• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimus

Would take at least 40-50m but he is worth it. Especially if we lose Alexis/Özil we should be all over him and Reus.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think you're right, Messi is incredible and it might be the nostalgia talking but I still think R9 was better.
He had everything, Henry's pace and power, Messi's dribbling, Ronaldinho's skills.

And just to remind myself I'm remembering correctly, as I was young:

some of this shít should be illegal.
His injuries were an absolute tragedy to the game of football. He is my hero and will always be my favorite player of all time. I think he had more in his locker than Messi but his prime was ravaged by injury and there were actual central defenders roaming the pitch back then.

Malky

Established Member
In what way? Messi is the greatest ever, in every aspect.
Ronaldo dominated every league he played in, Serie A, La Liga and Eredivisie. Unstoppable goal scoring machine, back when football had proper defenders, like i said, Serie A was considered the toughest league in the world, with some of the best defenses, and Ronaldo tore through them. He was also the main force for the Brazilian national team, a team full of world class players but he was always centre stage and always delivered.
Messi has amazing dribbling ability and an outstanding touch but Ronaldo had that along with pure strength, force and explosive speed. He was basically untouchable at times.
If you rate Messi higher then that's your opinion and I respect that, but between the two I would pick Ronaldo every time.
What Ronaldo achieved in the game with 3 serious knee injuries and obvious weight problems is incredible. No one can deny that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would take at least 40-50m but he is worth it. Especially if we lose Alexis/Özil we should be all over him and Reus.

You don't want to be signing kids for that much if you're also losing Sanchez or Özil.

Sanchez is off, and a potential Wenger departure leaves us without Özil too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You don't want to be signing kids for that much if you're also losing Sanchez or Özil.

Sanchez is off, and a potential Wenger departure leaves us without Özil too.

I think a Wenger departure and Sanchez would worry Stan about top 4. Can see him dropping cash everywhere.

I think a Wenger departure and Sanchez would worry Stan about top 4. Can see him dropping cash everywhere.

Is Stan that into the sport? Can't imagine him even caring about us finish in bottom half of the table...

Congratz on the trusted status mate! Well deserved. Means it wont be long until I get it too!

GDeep™

League is very weak

I'm not sure, our history, the last 10 years, the Kroenke takeover, all screams "safe", and that won't ever change I suspect.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Stan that into the sport? Can't imagine him even caring about us finish in bottom half of the table...

Congratz on the trusted status mate! Well deserved. Means it wont be long until I get it too!

I'm not sure, our history, the last 10 years, the Kroenke takeover, all screams "safe", and that won't ever change I suspect.

Yeah I agree with both of you as regards ambition but I think top 4 is his ultimate goal and Wenger leaving puts that into complete flux.

As long as Wenger stays I'd guarantee we'll get top 4. This year two of Guardiola, Mourinho, Pochettino and Klopp are finishing with no CL football.

Next year with a new manager even with the pedigree of someone like Aleggri isn't a sure thing. I can see an initial spend then nothing for a while.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Stan may be a **** but he's not an idiot. When Wenger leaves with potentially Sanchez and Özil we could easily end up as the new Liverpool but without the massive fanbase.

Arsenal are his (biggest?) investment, so while he'll never push for us to win the league he's not going to standby and watch his cash cow lose value. I think he'll do what it takes to maintain top four.

Anyway back to this Mbappe kid. No idea how good he is but if we can't sign world class players we absolutely have to sign players who can become world class...otherwise we won't be winning anything anytime soon.

Stan may be a **** but he's not an idiot. When Wenger leaves with potentially Sanchez and Özil we could easily end up as the new Liverpool but without the massive fanbase.

Arsenal are his (biggest?) investment, so while he'll never push for us to win the league he's not going to standby and watch his cash cow lose value. I think he'll do what it takes to maintain top four.

No worries there... CL spot may be big part of the value of the club but we have the biggest cash reserve in Europe. Kroenke could pay him self a huge profit before selling the club...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No worries there... CL spot may be big part of the value of the club but we have the biggest cash reserve in Europe. Kroenke could pay him self a huge profit before selling the club...
I'm not sure he's allowed to do that...

he doesn't own the club outright or does he? I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not interested, a kid isn't going to improve us. We have money so we should be aiming for the PEA, Reus' and James' of this world. Chelsea bought Hazard as European champions, Juve Dyballa as multi time league champions and Barca bought Neymar as arguably the best club team ever seen. We aren't in a position to be buying projects.

Man U bought Martial and... yep 5th place finish.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not interested, a kid isn't going to improve us. We have money so we should be aiming for the PEA, Reus' and James' of this world. Chelsea bought Hazard as European champions, Juve Dyballa as multi time league champions and Barca bought Neymar as arguably the best club team ever seen. We aren't in a position to be buying projects.

Man U bought Martial and... yep 5th place finish.

Good post. Don't know what club these lot think they are supporting, we can't afford expensive kids.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well, Arsenal can afford anything, but you know what I mean, we can't spend 50M on Mbappe and then another 120M on senior talent. Other clubs can.

Mbappe will be a bomb, "new Henry" by Wenger adds 30M on top of wherever Monaco would've wanted.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think it's the time that we can't afford to spend. We need players who are going to impact straight away, this French kid doesn't make us title or European threat.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Ronaldo dominated every league he played in, Serie A, La Liga and Eredivisie. Unstoppable goal scoring machine, back when football had proper defenders, like i said, Serie A was considered the toughest league in the world, with some of the best defenses, and Ronaldo tore through them. He was also the main force for the Brazilian national team, a team full of world class players but he was always centre stage and always delivered.
Messi has amazing dribbling ability and an outstanding touch but Ronaldo had that along with pure strength, force and explosive speed. He was basically untouchable at times.
If you rate Messi higher then that's your opinion and I respect that, but between the two I would pick Ronaldo every time.
What Ronaldo achieved in the game with 3 serious knee injuries and obvious weight problems is incredible. No one can deny that.

Noone is denying it.

Messis collection of matchwinning moments far exceeds ronaldo9s. You seem to have forgotten Messi's countless domestic, title-challenging winners in his career.

Messi has been the star man in 3 CL winning campaigns, and has dominated a league to a standard never seen before for a decade. He's been the scorer, thr controller and the creator mixed into one. He's a one off and the undisputed best ever.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Noone is denying it.

Messis collection of matchwinning moments far exceeds ronaldo9s. You seem to have forgotten Messi's countless domestic, title-challenging winners in his career.

Messi has been the star man in 3 CL winning campaigns, and has dominated a league to a standard never seen before for a decade. He's been the scorer, thr controller and the creator mixed into one. He's a one off and the undisputed best ever.

Unless I've missed Messi completely f*cking both his knees and missing over two and a half of his peak years then these sort of comparisons are meaningless.
Add to that Messi was just a part of arguably the greatest team ever whilst Ronaldo was single handedly carrying ordinary teams, of course he's going to have less team honours.
Despite this enormous handicap Ronaldo is the second highest ever goalscorer at World Cups (f*cking Klose, someone should have kneecapped him when he got to 14) with 15 compared to Messi's 5.
He also has a World Cup win (if we're listing team trophies why exclude the biggest one?) ,would have been a decent chance of two as well if he hadn't suffered a fit, plus two Copa Americas.
I'll leave you to google the tournament victories Messi has carried Argentina to.

I'm old enough to have seen alot of Ronaldo pre injury and alot of Messi and in my opinion Ronaldo was better, throwing around Messi's statistics and Barcelona's honours won't alter that opinion.

I don't think people quite grasp how incredible it was to come back from those injuries (just to come back was an achievement) and top score at World Cups, go to Real Madrid for £36m (at a time when John Stones would have cost about 250k) and play to the level he did.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

??? Our fanbase is every bit as big as Liverpool's, if not bigger.

Don't know why that holds any relevance though, we sell-out every time and are huge all around the world.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
Unless I've missed Messi completely f*cking both his knees and missing over two and a half of his peak years then these sort of comparisons are meaningless.
Add to that Messi was just a part of arguably the greatest team ever whilst Ronaldo was single handedly carrying ordinary teams, of course he's going to have less team honours.
Despite this enormous handicap Ronaldo is the second highest ever goalscorer at World Cups (f*cking Klose, someone should have kneecapped him when he got to 14) with 15 compared to Messi's 5.
He also has a World Cup win (if we're listing team trophies why exclude the biggest one?) ,would have been a decent chance of two as well if he hadn't suffered a fit, plus two Copa Americas.
I'll leave you to google the tournament victories Messi has carried Argentina to.

I'm old enough to have seen alot of Ronaldo pre injury and alot of Messi and in my opinion Ronaldo was better, throwing around Messi's statistics and Barcelona's honours won't alter that opinion.

I don't think people quite grasp how incredible it was to come back from those injuries (just to come back was an achievement) and top score at World Cups, go to Real Madrid for £36m (at a time when John Stones would have cost about 250k) and play to the level he did.

It really is unbelievable just how much qualitu Messi puts into a game of football. He can fulfill the duties of a controller, playmaker, dribbler, and finisher all in the same game, sometimes even in the same move. We'll never see anything like him ever again. Ronaldo was unbelievable, my favourite ever #9, but Messi is everything. Clearly a level above but if you have a personal preference as to what you rate as the best ever, then there's no debate to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom