• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club needs to get over itself and ask Wenger to do a caretaker job for 6 months ala Henry, Lehmann, Sol, etc who also came back to help out in crisis moments.

Assuming he doesnt have other better options.
What’s in this for Wenger? Think he values himself more than some 6 month man.

I don’t think even Wenger could rescue us now, the damage and issues are too deep.

Fallout

What’s in this for Wenger? Think he values himself more than some 6 month man.

I don’t think even Wenger could rescue us now, the damage and issues are too deep.
He loves the club, and I'm not sure he has the same drive anymore in terms of committing to a long-term, high profile, pressure job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He loves the club, and I'm not sure he has the same drive anymore in terms of committing to a long-term, high profile, pressure job.
Nah. With Wenger and his level of manager, you trust them with a project or you don’t. 6 month jobs are for bums.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Enrique is a top tier manager in terms of reputation if not ability. He has already managed Barcelona to the treble. He would only sign on if guaranteed that the club was going to do its utmost to challenge over the short to medium haul. If we were ever going to do that under the current board would've just kept Wenger around. Ultimately I am sure he allowed them oust him because he knew the board were never going all out to compete and his reputation was being needlessly tarnished.

EDIT: For all those suggesting Freddie/Arteta/Howe/the latest flavour of the month, you need to understand one thing Emery isn't a bad manager, competing at this level is just that difficult. All of these managers are liable to do worse. Only a handful of managers are likely to do better. Mourinho is one of them, Enrique another. Wenger is the best of them all. He is better than Guardiola and Klopp and Zidane and any one else you can imagine. The best move is rehire Wenger. With Sp**s and Utd floundering I guuarantee Wenger would get us top 4 this season.

I see Pat Rice has discovered the Internet. Welcome to the forums, mate.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We should give it to a young coach until the end of the season. About time we promote our own.

I'd prefer Patrick or Fred or Mikel or Dennis.

Unless we can get Bielsa or Howe but those are pipe dreams.

The board has other things in mind.

We are in far worse shape than we imagined if Howe and a guy currently managing in the Championship are considered a pipe dream.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wait, so Mikel being called greasy is fair game but Emery isn't?

Bumteta does have a nice ring to it for when thigs go wrong.
I didn't tell anyone they can't call Emery that, did I? I thought it was clear it's just about his hair.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I didn't tell anyone they can't call Emery that, did I? I thought it was clear it's just about his hair.

I was a being a bit tongue in cheek, not singling you out or anything, just overall what was said in the thread.

Being serious for a second, I think it shouldn't be allowed either way since it brings more trouble than it's worth, specially for those not "in" on the joke and we'd be having the same discussion over and over.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the difference is Arteta hair is perfect Emery hair is not. but Emery won trophies arteta at the moment is just Ipad fraud.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
That no tolerance stance on racism is working isn't it? GDeep says racist things to me on a daily basis and a mod abusing it too. Sickening stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom