• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Avram Glazer’s £250k trip to watch Women’s FA Cup final​

David Ornstein
May 22, 2023

Avram Glazer has attended two cup finals involving Manchester United this season, a rare sight of the club’s co-owner being visibly involved. But his visits to England have not come without significant cost, writes Laurie Whitwell.

When Glazer flew in for United’s Carabao Cup final against Newcastle in February, via private jet, the price put down in the accounts was £250,000. He travelled the same luxurious way to the women’s FA Cup final last weekend, with the club footing the quarter-of-a-million bill again. It is understood security and accommodation were additional fees.

Glazer

Glazer (right) watched United alongside Prince William at Wembley (Photo: Marc Atkins/Getty Images)

Glazer lives in Tampa, Florida, so requires an eight-hour flight to London, but even in the context of private jets, his journey was at the very top end. Footballers often hire their own for holidays at a price of around £50,000.

The high price of Glazer’s trip for the women’s game at Wembley, when Chelsea beat United 1-0, is in stark contrast to the running costs of Marc Skinner’s team.

United generated a revenue of £5.3m for 2021-22, which, with a 40 per cent soft salary cap, means they could spend up to £2.1m on player salaries. In the latest accounts, “other expenses” was put at £563,000.

Glazer watched the women’s FA Cup final with his daughter Libby and the pair walked through the mixed zone after the game. Glazer refused to answer a question from a journalist about how long the proposed sale of Manchester United would take.

Glazer’s trip to Qatar for the World Cup, when he took his family, came at an even higher travel cost than his visits to England. Again, it was paid for by United as a business expense.

I can see why the rich stay rich and the Utd fans hate the Glazers.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

@ExtjExhtts told me only Teta makes excuses, not ETH
So 100m for a fidget spinner, 60m for a midget CB, and putting Casemiro on what I'm sure are huge wages are things that paupers do. They spent more money than we did and finished nowhere near us. Absolute f*cking clown that man. Just contemptable in every way.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Superb season and the things to keep improving upon are so obvious it's scary.

They were unlucky to have their defenders injured against Sevilla, or else they would have reached 3 finals on their first season with the Ronaldo drama for a part of it.

It was like watching our process fast tracked with a lot less money and with some charity donation to ETH's old club as the cherry on top.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again this guy do complain alot only Chelsea spent more even after our January signings our total didn't even touch 200M.

Maybe using 100m on Antony better?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still he did very good job first season after heavy spending you'd expect minimum they finish top 4. Crapao trophy is meaningless fa cup however is different if they beat man city it'll be big success going to next season

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

They were unlucky to have their defenders injured against Sevilla, or else they would have reached 3 finals on their first season with the Ronaldo drama for a part of it.

It was like watching our process fast tracked with a lot less money and with some charity donation to ETH's old club as the cherry on top.
Weird how Areta won a more prestigious trophy inside of 6 months spending basically nothing and still has never had a window where he bought a 100m player, 60m player and Casemiro only to have one of the worst away records in the entire league. The s*cking Seven Hag off on this forum is so bizarre.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Yeah they get the right CF and midfielder people will have to take them serious.

Had it not been for the 7 nil I’d have given ETH more praise as he’s had a lot to deal with and did all this with an imbalanced squad.

I can’t see them beating City, but if they did and won the FA Cup they would have undoubtedly had a better season than Arsenal and a better start to their process.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Love this patience and vision for what Ten Hag is doing with United, despite there not being clear enough progress in United's growth as a side, some hit and miss investments, and a lot of hot and cold performances.

If only this type of vision could be applied elsewhere.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Weird how Areta won a more prestigious trophy inside of 6 months spending basically nothing and still has never had a window where he bought a 100m player, 60m player and Casemiro only to have one of the worst away records in the entire league. The s*cking Seven Hag off on this forum is so bizarre.
Personally I think the guy is a clown. He’s shown nothing to me to suggest that he’s capable of maintaining a serious challenge to Pep in the way that Klopp was, with significantly more cash to splash. De Zerbi, Arteta and Unai to name just three would would be significant upgrades on the bald eagle. Admittedly it’s difficult to beat a city team which is now buying players made of a composite of hyperalloy and million pound notes.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom