Athletico right now.

Wants to return to England apparently. Probably seeking a last decent pay day as well.

Kysus

With the market as it is my preferred option. The few young RB's on the market are not really much better than Chambers/AMN(right now)

Trippier for 3 years while we bed in a young talent is the perfect solution, we need some experience in the backline anyway.
Win/win/win.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

The problem you have is our position means we have gotta give him the big bag if we actually want him, no other reason he'd join.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Expensive but should slot right in for a season or two. Cedric makes this feel worse than it is.

I said it before, but if we have Willian, Runnarson, Torreira, Kola, Elneny, Cedric & Chambers out then we'd be able to make a signing like this and it doesn't look too bad.

blrgooner

Established Member
With the market as it is my preferred option. The few young RB's on the market are not really much better than Chambers/AMN(right now)

Trippier for 3 years while we bed in a young talent is the perfect solution, we need some experience in the backline anyway.
Win/win/win.
Agree. RB needs fixing and there are not too many options. I would take Trippier for sure. How much would he cost though?

Pyres7

I would have taken him in his prime no question, but he's 31 in a month and probably wont have the legs to keep running up and down the wing in the PL for long. We'll be looking for a replacement before we know it.

This a throwaway season anyway, it's not like he's going to make the difference between finishing top four or not. We don't really need a stop gap.

I'd rather go for the same profile of players we've been targeting - young and hungry.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure he would be willing to join the rivals of Sp**s, that would mean his legacy of zero trophies with them would be tarnished...

You can still be a quality player when over 30, but it never seems to happen for players playing for Arsenal these days :lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not sure he would be willing to join the rivals of Sp**s, that would mean his legacy of zero trophies with them would be tarnished...

You can still be a quality player when over 30, but it never seems to happen for players playing for Arsenal these days :lol:

You sure?

Premier League Football GIF by BT Sport

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom