• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga 2013-2014

GDeep™

League is very weak
I used to watch Atletico before Simeone, and they were a ****ing mess, we score three you score four type of team, just incredible watching them now.

I wonder how long a small squad can deliver what Simeone demands, it's very intense, fear for them next season. Beyond that, you wonder if Simeone is suited to doing 2/3 years and moving on.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Europa League, Super Cup, Copa Del Rey, La Liga and possibly CL in less than 3 years with Atletico. That demands enormous respect. Unlikely that he'll move now, but when he does it's hard to not envisage him being successful.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The biggest fear as an Atletico fan is that Simeone will tire of working miracles with what he has, we are in essence a selling club, there's a huge amount of debt that we have, not as bad as the other 17 clubs but still not great.

When we keep selling our best players year on year it will eventually become too much of a tall order, I've never seen Atleti win anything much before Simeone but like most fans I'll take a little golden period. I'd imagine Simeone will probably get called on by Juventus or maybe even a Chelsea at some point, he deserves a club where players won't get constantly sold from under him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Stevez said:
Barcelona don't waste time do they. So far today Messi has signed a new contract, they have brought in a new manager in Luis Enrique, confirmed Deulofeu is going back to Barca and confirmed Ter Stegen is joining them. That's how you do business.
Give it a rest, how many trophies have they won this season? :wink:

Mastadon

Established Member
What a huge achievement from Simeone. Anyone who can win La Liga ahead of Madrid and Barca without oil money deserves all the credit in the world. He cracked 2 of the best teams in the world with a fraction of their resources. Without even mentioning the champions league final they are in! Manager of the year no competition. Simply fantastic can't praise him enough for what he has done with Atletico.

Iceman10

Established Member
Agree, with a small squad also, which caught up with them to an extent over the last few weeks. Team spirit was something special to see them through adversity.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

All sorts of rumours flying around that Enrique is going to dispense with Tiki Taka and play a more open style.

Rumours flying around about certain players already, Pogba, Muller, Koke etc. Could be a couple of dominant years at the top for Real.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tika taka but with a physical edge, apparently. Traditional CBs, power in midfield, fullbacks who can get up and down - like Juan Fran at Atletico, strikers arriving.

Interesting, considering Wenger has done away with that physical edge in our teams.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It will be really interesting to see what happens with the latest La Masia class, the likes of Sergi Roberto and Bartra, Roberto especially has been earmarked as Xavi's heir.

Can't really see them buying many midfielders, they've already got Halilovic signed and I really doubt Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi will all leave.

trunks206

Established Member
Stevez said:
Barcelona don't waste time do they. So far today Messi has signed a new contract, they have brought in a new manager in Luis Enrique, confirmed Deulofeu is going back to Barca and confirmed Ter Stegen is joining them. That's how you do business.

The decisiveness of their moves are motivated by their postponement of their transfer ban, no? They need to get a manager in early, and get him building his squad, or risk not being able to bring anyone in later.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is a sad story of a small town club in the Basque Region of Spain called Eibar who got promoted, may be kicked out of La Liga due to their financial situation..... and not because their in debt either, they're free of debt, the reason they could get kicked out is because they do not have a capital value in shares of 2,146,525, instead have just over 400,000. Essentially they could be punished for living within their means and running a club properly.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/1658?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/lalig ... 58?cc=5739</a>

Sums up everything wrong with modern football.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tir Na Nog said:
This is a sad story of a small town club in the Basque Region of Spain called Eibar who got promoted, may be kicked out of La Liga due to their financial situation..... and not because their in debt either, they're free of debt, the reason they could get kicked out is because they do not have a capital value in shares of 2,146,525, instead have just over 400,000. Essentially they could be punished for living within their means and running a club properly.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/1658?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/lalig ... 58?cc=5739</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sums up everything wrong with modern football.

what the ... that's so sick and wrong. They won promotion to La Liga but instead they will be relegated to segunda B cause they don't have the capital average of the rest of the league (who are in debt)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
They won't be relegated, that article is a couple of weeks old. Their promotion to the Primera isn't secure by any means but it's quite likely, read a couple of interviews with people related to the club and they are optimistic.

Wouterus

The share issue seems similar to Real Oviedo a while ago except Eibar aren't going bankrupt. Apparently almost half of the needed capital has already been raised. Probably not the best but certainly an easy way to raise equity. The people buying those shares don't care about profits, they just want to call themselves a club owner.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.defiendealeibar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.defiendealeibar.com/</a>

GOONER1991

Established Member
Name that you don't see players seeing their career out at clubs anymore. They all go outside of Europe to milk a few more years out of their careers.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
GOONER1991 said:
Name that you don't see players seeing their career out at clubs anymore. They all go outside of Europe to milk a few more years out of their careers.

Loyalty works both ways people tend to forget. I'm guessing that Barca wanted to get rid.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, almost certainly the case with Xavi, the latter stated a lot of times that he wouldn't even leave if the club wanted to get rid, seemed genuine about it and makes sense for someone who's won everything there is to win.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom