• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lets rate our 2021 summer transfer window.

How do you rate our transfer business this summer?

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The window is drawing to a close it looks like we're done, bar some surprise outgoing to the turkish league.

We've spent more than anyone else in Europe and well... not much was really upgraded? Here's the ins and outs so far:

In:
Nuno Tavares - £8m
Albert Sambi Lokonga - £15m
Ben White - £50m
Martin Ødegaard - £30m
Aaron Ramsdale - £24m
Takehiro Tomiyasu - £16

Total: £143,000,000

Out:
Trae Coyle - Free
Zech Medley - Free
Mark McGuinness - Free
Dinos Mavropanos - £500k loan fee; £3m loan obligation if Stuttgart stay up, option if relegated
Daniel Ballard - Loan
Ben Sheaf - £750k
Daniel Okegoke - Free
Matt Smith - Loan
Matteo Guendouzi - Loan with obligation to buy
William Saliba - Loan
Nikolaj Moller - Loan
Deyan Iliev - Loan
Tyreece John-Jules - Loan
Harry Clarke - Loan
Tom Smith - Loan
Tolaji Bola - Undisclosed fee
Jordi Osei-Totu - Loan
Joe Willock - £25m
Lucas Torreira - Loan
Miguel Azeez - Loan
Willian - Mutual Consent
Reiss Nelson - Loan
Runnarsson the Gunnarsson - Loan

Total: £26,250,000

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We didn't improve our starting XI which is the only thing that matters so can't give it more than a 1.

Could give a **** about 2/3 years time or how many players we get rid of, or the fees in or out, couldn't give a **** about all that. All I care about is that we've no improved our team at all.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Average, tbh....5/6.

Could be one we look back on and say it was good, if the players develop.

El Duderino

For me it's a light 4/10, almost a 5 overall. We spent a lot for marginal improvements and on positions we didn't exactly need to spend in.

Think Sambi and Ødegaard were our only VERY good buys. Good price, age and skill set. The brexit boys were far too expensive for my liking, specially Ramsdale. I think we've overspent massively in positions we didn't need to.

Jury's still out on Takehiro, but being the JP Chambers doesn't really seem like what this team needs to balance its flanks.

Finaly, we've come to our transfer outgoing and fellas, this was abysmal. Only a single first team sale in Willock.

AMN, Kola and Eddie shouldn't be here for different reasons.

At least Willian has moved and Nelson got a good loan to a league where he should be able to build confidence?

oh, and *so far* no chelsea rejects for once!

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ødegaard is a major coup and I believe Ramsdale will prove to be a good signing who could challenge Leno for the starting spot if he doesn't regain his previous good form.

Loaning out of Bellerin means we won't see a player totally out his depth at this level being given game time.

However spending 50m on a CB that we don't need and failing to address our biggest weakness and bring in two starting CMs has been a disaster (especially when we sold our most talented cm in Willock is complete madness).

Jury is still out for Lokonga, the new LB and the new Japanese CB/RB.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The window is drawing to a close it looks like we're done, bar some surprise outgoing to the turkish league.

We've spent more than anyone else in Europe and well... not much was really upgraded? Here's the ins and outs so far:

In:
Nuno Tavares - £8m
Albert Sambi Lokonga - £15m
Ben White - £50m
Martin Ødegaard - £30m
Aaron Ramsdale - £24m
Takehiro Tomiyasu - £16

Total: £143,000,000

Out:
Trae Coyle - Free
Zech Medley - Free
Mark McGuinness - Free
Dinos Mavropanos - £500k loan fee; £3m loan obligation if Stuttgart stay up, option if relegated
Daniel Ballard - Loan
Ben Sheaf - £750k
Daniel Okegoke - Free
Matt Smith - Loan
Matteo Guendouzi - Loan with obligation to buy
William Saliba - Loan
Nikolaj Moller - Loan
Deyan Iliev - Loan
Tyreece John-Jules - Loan
Harry Clarke - Loan
Tom Smith - Loan
Tolaji Bola - Undisclosed fee
Jordi Osei-Totu - Loan
Joe Willock - £25m
Lucas Torreira - Loan
Miguel Azeez - Loan
Willian - Mutual Consent
Reiss Nelson - Loan
Runnarsson the Gunnarsson - Loan

Total: £26,250,000
Nice work on that list, must've taken you ages to compile all those deals.

We signed some decent talents, but not good enough. None of these players have world-class players. They can have us battling for top4 at maximum. A terrible window that will set us further behind other teams.

0.3/10

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is a high risk window in my view. We've gone young/youngish without having an experienced core of players to guide the young newcomers. We've tried to address the right back area, which has been a problem since Bellerin did his ACL. Ødegaard wants to be here, and he will be a good addition. We overpaid for White and Ramsdale, but they are young and over time it might be money well spent

For me it is a 5, but I think there is potential for more...

The Xhaka renewal for me is completely bizarre, and we really ought to have replaced him with someone....

sdotzdot

Established Member
Nuno - back up, only 8m, don’t care.

Lokonga - might be good, unnecessary signing but all for it as a second MF signing if we had brought in a top qualify starting CM. Seems to be the flavour of the month cos he can dribble a bit (I know arsenal fans rarely see this trait nowadays).

White - downgrade on Luiz for 50m, can’t help but compare to Saliba who could’ve and should have been the internal solution for free - 50m to spend in more pressing positions is no joke. Also never once did I see him play last season and thought he was anything special.

Ramsdale - insane price. Seems more comfortable on the ball than Leno but not much better to justify wasting £30m on a potential replacement to an area that was low down the list in one of our most important transfer windows ever.

Ødegaard - good price, overall no improvement on our attack since last season, which was one of our worst attacking seasons ever.

Japanese lad - replacing Chambers with Chambers for 15/20m (when AMN is sitting right there), terrible. More splashing of the cash on our defensive side when we have what I have to say is the worst attacking side I’ve ever seen at arsenal.

The lack of outgoings and Xhaka extension and him still being our starting CM solidifies this as a clear cut 0/10 window for me.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
3/10.

Tavares- I just don't rate, he will never make it here. The only upside is he's young so could turn out good, but I don't think he has the talent
Lokonga- Looks good, but has glaring weaknesses.
White- Love Island Senderos, but hope he improves
Ødegaard- We've seen what he's capable of
Ramsdale- Not sure he was priority. Leno when he regains form will be better
Tomiyasu- I said it in the deadline day thread, but he is not a great attacking fullback. He's a solid player, but backs away a lot from tackles too. Still, won't get skinned and is tall.

Underwhelming considering what we needed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

In terms of purchases for this season probably a 4/10.

For three or four years time it could be a great one. All the players look promising in their own individual right.

We’ll struggle this year and even though we’ve mainly targeted youngsters we’re really light in midfield, especially if Elneny goes.

In terms of sales it has to be a straight not good/10. We’re probably losing Laca, Nketiah and Kolasinac on frees and same with Elneny unless a Turkish club bails us out next week.

Even the Willock fee seems light. @Hunta made the point that we’ve only received cash for two players under Edu. That’s scanadalous.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Incomings we’re lacking two CMs and a ST. Would probably give it a 7/10 if we shipped out the deadwood. Most of them are still here though and the ones who’ve left have gone on loan, bar Willian who we got nothing for.

So it’s a 2/10 for me, harsh maybe but when the likes of Kolasinac and Elneny and Cedric and Nketiah are going to get game time it’s a ****ing disgrace and knocks 5 made up scoring points of the scoreboard.

El Duderino

Nice work on that list, must've taken you ages to compile all those deals.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Bloodbather

Established Member

Overpaying for White and Ramsdale ruins what could've been a very good haul of talented young players on decent deals. There's no salvaging a window where you pay 75 million for Ben White and Aaron Ramsdale when you have William Saliba out on loan and Bernd Leno already in your goal.

Pleased with the Ødegaard, Lokonga, Tomiyasu signings. Young, talented players, decent fees. Tavares is okay, I did like the fact that we went young for a backup signing.

Outgoings are a major disappointment. Willock's sale is the only good move. Saliba shouldn't have been sent on loan. We failed to cash in on players like Torreira. Renewing Xhaka's contract is an abysmal decision.

Leaning towards a 4/10, but I'm going to put some faith in our youngsters' upsides and give it a 5/10.

El Duderino

Disappointed Cedric didn't move, though. Worst RB at the club and that was with Hector on board.

Hopefully Arteta makes amends with AMN ( :lol: yeah, right) and it becomes Take/AMN than Chambers and than Cedric on the pecking order.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
6/10
If we had replaced Xhaka with Bissouma it'd be instant 9/10 imo

We didn't massively upgrade on our squad but honestly if everyone is back and fit our squad isn't bad at all. It's top 6 worthy. Problem is Xhaka and slightly Partey. Not doubting what Partey brings, he's quality but his injuries is an issue.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom