• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
No point speculating about it really as I doubt anyone knows the finer details of the agreement. It could be something like having to pay the compensation amount back or alternatively not allowing him to manage another PL club until next season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What if Levy just refuses to accept the money and waive the non compete?

I am anything but a contract lawyer but my very basic, probably incorrect read of this would be:

• Poch gets a payment after a certain amount of time of 12M
  • If he takes a job in the meantime he doesn’t receive that payment
  • We give Poch the money that he’s no longer getting from Levy
So I don’t get where negotiating with Levy comes into it. Inter Milan didn’t have to negotiate with Abramovich for Conte.

It just smells of journalist baiting.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Please, just join a fvcking Sp**s forum. This is not the right place for members of Mourinhos fanclub.

Mourinho is nothing to cry about either. Sp**s are in for a long rebuild which will be even more difficult if they miss cl this year.. Mourinho won’t succeed under those circumstances.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I am anything but a contract lawyer but my very basic, probably incorrect read of this would be:

• Poch gets a payment after a certain amount of time of 12M
  • If he takes a job in the meantime he doesn’t receive that payment
  • We give Poch the money that he’s no longer getting from Levy
So I don’t get where negotiating with Levy comes into it. Inter Milan didn’t have to negotiate with Abramovich for Conte.

It just smells of journalist baiting.
I don't think they put a clause in his compensation package, like they did with Mourinho in 2007.

Anyway, here's what the Telegraph say about this:
Arsenal and Manchester United face the daunting prospect of having to negotiate with Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy if they want to appoint Mauricio Pochettino this season.

Pochettino has been replaced by Jose Mourinho at Sp**s, but Telegraph Sport can reveal that, under the terms of his exit, the club would still be entitled to compensation from any club, at home or abroad, that attempts to appoint the Argentine before the summer.

Although Pochettino has left Tottenham, he is not a free agent and any club wishing to appoint him would have to agree a compensation package with Levy. As well as Premier League clubs, that also applies to overseas clubs such as Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Pochettino is among the names being considered by Arsenal, but, as reported by Telegraph Sport on Sunday, friends of the 47-year-old have advised him to take a break and wait for a bigger job.

Bayern are also interested in Pochettino and have a vacancy, whereas United and Real have a long-standing admiration for him but currently have permanent managers in place.

Contrary to a report over the weekend, Pochettino would not have to pay back £12.5million in compensation, if he took another Premier League job before the end of the season.

Instead, it is understood Pochettino would have to give up the money he was still due if he accepted a job at another club and that club would have to pay compensation to Tottenham if they managed to strike an agreement with Levy.

Whether or not Levy would even be prepared to negotiate with Arsenal or United during the season is not certain and Tottenham refuse to discuss the contracts of any of their past or present employees.

It is unclear how long past the end of the season Sp**s could still be entitled to compensation, but it was striking that in the statement confirming Pochettino’s departure, the club said he and his coaching staff had been ‘relieved of their duties’.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Lots of talk here about us being a has been club and not worth anything. :lol:

The delusion by some out here is spectacular to watch. I think some are in need of a reality check if they think we are deep in the doldrums with no credibility in the football market. Make no mistake, we arent at the levels we once were. But to think we are unable to attract some of the world's biggest names because of being lesser than the likes of Leicester, Sp**s and even Chelsea means you folks need to go and learn about football.

We are giants of the game, sleeping at the moment... but able to strike terror throughout the world once we are woken again.

I love your optimism. Or delusion.

Joestlaachmkr

I think we can just stop dreaming of landing Allegri, Rodgers, Ancelotti etc as our next manager, the board are simply far too stingy to attract top class managers. Freddie is going to get the job permanently after we win a few games, and next season is probably going to be even worse than what this nightmare season has been.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Ancelotti is my worse dream I think.
Allegri has good CV but whoever watched his team play would have huge concerns on him coming here.
Marcelino never impressed me at all

But I don't agree there aren't much class coaches out there. There's plenty of them, all they need is a chance, and someone to recognize them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It’s perfectly clear. In all instances, if the money is right for all parties, the contract gets overlooked.
EJzcbd-FWw-AAt-U63.jpg

Joestlaachmkr

Ancelotti is my worse dream I think.
Allegri has good CV but whoever watched his team play would have huge concerns on him coming here.
Marcelino never impressed me at all

But I don't agree there aren't much class coaches out there. There's plenty of them, all they need is a chance, and someone to recognize them.
People would have complained if we had gotten Pep, Klopp or Zidane as our manager, there is always something to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom