• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
And a very limited player! I want a 30+ goals limited player then! If that put us in the career! You know, Giroud never score more than 20, or Welbeck more than 15
have you actually watched him play?people these days....nobody wants him & for valid reasons.... go watch him play & don't just watch youtube compilations

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
have you actually watched him play?people these days....nobody wants him & for valid reasons.... go watch him play & don't just watch youtube compilations
You do not want him. A lot do. You are the perfect scout then! You have the very truth and everybody are wrong cuz you found him, very limited player! Gratz sir!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Time to put a cap on this rubbish. Greed in football is spiralling out of control. Fact that so many have to resort to streams because media outlets have priced them out is alarming as is.
This. I'm a 20 year old student, I started uni this year but before that I never had Sky or BT because I am the only avid watcher in the household and my mum didnt wanna splash that crazy money on me for something she doesnt get. Sky + BT is a joke, a disgrace how much we have to pay. So instead I have to watch it on streams which we well know is **** and is behind all ur friends texting the group chat about our goal lol

I never thought of it that way, or questioned the price much but thats actually quite disgusting, charging the fans so much money to follow a game they love, considering the abundance of money in football there is they should really respect the fans more, football shouldnt be a 100% business orientated industry, there needs to somewhat be some compassion there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Madrid matching that ridiculous price after signing the Flamengo kid for a huge fee as well. We are so far from competing head to head in the market.
I saw someone on this forum say earlier that since the board has given Wenger more money we have won more trophies...

I'm not questioning the improvement on winning things in recent years, but I dont understand how people can make that conclusion that we spend more or 'compete' with clubs. In the years before and after RVP left we would spend like 30-40m net (sometimes less due to departures) , chelsea and city were spending 80-120m at times maybe more.

We just reached that amount recently (and barely), but City and United are spending 200-300m now it seems. Basically top players have gone from being 40m to 80m in a few seasons, so relatively we havent changed. We were actually extremely lucky to have got Sanchez and Özil at that time, for a combined 77m before the market exploded. If we hadent let their contracts run down Sanchez would be worth that alone now.

blaise

Before Özil Arsenal net spend was around 0 for years. In the same time Chelsea and Pool spent 300-350m (not yearly,think it was 10 period time) , United even more, that is approximately from my head, dont think I am too wrong. We went to around 40 per year with Özil until last summer and new tv money.

BIoodBrother

I said he is better at being what walcott is....o_O
that would be: not forgetting the ball on his way, strength and 30goals difference. I'll take it for 60mil, but you guys realise that others will call us delussional with no CL at our hands. He will only move for crazy wages or CL(winning chances as well) surely

-still talking Aubameyang for some reason.
Mbappe on the other hand could be convinced if Wenger would go on holidays with him, talk about philosophy amd life and tell him that he's young and would be No1 Striker, preparing for the WC next year with us

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
lol i love how this thread has so many pages even though we literally have had no links with the guy.

we're just following other teams' interest through here.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
lol i love how this thread has so many pages even though we literally have had no links with the guy.

I totally give you that we are way off since he took the world by storm and clubs are throwing 100-130 million at him, but this was one of the rather logical threads to begin with.

Wenger was PERSONALLY in his home talking to his family and made an offer and took effort last year. Further Wenger was anomalously clear that we are still interested and are keeping tabs on his progress just 2 months back.

Nobody's saying this is a likely to happen, but at least there is like a thousand times more background than with most rumours out there :p

Besides, although "the next XY" is such idiocy, one cannot help but feel he is an reincarnation of our beloved hero Thierry Henry and for that alone deserves that thread and time :drool:

blaise

I really believe we have a chance with Mbappe himself and that Wenger can convince him but how the hell will we convince Monaco, cant see us going over 85m

GDeep™

League is very weak
I really believe we have a chance with Mbappe himself and that Wenger can convince him but how the hell will we convince Monaco, cant see us going over 85m
There are clubs who would probably pay 100-120M for him.

Our best hope was him having a low key season and Wenger sweeping in with a big offer.

Oh well.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Özil thread was sustained with just a Mirror link. ;)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Yeh I think we have a good chance with him. He wont necessarily be going to the highest bidder. He's already made it clear he wants regular football and his family with him, including his brother getting a chance.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Not expecting him to leave this summer. He'll probably have another decent season then a World Cup showing and Monaco will cash in big next summer.

blaise

Think Wenger would definetely go 85, Mbappe is that top,top quality he keeps talking, maybe with sales we could offer 100, we ll see.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not expecting him to leave this summer. He'll probably have another decent season then a World Cup showing and Monaco will cash in big next summer.

Agreed. The smart people around him will be telling him to pipe down and make sure he can repeat that form in season 2 to get into the world cup squad. A strong showing there and he'll have even bigger and better options.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Ugh. **** me. I wasn't that overly hyped about Mbappé until some minutes ago. Hadn't seen enough of him as I haven'the seen that much of Monaco, so just a few highlights and such. Now I just watched a few videos here and there and read about him and what he's said to media.

I'm in love. And will get my heart broken soon enough when he either changes to some other club or the window shuts and he is still at Monaco. He is like the girl you've been eyeing for months, waiting for the right moment to talk her up. You finally find the bravery to do so, and then she tells you she is moving to another country to get married to her uncle. Devastation pending.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Monaco would be playing a dangerous if they're planning on cashing in next season. Unless football goes absousletly crazy, then is his value really going to increase that much?

Hold out for 70-90M with a further 30-40M in add ons then sell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom