Life after Wenger: 2019 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

If you could choose one of the rumoured candidates, who would it be?

1. Leonardo Jardim

2. Joachim Löw

3. Mikel Arteta

4. Thierry Henry

5. Brendan Rodgers

6. Carlo Ancelotti

7. Massimiliano Allegri

1. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I'd imagine, he's going to do this to some of the players in our team. The likes of Welbeck, Iwobi, Xhaka, Mustafi etc will be chased down by LVG.
  2. Kroket

Kroket Well-Known Member Trusted

If we're going young and British Eddie Howe still seems like the most obvious candidate to me.

Starting to come around to the idea of bringing him in to replace Wenger, been impressed with the way he's handled Bournemouth's poor start to the season.

In this league we've seen many promising young managers play decent football but not many have been able to turn it around when things eventually go sour.
    Sapient Hawk likes this.
  3. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

That second gif, holy **** how've I never seen that before :lol: :lol:

In tears ffs
  4. Brown Gooner

Brown Gooner Well-Known Member

Ancelotti is another past it dinosaur. Do not want him at Arsenal!
    SingmeasongSong likes this.
  5. The Ox

The Ox Well-Known Member

mod edit : stop baiting.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Vinci

Vinci Head of the Asano Yakuza Clan

Just respect other people's opinion, whether you agree with it or not, without stooping to name-calling and what not.

Show some maturity, it's really not that hard.
  7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

If you take away his slightly pretentious personality, Brendan is actually a good coach. It's a risky appointment but if that's the profile of manager they're looking for then he should be at the top of the list.
    bingobob and Sapient Hawk like this.
  8. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

i think we could get creative and get LVG with a young coach as assistant, with a view of taking up the lead role after LVG retires, say 3-4 years. Tedesco and Hasenhuttl are interesting options, as are of Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe.
  9. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Dysche and Brendan?! Those are our options?

I refuse to accept it. I'll take Marco Silva.
  10. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

The latter seems to be an interesting option, but lately is linked quite often to Bayern. Heynckes is not going to stay on and it seems to be between Streich, Hasenhuttl, Kovac and Tuchel.

Tedesco seems like a promising coach and a good guy, but just as I wouldn't get near Nagelsmann or Arteta for manager, I'd not go for him either. Too inexperienced and not long enough in the pro game to see where his journey goes.
  11. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I'd take Dyche here. Impressed with what he's achieved with the paltry funds availabe to him at Burnley. Also always felt that Utd got favoured by the refs because of having a belligerent british manager at the refs. Someone who wouldn't struggle to make his opinions heard. So would love a british manager.
  12. field442

field442 Abandoned Arsenal for ice hockey

Thank **** Ian McGarry is a gobshite.
  13. DanDare

DanDare Not interesting enough for a custom title

Hang on. Why are people believing anything from Duncan Castles

He’s a laughing stock
  14. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Rogers is not a bad shout. He knows how to handle big players in working with Gerrard and Suarez. He also promotes and develops youth.

I'd think his experience as well as learning from past mistakes could work in our favor.

I don't want a manager that is controlled by his players like Wenger. I want the manager to have a more professional relationship where he has them playing for the badge, not himself.

The Club above all else. Players need to respect the badge and gives their all.
    bingobob likes this.
  15. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Massive SAFophile Trusted

Probably spent ages trying to shoehorn how great Mourinho is in that tweet before he posted it.
    Gooner Zig and DanDare like this.
  16. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

He is a good but not great manager. He's probably going to bring short term improvements but on the long term he'll need to be replaced by someone better, and somehow I have a strong feeling the board will drag on doing that.
  17. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yeah, he's not at the top of my list but if Allegri and managers of that ilk aren't attainable then Brendan could probably get this team back into the top 4 in the short term like you say. Maybe after that period the likes of Arteta, Henry or even Vieira might be more realistic possibilities.
  18. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

Quotes, provide them

Is it something about Saudis or Qatarians? because in that/those threads I am clearly talking about the ruling elite, I don't have anything against or discriminate against regular people who just happen to be muslims

And btw, stereotypes can be true, facts cannot be racist.

Is it racist to say that asians are short and nordics are tall? statistically asians are shorter than northern europeans, thats facts
  19. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Well-Known Member

Holy Smoke.....Bless your heart. :rolleyes:
  20. YeahBee

YeahBee Sign all the Swedes

are you 7 years old?