• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Even if you win Europa?

Tongue in cheek. Overall, I think he should get another season but if he fails to progress us next season then he should suffer the same fate.

I don't think he can be blamed that the majority of our squad is average, it was like that before he got here but I don't think I'll be able to take another season of this **** if we are in the Europa league again. If he cannot fix things within the next major transfer window he's done.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Tongue in cheek. I think he should get another season but if he fails to progress us next season then he should suffer the same fate.

I don't think he can be blamed that the majority of our squad is average, it was like that before he got here. If he cannot fix things within the next major transfer window he's done.

FWIW, I think you'd be in title contention next year. Growing pains this year but a lot of the pieces are in place. A more settled Pogba, Bailly, a more experienced Rashford etc. You have a ton of depth which can be key for a successful title run + continental football.

You know you'll spend big in the summer. A couple of key additions and I don't see why you're not in with a shout. You have the stature and means to bring in the big names.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Tongue in cheek. Overall, I think he should get another season but if he fails to progress us next season then he should suffer the same fate.

I don't think he can be blamed that the majority of our squad is average, it was like that before he got here but I don't think I'll be able to take another season of this **** if we are in the Europa league again. If he cannot fix things within the next major transfer window he's done.
He spent a lot of money last summer strengthening the squad.

Ewarwoowar

Yes I got that, Jose's usually a second season wonder anyhow, with another injection from the transfer market, you gotta be there or there abouts.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
FWIW, I think you'd be in title contention next year. Growing pains this year but a lot of the pieces are in place. A more settled Pogba, Bailly, a more experienced Rashford etc. You have a ton of depth which can be key for a successful title run + continental football.

You know you'll spend big in the summer. A couple of key additions and I don't see why you're not in with a shout. You have the stature and means to bring in the big names.
IMO its still a tricky situation and not a straight forward summer for them. I think it looks a deep squad from the outside but to me they need major surgery to increase the quality of the starting line up as well as get rid of unwanted players. They have to get the window very very right or else its going to be another tough season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Utd will be in a title chase next year, no doubt. But, if they fall short in the league and Europe, while playing this style and spending heavy, is Mourinho worth it? I'm not sure.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
IMO its still a tricky situation and not a straight forward summer for them. I think it looks a deep squad from the outside but to me they need major surgery to increase the quality of the starting line up as well as get rid of unwanted players. They have to get the window very very right or else its going to be another tough season.

That's what I meant though. There's some obvious garbage in the squad, especially among the starters, but their squad also has great talent.

Say what you want about Mourinho but he's very capable of identifying what's needed and getting it.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That's what I meant though. There's some obvious garbage in the squad, especially among the starters, but their squad also has great talent.

Say what you want about Mourinho but he's very capable of identifying what's needed and getting it.
Yeah but the market also will dictate whether he'll be able to get whats necessary and getting rid of unwanted players is pretty important.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Utd will be in a title chase next year, no doubt. But, if they fall short in the league and Europe, while playing this style and spending heavy, is Mourinho worth it? I'm not sure.
Mourinho had a settled Chelsea side, no injuries and worth over £400m and took them down to the bottom of the Prem and got sacked.

He then took over the richest team in the world and spent a fortune, and unlike Conte who succeeded in his first year, bombed down to Moyes/LVG level . . below Wenger again.

He's just recently been beaten by a Poch and Wenger and plays mind numbingly boring football . . . . yet there's still some people on here bigging him up :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Mourinho had a settled Chelsea side, no injuries and worth over £400m and took them down to the bottom of the Prem and got sacked.

He then took over the richest team in the world and spent a fortune, and unlike Conte who succeeded in his first year, bombed down to Moyes/LVG level . . below Wenger again.

He's just recently been beaten by a Poch and Wenger and plays mind numbingly boring football . . . . yet there's still some people on here bigging him up :lol:

Because he historically does the business in his 2nd season. How is that weird? No one has said he's outrageously good or anything. Just simply stating the fact that they'll likely be in the title race next season if you look at Mou's history.

Not sure why you're trying to start something when there's nothing here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Because he historically does the business in his 2nd season. How is that weird? No one has said he's outrageously good or anything. Just simply stating the fact that they'll likely be in the title race next season if you look at Mou's history.

Not sure why you're trying to start something when there's nothing here.
This thread's called Let's laugh at United.

He's no better than Moyes and was given an open cheque book :lol::lol:

£650m and they're finishing 6th. :lol:

The football has been duller than LVG :lol:

We ended their 25 game run of parking the bus :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
It's very telling that Mourinho brought in 4 players in the summer, and 3 of them have arguably been the 3 best player for them in Pogba, Bailly and Zlatan. Mkhitaryan has been so-so but he's done some important things in Europe.

Mourinho knows how to find the players he needs. It's dishonest to say he's finishing 6th with a £650m squad, he didn't buy those players, the horrendous managers before him did and he's just working with what he's got. He can't buy an entire squad in one season.

Can't help but feel this schadenfreude is going to come crashing down next season when he wins the league. To easy to discredit him now when he's just laying the groundwork.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
If we win the Europa then it really matters zilch where we finish in the league, just a few weeks ago we had the chance to go into 3rd place. Of the top teams only Chelsea and Sp**s have performed in the league this season.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom