• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Uncle Good-Advice

I can't understand Neville's agenda. It's as he's looking to unsettle his club at every possible occasion. Not quite the level of bullshit of our own Merson or Stewart Robson yet but definitely much more in the spotlight than those two and therefore more damaging. Keep up the good job Gaz!

Iceman10

Established Member
The problem for United is when they leveraged their elite status and brand on the back of SAF, their sponsorship deals were massive, and 200m spend in a summer should have at least secured them getting back to top 4 level and staying there, not just the one-off coming second one season under Mourinho. Spending 150-200m during a summer window sounds a lot even now, but it isn't blowing everyone else away in the same way it would have done 4-5 years back. Now we have clubs such as Everton and Leicester City spending around 100m during the summer window.

What a fall of a massive club. They do need to sort out their key senior staff, and to get back to the top it can't just be with brute force of money now. Might even get worse because De Gea hasn't signed his new contract yet and Pogba wants out.

Iceman10

Established Member
1/ It's an endless loop until United fans see more engagement from club ownership (Glazers) to fix club structure. Some parallels with us, but we're all relatively happy mainly because of one key hire, i.e. 'Don' Raul. A general attitude to Emery here in A-M is he won't do much harm, will be a good stop-gap / caretaker at worst, and pleasantly could surprise us to be more than that. Some parallels with attitudes to Solksjaer perhaps.

2/ Even if United fix their club structure it could still be several years after that until they get back to elite level. Manchester is not as attractive as London as a 'pull' for top international talent (let alone Madrid, etc.), and when it comes to brute force of money to bring top talent to Manchester, they are now stymied by a richer club in Manchester. The 'pull' before was the glory and reputation under Ferguson, but that's all been squandered away and is already becoming a distant memory.

3/ Solksjaer. When he got carried away with himself somewhat, with the club thinking (wrongly) that he was great, a big 'pitch' was that he was the anti-Mourinho, where United would get back to the top based on a domestic core and culture (instead of being cosmopolitan). This over-compensation after Mourinho could set the club back even further. De Gea has been upset by it, and it is a direction in culture that only helps Pogba to want to leave the club even more.

Uncle Good-Advice

Manchester is not as attractive as London as a 'pull' for top international talent (let alone Madrid, etc.), and when it comes to brute force of money to bring top talent to Manchester, they are now stymied by a richer club in Manchester. The 'pull' before was the glory and reputation under Ferguson, but that's all been squandered away and is already becoming a distant memory.
True. It looks like their idea is to go for domestic talent again and hope for academy players to flourish. That's why they bought Maguire and AWB and lurking around Sancho or Kane. It might make sense on paper because British youngsters are quite successful on international stage but will require huge, huge investments and a lot of luck.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And people wonder why I refer to him as Trashford? His scoring record is pretty mediocre for the starting striker at the biggest club in England. He's not 18 anymore, it's not unreasonable to expect him to be more prolific.

And this is also why I said it was stupid for United to let Lukaku and Alexis go without trying to replace them.

Where's the pressure for Rashford? They can't drop him because they've got no one to replace him. He can put in mediocre performance after mediocre performance and it just doesn't matter because he's guaranteed to start anyways.

It's funny how Ole tries to copy Fergie for certain things, but is ignoring one of the things that made Fergie's sides so successful was their striking options. in 1999 they literally had 4 top class strikers to choose from. Even in 12/13 with Van Persie and Rooney starting their 2 subs were Hernandez and Welbeck. 2009 they had Berbatov, Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. Now United have 1 mediocre striker and Martial who's not a striker.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Nothing but facts from Keane.

Disappointed that Keane never went further. He could have mentioned Ferguson's other son (the football agent) that represented a large amount of the Utd squad until the club banned him from their deals. This was partly to do with the 'Rock of Gibraltar' scandal that (in)directly ended up with the Glazers owning Man Utd :lol:

Tir Na Nog

My favourite part of the whole thing is how uncomfortable Neville is with it all. He's not the big brave Gary Neville that we see on Sky every weekend.

Tir Na Nog

They put up the whole thing for free. Thought he came across pretty well.

This is the thing, people take a few minutes from the entire interview him and act like he's a bitter miserable old man but for most of the interview he was smiling, laughing and taking the piss. I liked the stuff he was saying about his time as assistant at Ireland and how much he enjoyed it and how he has no regrets over it. To me that doesn't come across as someone who's an incredibly bitter person. I just think the stuff with Fergie there's bitterness from both sides (as we've seen in Fergie's book) so there's some real bad blood there but in general I don't Keane goes about his life as anger as some people think he does. Even in this interview he talks about how his family life is completely separate from football, they never even came to many of his games it's a completely different world for him.

I think he's obviously very stubborn and someone who'll hold onto a grudge if he thinks you've wronged him but in general he seemed happy enough.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

This is the thing, people take a few minutes from the entire interview him and act like he's a bitter miserable old man but for most of the interview he was smiling, laughing and taking the piss. I liked the stuff he was saying about his time as assistant at Ireland and how much he enjoyed it and how he has no regrets over it. To me that doesn't come across as someone who's an incredibly bitter person. I just think the stuff with Fergie there's bitterness from both sides (as we've seen in Fergie's book) so there's some real bad blood there but in general I don't Keane goes about his life as anger as some people think he does. Even in this interview he talks about how his family life is completely separate from football, they never even came to many of his games it's a completely different world for him.

I think he's obviously very stubborn and someone who'll hold onto a grudge if he thinks you've wronged him but in general he seemed happy enough.

Fair post. If I'm honest this was probably the least bitter I've seen Keane, at least this time he had some good arguments in this interview.

Albeit he was someone that benefited from the same treatment when he got Jonny Evans on 2 back to back loans when he was Sunderland manager.

It annoys me that 2 of the biggest legends of our club cannot get a long but that's life. A clash of 2 egos and 2 serial winners.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom