• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Only a few more months now.. Do wonder who the board are lining up as potential successors.

I'd like to see Favre or Allegri.
Board can go f**k themselves i don't think they even know who Favre is that what we dealing with we will be in trouble when wenger go because the board is so bad. we will be extremely lucky if we manage and appoint Allegri

Aevi

Hale End FC
Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in, Allegri in, Simeone in
But what managers would you like to see at the club?

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I feel that Benitez could be a pretty decent shout. He's done well at many different clubs. He's done well in tough circumstances at Chelsea and Newcastle. He's got pedigree and experience. Arsenal are likely several years and 2 or more managers away from a title challenge. They need to reinvest in young players with the funds from Alexis and hopefully Özil to rebuild. Benitez is a safe pair of hands to manage transfer funds in the meantime to steer Arsenal through the inevitable dip before a more top level manager can come in and push on.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I feel that Benitez could be a pretty decent shout. He's done well at many different clubs. He's done well in tough circumstances at Chelsea and Newcastle. He's got pedigree and experience. Arsenal are likely several years and 2 or more managers away from a title challenge. They need to reinvest in young players with the funds from Alexis and hopefully Özil to rebuild. Benitez is a safe pair of hands to manage transfer funds in the meantime to steer Arsenal through the inevitable dip before a more top level manager can come in and push on.

We already need steering through a dip. What more of a dip do you want..

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
We already need steering through a dip. What more of a dip do you want..

My suggestion was that I believe Benitez can steer Arsenal through the dip that will follow Wenger's exit. Having made top 4 since Wenger's arrival - it isn't realistic that a new manager will be able to maintain that consistency. Hence a gritty, experienced manager who has battle scars from other top jobs but has consistently won trophies and lifted clubs is what is desirable in the interim, rather than a Guardiola style manager who will want to build up the club in a new identity, which should be a task for the second or third manager post-Wenger. I don't really see much in Benitez's career to suggest that he isn't capable of doing a decent job under the pressure.

STYLEZ

Just hope the board have some commen sense with the appointment of the new manger.

Wenger is paid a huge amount and I hope they don't try and save on wages when he leaves because Wenger is paid much more then all these high profile managers mentioned.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
My suggestion was that I believe Benitez can steer Arsenal through the dip that will follow Wenger's exit. Having made top 4 since Wenger's arrival - it isn't realistic that a new manager will be able to maintain that consistency. Hence a gritty, experienced manager who has battle scars from other top jobs but has consistently won trophies and lifted clubs is what is desirable in the interim, rather than a Guardiola style manager who will want to build up the club in a new identity, which should be a task for the second or third manager post-Wenger. I don't really see much in Benitez's career to suggest that he isn't capable of doing a decent job under the pressure.

Nah, Eddie Howe is what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom