• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This football club is run so poorly it is unbelievable. Must as the way Pochettino was ousted and Mourinho installed with some haste left a sour taste, it was the decisive behaviour of a management that knew what they wanted and went and did it without any prevarication. We're now 3 weeks on from sacking Emery and still it seems nothing is 100% decided. In some respects I feel sorry for Arteta because unless he is some sort of genius or a magician, if he is expected to get top 4 with this squad or on a limited budget then he is being thrown to the wolves. The expectations appears to be "improve the players we have", well the expression you can't polish a turd springs to mind. If Sokratis, Mustafi or Luiz can't defend, I can't imagine there's much any coach can do to change that. One can only hope that at least he might be able to instill a bit of heart into the players but I'm sceptical on that. There doesn't seem to be much professional pride among the players, almost as if they know they'll pick up their wages regardless, and then want to move on. Ultimately the only hope is that Kroenke decides to cut and run, sooner rather than later, as there will be no improvement until this happens.
Perhaps then we'll behave like a proper football club.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm not worried to be honest. Pep and the club don't seem to be desperate to keep hold of him and if he, or Pep, thought that he was going to take over once Pep left then then he would be staying.

I'm really surprised Arsenal want him though. After the Wenger/Emery debacle you would think a safe pair of hands, like Ancelotti, would be ideal. Someone who knows the market, has won trophies and has a proven record. Arteta doesn't fit that bill one bit.

In a way, I see it that we're going to be weakening a .. 'rival'. Arteta won't be the first "number 2" to watch his boss and have ideas above his station.
Bluemoon have already reached the "he wasn't that good anyway" stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom