• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
No, they paid 60 million euros in 2015 for Martial. We paid something like 80 million euros in 2019 for Pepe, in many instalments.

That transfer fee is pretty even considering how prices have risen. Martial is 6 months younger.

Martial's best season was last year, a point per ~115 minutes. That's a bit better than overall Auba & Laca average (about 5-10 minutes better but only in one season).

Martial's average according to Transfermarkt is about a point per 137 minutes, but Transfermarkt always has some more assists, so I'd take ~5 assists away from him (can't bother to check, United fans can do that), so it's something like average a point per ~145 minutes. This is while he has been playing on the wing & attacker, similar to Auba, who has something like a point per ~120 minutes average.

So currently both transfers (Martial & Pepe) are not looking very good.

Martial's wages are ~250k pounds per week. Pepe's are ~105k pounds per week. Both have contracts end at the same time.

So if Pepe keeps his current form and trajectory after an adjustment period to EPL (That's 1,5 years. Martial has had enough time already, so many years. This season a point per ~242 minutes), I have zero problems with Pepe compared to Martial deal.

Seems pretty cheap looking at those wages. Imagine what Martial will demand if he succeeds before a renewal. Pepe can't demand nearly that much even if he succeeds.

To be fair for Martial, it’s 57.6m pounds but with 3 clauses and only 1 clause activated while the other two have expired.

Score 25 goals in next four years £7.2 million (activated)
Earn 25 France caps in next four years £7.2 million (expired in end 2019)
Win Ballon d'Or before June 2019 £7.2 million (expired)

So only cost 43m pounds which like 48m euro.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

OGS came out & looked a bit stupid when he was saying to his players on the sideline we can't defend but they couldn't even score a goal with 4 of our top players out :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Last season he was top striker but he’s been poor this season, not clinical enough, missing easy chances, never turn up when needed, when underperforming show zero work rate to try cover the poor performance, can’t dribble anymore & hold up play which supposed to be his strength doesn’t look good anymore. Declining probably.

Good thing we have Cavani, he offers so much more, world class work rate, world class movement and still a technical striker. He will start against arsenal 100%. Still a top top striker when fit. I just wish he’s younger than 33/34 years old.

Surely he should be getting better instead of declining at 25?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...are United fans just doing to Bruno, what Arsenal fans do when one of our players is an option in an online poll?

With that being said...how did we lose this :lol:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

...are United fans just doing to Bruno, what Arsenal fans do when one of our players is an option in an online poll?

With that being said...how did we lose this :lol:
I genuinely don't know if Fernandes is better than Auba, I think Auba even amongst Arsenal fans is underrated.

In terms of impact though, Fernandes is a shout admittedly. Imagine Arshavin's impact except extended :lol:

A lot of spoilt Man U fans actually think spending 50 mil on Fernandes and him working out like this is normal though.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I genuinely don't know if Fernandes is better than Auba, I think Auba even amongst Arsenal fans is underrated.

In terms of impact though, Fernandes is a shout admittedly. Imagine Arshavin's impact except extended :lol:

A lot of spoilt Man U fans actually think spending 50 mil on Fernandes and him working out like this is normal though.

Even then Van Djik is still clear ahead of him. Actually got Liverpool the consistency to win Champions League + League.

In comparison Fernandes has done **** all against big opposition.

Riou

Love the story from **** Law...they were in a hotel room trying to get the Arshavin transfer completed, while in the next room Andrey was playing FIFA with Law's son and he asked the kid to move Arshavin to the Arsenal team in the game :lol:

It's Vidic or Van Dijk...Virgil probably had the most impact for his team, but Nemanja had more longevity...edge to VVD for me.

Nothing will top getting Reyes for me, was so excited when that transfer happened.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Even then Van Djik is still clear ahead of him. Actually got Liverpool the consistency to win Champions League + League.

In comparison Fernandes has done **** all against big opposition.
Yeah probably is Van Djik, I'm indifferent to that poll tbh.

Also think being MOTM against big opposition is ridiculously overrated and not a good way to judge a player. The bigger the player you are, the more plans better teams will have for you.

Xhaka for example had his head on a swivel monitoring Fernandes all match long against UTD for example. Partey was visibly less effective as Man U swarmed him regularly as well remembering his MOTM performance against them in the reverse.

Henry was regularly criticised for not showing up against big teams and it's not coincidence certain lesser rated players tend to be big game players, i.e Lacazette or Ramsey.

All that said, I think Fernandes is a fine player. Bit of a knob on the pitch however.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nothing will top getting Reyes for me, was so excited when that transfer happened.
Sometimes the excitement and the optimism a transfer brings almost makes it worth it.

I didn't know Reyes when he came I kinda shrugged it off. Arshavin was massive though he looked amazing in the Euros.

Özil was amazing as well he was one of my favourite players prior to joining and never imagined him joining Arsenal. I underestimated big Wengz pull at the time.

Riou

I always hated the "Henry doesn't show up in games" ****...my (United) friends said this to me all the time, even though I provided them with evidence the proved it wasn't true.

The scoring in the finals thing always made me laugh too...I will take Thierry being top scorer in an Invincible league winning season, over him scoring in the league cup final ffs :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I always hated the "Henry doesn't show up in games" ****...my (United) friends said this to me all the time, even though I provided them with evidence the proved it wasn't true.

The scoring in the finals thing always made ma laugh too...I will take Thierry being top scorer in an Invincible league winning season, over him scoring in the league cup final ffs :lol:
Massive agreement. I was just trying to explain it is harder for big players to shine in big matches or against big teams as they are a big talking point in the tactics.

This isn't hard facts just a theory of mine.

Henry's record in finals can be debated but his goals against big teams was never too shabby to be honest. At least he got you to the finals.

Last edited:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ole has come out to the press crying about refs after 1 bad decision vs Sheffield - the irony in this.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom