• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal ready to move for Lorient centre-back Laurent Koscielny this week

Arsenal could move for Lorient centre-back Laurent Koscielny within the week.

French sources claim that the Gunners are gearing up to make their move on the 24-year-old, who has become an integral part of Lorient’s back four this season.

The Ligue 1 outfit are thought to be reluctant to part with their star defender, who has made 35 league appearances this season, but a bid in the region of £8million would be too much to resist.

Arsène Wenger has previously stated that he wants the majority of his transfer dealing concluded before the World Cup, and with doubt still hanging over the futures of Sol Campbell and William Gallas, an official move for Koscielny may just be days away.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/EuroSpy-transfer-news-Arsenal-ready-to-move-for-Lorient-centre-back-Laurent-Koscielny-this-week-article439457.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Eu ... 39457.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Laurent Koscielny, the central defender from FC Lorient, would appear on the shelves of Arsenal. The Gunners could make concrete progress on the issue of the former Tourangeau, who is also courted by the LOSC.

Just like his teammate and forward Kevin Gameiro Laurent Koscielny (24 years), the central defender from FC Lorient, could well be one of the leaders of the next transfer market. Followed by the biggest French stables, former Tourangeau would also courted by Arsenal, who would very much appreciate his profile. The Gunners could soon decided to make concrete progress on the case.

Tenured at thirty-five times this season in the league, Laurent Koscielny has emerged as one of the strongmen of the device Christian Gourcuff, Lorient coach. He should be called to fill the void left by the departure of his captain Sylvain Marchal evolve next season at AS Saint-Etienne. But after signing Marouane Chamakh who is committed for the next four seasons, the London club could continue to do her shopping in the championship of France (editor's note Stéphane Mbia Marseille, Bordeaux Yoann Gourcuff, the Frenchman Loic Remy and Rennes Sylvain Marveaux also be tracked).

But the former Tourangeau has already been asked by the LOSC that would have made in vain for a first offer of five million euros. The Hake did not respond because they are not officially sellers. But negotiations are still ongoing. Arsenal will have to chopping quickly or miss a step. It is unclear how the club Lorient on deaf ears where the offer of between seven and ten million euros, although negotiations have begun on a possible extension (and upgrading) of the contract.
Translated from: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lorient/article_419631_l1-lorient-Arsenal-lorgne-Koscielny.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/l ... elny.shtml</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
According to Wiki; Koscielny is 6ft 1", and he's French, but is also eligible to play for Poland due to his Polish roots.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Oooooooow new link. It's getting as fun as receiving a text message from some random number post a heavy nite out.

Couple of key questions...

How tall is he?
What's his height?
Would you call him lofty?

Edit. Ah Gurj, come back with something taller will ya

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Some pics of our mystery man:

loSL_1852831_1_px_490__w_ouestfrance_.jpg

t-EAte_Laurent_Koscielny.jpg

This is going to be the one!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised, Anthony.

Dules, I'll do my best.

Lets just get Kjaer and be done with it!

Rorz

Established Member
This reminds me of last summer and all the cries of "Thomas who?" (As well as more arguing over height ;) ) Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is the CB we buy. Just as long as he turns out the same as our favourite Belgian...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
^^Perhaps. I'm just waiting for someone who watches French football to give us an idea of him as a player.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
At least Vermaelen was an international who regularly played in the Champions League. We need a top defender with some sort of experience in Europe to replace Gallas.

RammiXP

This has Wenger signing all over it!

Underwhelming as always. Ah well lets see what happens.

Rorz

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
At least Vermaelen was an international who regularly played in the Champions League. We need a top defender with some sort of experience in Europe to replace Gallas.

The last time Ajax played in the CL was 2005, are you sure Vermaelen was playing for them at that time?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Apparently this is the guy who scored the opening goal for Lorient in the french cup final againt Bordeaux this year. Only to later on foul a certain Chamakh in the penalty area and getting himself sent off on a straight red.

I googled around a bit and it seems like he's highly rated within Lorient. Christian Gourcuff (yeah, it's Yoann Gourcuff's dad) seems to be reluctant to get rid of him, but I bet he'd rather sell to Arsenal than to Monaco or PSG.

I don't know exactly why, but this strikes me as a pretty credible rumour. Probably not as a starter next season, but I can see us signing him out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom