• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

No point going on a platform like Twitter which is not policed and crying about abuse. Stay off it.

What is wrong with you? :lol:

Imagine being a 23 year old doing your job and using Twitter like over half the planet does but being in the 1% that receives disgusting racist abuse and you have idiots like you saying he's 'crying' over it. And you know what he probably is crying over it because it must be absolutely awful to receive stuff like that but you wouldn't know at all what it's like.

Also he's allowed to use Twitter like everyone else and he's certainly allowed to kick off when he gets comments like he has ffs and he deserves every inch of support he's getting.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mod Edit:
Wise up !!!
Do better bro. Idiots in all sections of society, followed up by it weren't coming from white folks though. One of the most contradictory posts I've ever read, get it in order ffs. This is full blown Manberg posting right here. Embarrassing really.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nurture > Nature

Nobody is born a racist. Education and social upbringing are the biggest contributers to a person becoming racist.

London by and large is racially tolerant because children here grow up with children of all cultures. Proud 2 be a Londoner

I think this is a good point. The Zaha racism incident was mental. Got sickening abuse the day he played Villa in his Insta DMs and it turned out the perpetrator was a 10 year old.

Where is a 10 year old learning these things? It’s grim but I think these incidents on Social Media can show how severe a problem it still is. It’s just now that we as a society have now given instant voices to all these people.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What is up with Martial? Man Utd fans go from praising him and talking about how amazing he is to saying he’s lazy and crap. I remember him destroying Arsenal when he played for Monaco and I thought he’d be elite by now.

Last edited:

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
What is up with Martial? Man Utd fans go from praises him and talking about how amazing he is to saying he’s lazy and crap. I remember him destroying Arsenal when he played for Monaco and I thought he’d be elite by now.

Last season he was top striker but he’s been poor this season, not clinical enough, missing easy chances, never turn up when needed, when underperforming show zero work rate to try cover the poor performance, can’t dribble anymore & hold up play which supposed to be his strength doesn’t look good anymore. Declining probably.

Good thing we have Cavani, he offers so much more, world class work rate, world class movement and still a technical striker. He will start against arsenal 100%. Still a top top striker when fit. I just wish he’s younger than 33/34 years old.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What is up with Martial? Man Utd fans go from praises him and talking about how amazing he is to saying he’s lazy and crap. I remember him destroying Arsenal when he played for Monaco and I thought he’d be elite by now.

At this point it has to be attitude and application, I just don't think he has that desire to improve himself. Ole essentially built the team around him as a 9 and he's just failed constantly. He'll never score enough, be aggressive enough or work hard enough to be an effective 9 in the modern game. He has sauce tho so he'll always have his legions of fanboys.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EtARBweXcAQlLb7

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So he's their Pepe?

No, they paid 60 million euros in 2015 for Martial. We paid something like 80 million euros in 2019 for Pepe, in many instalments.

That transfer fee is pretty even considering how prices have risen. Martial is 6 months younger.

Martial's best season was last year, a point per ~115 minutes. That's a bit better than overall Auba & Laca average (about 5-10 minutes better but only in one season).

Martial's average according to Transfermarkt is about a point per 137 minutes, but Transfermarkt always has some more assists, so I'd take ~5 assists away from him (can't bother to check, United fans can do that), so it's something like average a point per ~145 minutes. This is while he has been playing on the wing & attacker, similar to Auba, who has something like a point per ~120 minutes average.

So currently both transfers (Martial & Pepe) are not looking very good.

Martial's wages are ~250k pounds per week. Pepe's are ~105k pounds per week. Both have contracts end at the same time.

So if Pepe keeps his current form and trajectory after an adjustment period to EPL (That's 1,5 years. Martial has had enough time already, so many years. This season a point per ~242 minutes), I have zero problems with Pepe compared to Martial deal.

Seems pretty cheap looking at those wages. Imagine what Martial will demand if he succeeds before a renewal. Pepe can't demand nearly that much even if he succeeds.

Last edited:

drippin

Ole: "Bruno Fernandes is a winner."

Keane: "Well, go out and win things then."

:lol:

Hahahah!

I just checked, but Bruno has played all the EPL games, with average of ~83 minutes per game.

No one is a machine that can do this kind of strain for long periods of time without it affecting performances. My United pal laughed at my "curse" for Bruno when I brought this concern up.

I really wonder how they don't rotate, or how they don't get a rotation/backup (like we did with Ødegaard).

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Hahahah!

I just checked, but Bruno has played all the EPL games, with average of ~83 minutes per game.

No one is a machine that can do this kind of strain for long periods of time without it affecting performances. My United pal laughed at my "curse" for Bruno when I brought this concern up.

I really wonder how they don't rotate, or how they don't get a rotation/backup (like we did with Ødegaard).

Yeah his output overall is fantastic, I think all of our front 3 is just in horrible form at the same time which makes it even harder for Bruno. Usually when one wasn't in form another would step up but we don't look anywhere close at the moment. I understand he isn't immune to criticism but he's a big reason we are where we are.

As for the backup, it's supposed to be Donny van de Beek but the quality difference when Bruno isn't playing is ridiculously different. Genuinely think we'd be lower-table by the performances I've seen when we've tried resting him.

drippin

Yeah his output overall is fantastic, I think all of our front 3 is just in horrible form at the same time which makes it even harder for Bruno. Usually when one wasn't in form another would step up but we don't look anywhere close at the moment. I understand he isn't immune to criticism but he's a big reason we are where we are.

As for the backup, it's supposed to be Donny van de Beek but the quality difference when Bruno isn't playing is ridiculously different. Genuinely think we'd be lower-table by the performances I've seen when we've tried resting him.

Yeah, it's no wonder Ole has played him so much. He has been great. I just don't like his vibe, and I'm pretty sure he will come down somewhat after this year. Years are not always the same, and when on top, you gotta stay humble.

He was nasty to Xhaka (retribution to earlier conflict) in last game and got away without the clear yellow for example. Even Oliver is **** referee, but a bit better than most EPL referees. And he doesn't do enough defensive work and is a complainer. (He has the points to do this thus far, a bit like Özil earlier here.)

But he was a great buy. Van de Beek for the AMF role doesn't bring enough like you say, and I think Ole would have played him if so. It's weird you don't have a proper rotation player, and risk Bruno getting ran down or injured.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom