• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Interested to see ETH bring that quick combination football that we saw at Ajax. United will improve under him if he gets to sign more players, as he creates quality football.

The real question for me is how he compares to Pep, Klopp, Arteta, De Zerbi, Howe, Emery, Frank and probably Potchettino when he gets going. Ten Hag hasnt shown me enough to suggest he can be a cut above these guys.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Interested to see ETH bring that quick combination football that we saw at Ajax. United will improve under him if he gets to sign more players, as he creates quality football.

The real question for me is how he compares to Pep, Klopp, Arteta, De Zerbi, Howe, Emery, Frank and probably Potchettino when he gets going. Ten Hag hasnt shown me enough to suggest he can be a cut above these guys.

To be fair, Arteta wouldn't have been on that list until this season either. For a first season it's looking fairly solid.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Ole going full yer da

Need Ole in this AM thread...

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Ole going full yer da

Part of management is being able to adapt to changes in culture though, it's not like Ole is an old guy.

I'm not overly keen on preening and pampered players ( and we've had our share) but that's just the way of football now. No point in him complaining about it. If he couldn't motivate or get the best out of his players, that's on him. He spent enough money anyway.

He's just a bvm manager.

• Applause
Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Malacia and Antony are absolute dogsh*t so him signing more players is no guarantee of improvement. Martinez was turned inside out at Anfield as well, the jury is still out on him IMO. As far as how he compares to the rest of those managers, he's worse than all of them except maybe Potch.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
To be fair, Arteta wouldn't have been on that list until this season either. For a first season it's looking fairly solid.

I’d say the opposite, Arteta has been showing elite level management since 2021/22 already. The signs were clear and people dismissed our season because we failed to make top 4.

As for ETH’s first season, I’d say it’s identical to Arteta’s minus the potential top 4 finish. Similar counter attacking football and patterns starting to emerge in your play.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ole going full yer da

The thing middle aged people always seem to forget is that the previous generation said the same thing about them :lol:

Guarantee you the likes of Joe Jordan and Sammy McIlroy said that Beckham and co wouldn’t have been able to survive in their Utd team 20 years before.

And guess what, in 20 years time Bruno and De Gea will say the same thing about the next generation.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The thing middle aged people always seem to forget is that the previous generation said the same thing about them :lol:

Guarantee you the likes of Joe Jordan and Sammy McIlroy said that Beckham and co wouldn’t have been able to survive in their Utd team 20 years before.

And guess what, in 20 years time Bruno and De Gea will say the same thing about the next generation.
Was about to post something similar. Souness said his era was the best in the 70’s/80’s, everything went soft after that.

Bet Stevie G will say this era is softer than his day etc.

Ole talking about fighting, the world has moved on. Would argue players have a different pressure today with social media, TV scrutiny etc.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
So, we finish fourth and win a cup (maybe two if City don’t turn up in the final) and Arsenal finish second without silverware, we’ve had a better season? @SA Gunner

All in Ten Hag’s first season in England as well.

We’re on the right path, IF the glazers sell this summer we’re laughing.

Haphazard

So, we finish fourth and win a cup (maybe two if City don’t turn up in the final) and Arsenal finish second without silverware, we’ve had a better season? @SA Gunner

All in Ten Hag’s first season in England as well.

We’re on the right path, IF the glazers sell this summer we’re laughing.
Depends on the FA cup , I honestly don't count the caraboa as anything amazing, however if you win the FA cup and finish 4th it's been a much better season than last years for sure.

Arsenal's objective was to qualify for the CL but found themselves in a title race against a financially doped side with a terminator striker and world's greatest manager.

However I don't see ETH or Arteta ever competing with Pep even if they both had the same financial resources, you can't replicate his experience and expertise.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I never understood how you can literally live in a country for several years and not pick up the language.

Just stinks of laziness. I felt the same when Paulista was here for like 3 years and couldn't string a word together. I couldn't imagine migrating to spain/france/italy and not being dedicated to learning the language. Definitely no excuse when your income is millions upon millions.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I never understood how you can literally live in a country for several years and not pick up the language.

Just stinks of laziness. I felt the same when Paulista was here for like 3 years and couldn't string a word together. I couldn't imagine migrating to spain/france/italy and not being dedicated to learning the language. Definitely no excuse when your income is millions upon millions.

If you’re speaking about Martial, he does speak a lot of English but is very shy/uncomfortable with interviews so speaks in his native tongue.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom