• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga Thread

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
League over in February.

Only England and Germany are still close, while in Germany it's pretty sure that it will be Bayern.

NieThePiet

If we win our game in hand there's the same gap between us and City and Barca-Real.
of course from the points, but overall we weren't even qualificated for the CL in the last years while City won the league every year.

While Barca won the most of the titles in the last years and Madrid just a few. So I would say that we are still the underdogs compared to Barca.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If you just read the news you’d think Barca are dusted in mid table but they’re having an incredible season, more points than us, and scoring beautiful goals. And they have loads of amazing young players.

They just need to avoid financial ruin and they’ll be fine.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Barcelona only conceded 7 goals in league this season? Wow xavi is cooking something he gonna definitely knock manutd out from europa

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If you just read the news you’d think Barca are dusted in mid table but they’re having an incredible season, more points than us, and scoring beautiful goals. And they have loads of amazing young players.

They'll keep being the Barcelona we knew they consistently have strong seasons it's just like you said if they keep messing around financially it might ruin them.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

It's actually impressive they manage to consistently be in trouble because any CEO/DoF with half a brain would have them competing for the CL every year. Everyone wants to play for them, they have massive commercial and TV revenue and their academy is producing guys like Fati Pedri Gavi and now Balde for fun.

Xavi has them competing again but looking at the salaries they pay and signings they make overall they have by far the worst club management in Europe.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think they've been that impressive in all honesty. Don't get me wrong they're certainly going the right direction and the structure has Xavi has for them has been the biggest positive for them. I can't see them being CL contenders anytime soon tho, I think they've got issues which need addressing in defence and attack (don't think they should be relying on an aging Lewandowski). I'd fancy our chances if we came up against them in the EL should they get past United and I'm not even convinced of that.

Guys like Gavi and Pedri are a massive bonus for them, I think De Jong might make the 6 spot his own now with Busquets injured and likely leaving in the summer.

I think La Liga is very poor now I hate to say as its always been a league I think has been very strong. And it's a bad look when quality coaches like Emery and Lopetegui are leaving Europe contenders for teams mid or lower table in the PL. Real are having a hangover from last season, Atletico have gone incredibly stale. I think it's a pretty poor league this season.

They're such a weird side in terms of transfer policy too because as much as they promote their youth and go for young stars they also fill their squad with aging ones too that they'll have to replace.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I don't think they've been that impressive in all honesty. Don't get me wrong they're certainly going the right direction and the structure has Xavi has for them has been the biggest positive for them. I can't see them being CL contenders anytime soon tho, I think they've got issues which need addressing in defence and attack (don't think they should be relying on an aging Lewandowski). I'd fancy our chances if we came up against them in the EL should they get past United and I'm not even convinced of that.

Guys like Gavi and Pedri are a massive bonus for them, I think De Jong might make the 6 spot his own now with Busquets injured and likely leaving in the summer.

I think La Liga is very poor now I hate to say as its always been a league I think has been very strong. And it's a bad look when quality coaches like Emery and Lopetegui are leaving Europe contenders for teams mid or lower table in the PL. Real are having a hangover from last season, Atletico have gone incredibly stale. I think it's a pretty poor league this season.

They're such a weird side in terms of transfer policy too because as much as they promote their youth and go for young stars they also fill their squad with aging ones too that they'll have to replace.
Agree La Liga is struggling a bit this year. Not sure you can blame the league for the ridiculous spending power England has though, nonsense clubs like Forest signing world class goalies, Chelsea outspending the rest of Europe combined etc

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's such a shame that Barca are resurgent at the same time as we start to recover and excel. As a real mega club, you'd think the allure of playing for them would outweigh getting a massive salary. They've been pretty daft off the field for years.

Tom Mix

It's a much bigger scandal than even the above tweet claims. Thought to be over 7 million euros paid to this guy over 17 year period and he threatened them with "telling everything" if they didn't continue paying him.

At one point Barcelona went through more than two years of football without a penalty being given against them! Coincidence I guess.

I foresee big trouble for them. Relegation? Whackloads of points deducted? This and the financial crisis could well do for them.

Still if they're chucked out they can join City. Perhaps Madrid and Juventus can get chucked out too and they can have their dream super league and play each other for ever and ever.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Watching Real Madrid Vs A.Madrid been extremely boring the only fun is Semione jumping around

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Never understood why La Liga put their best matches (about half a dozen a season) at like 4/5/6pm in the afternoon. Literally the one period of time at the weekend when no one is in the bar to watch it.

Really need to start putting those matches on around 7/8pm.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Nobody going to talk about Griezmann hair? The guy how old is now? 30? And he dry his hair pink ffs.

NieThePiet

Never understood why La Liga put their best matches (about half a dozen a season) at like 4/5/6pm in the afternoon. Literally the one period of time at the weekend when no one is in the bar to watch it.

Really need to start putting those matches on around 7/8pm.
hasn't England their best games on a similar too and Saturday and Sunday?
In Germany the same time like the Derby is the match of the week too.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
hasn't England their best games on a similar too and Saturday and Sunday?
In Germany the same time like the Derby is the match of the week too.
Yes but go to a bar in England on a Saturday at 5pm and it's full of football fans drinking for the match.

Go to a bar in Spain outside of Madrid/Barcelona and its literally dead between 3pm-7pm.

I live in Spain and its one of my pet hates that sometimes they have El Classico at like 4pm on a Sunday. No atmosphere in the bars at all.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
A.Madrid such masters of fooling the ref with fouls. Madrid not looking close to what they were at Anfield

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom