• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We already have better players on our bench than Reus. Mbappe looks the real deal though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I remember seeing him in one of the youth tournaments this summer and thinking he was going to be very good. I didn't expect him to be this good, this early. He's been even better than Martial was at this stage. I think we should take any opportunity that arises regarding this guy. As good as I think our own homegrown talents are and can be, the only one that could reach his level in a short time frame is Reiss Nelson, and he's probably not going to get the game time to do so just yet. Mbappe has been afforded such and has shone as a result. We could really do with a direct threat like Mbappe, especially from the left side.
We rarely sign the best wonderkids anymore but I feel like we could get this kid. Wenger has openly praised him and he did the same with Kante who he tried to buy.

Chelsea are set, City have Jesus Iheanacho and Aguero and United are going all out for Griezemann.

I know we need established world class players but I've honestly given up on signing such players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If clubs think he is the next Henry, then Ronaldo and Messi aside, clubs are thinking he's potentially better than anything they've currently got.

No chance we sign him. We couldn't get Martial, and he had 20% of the Mbappe hype.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When you say "new Henry" and the player actually looks like it, that's 60M just to talk to Monaco.

Thats even before you face a challenge from City, Chelsea, Real, Barca etc.

Sanogo, Flamini, Squllaci, Giroud, Coquelin... Only Koscielny I rate out of latest France players Wenger has served us with.

It would be lovely to have some elite France players with us again.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Why? Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi, Sanchez and Özil is as good as what most clubs have signed in recent years. We are getting there slowly, should target 2 top attackers next summer.
I feel like Xhaka Mustafa are top players who can become world class. Sanchez, Cech and Özil were the result of the stars aligning if you think about it. I don't doubt Wenger's ability to attract top players but we just can't compete with the the money on offer.

I'm backing Wenger to get this kid, it's been a while since we brought in a worldie level prospect. I need to try and watch him though, the hype around him reminds me of the days when Hazard and Goethe were ripping up their leagues.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This forum had me convinced Mata was a done deal, I remember immediately thinking that the signing meant either Cesc would be convinced to stay or at least Nasri. In the end Mata went to Chelsea, Cesc went to Barca, Nasri went to City and we went for Yossi Beneyoun. Dark times.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Just watched a little vid of him.

Seems just as explosive as the Ox, less power but a little bit quicker. Also seems a bit trickier on the ball and the stats say that he's more of a goalscorer.

Can't really comment on anything else until actually watching him play.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How do you even measure something like that. :rolleyes:
He mentioned that Mbappe is a CF already, while Thierry was still on the wing at that age. Not to mention he's the youngest player to play and score for Monaco, youngest in 12 years to score a Ligue 1 hat trick, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom