• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
In my eyes to play the way we do, 4231, high line, pushing full backs forward etc we need three goal scorers. Be that the striker, the wide players or the central attacker. You then need three players who can press from the front. Again take your pick from the forward 4. That means you can have a player who scores but doesn't press or vice versa bur you cant have one who doesn't do either.

You need a central midfielder to control possession and set the tempo and another who can sit back and defend space. Allowing the front four to get on with attacking and allow the other central player to push slightly further forward to recycle the attacking play.

You need two full backs who are whippets, providing width but enough recovery pace to get back. Two central defenders who can defend space and play football. Finally a keeper who can sweep everything up.

We lack the keeper, we lack a full back, we lack the holding midfielder and we lack the pressers and we lack the goal scorers.

Whoever takes us forward needs to identity if they wish to continue playing that way then a new keeper is needed. We need another player to mix pressing and goal scoring. Essentially another Alexis type player to play in the hole or one of the advanced attacking positions. And lastly a new full back. Its a big job. Might be easier to go for a new style with what we've got.

Would love to hear who you would bring in for this? Players & coach?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would love to hear who you would bring in for this? Players & coach?
Just gonna read like a wishlist now.

Klopp as manager

Butland

Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Tierney

Martinez Wilshere

Welbeck Ramsey Alexis

Benzema

Leaving Ospina, Chambers, Holding, Monreal, Xhaka, Elneny, Ox, Iwobi and Perez as the remaining senior players. The rest would move on.

The gamble would be on Ramsey replicating his high energy pressing game and finding his goal scoring touch. Welbeck as the non goal scoring presser, Benzema as the goal scorer non presser and Alexis doing both.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...lanning-extraordinary-crowd-10083283#ICID=nsm

Any truth to this?

Lovely concept. Not well thought through though. While I like the idea. WHo would manage everything at Board level? Every fan that pays?

Still, just love how this shows we are much bigger than Stan Kroenke and all it would take to topple this (and many other) regime(s) is a little togetherness.
Zero chance of this happening.

Don't see why not. Fans worldwide deposit a total of 1 Billion Sterling into reddit user lifeshard92's account. He ousts Kronke. What could possibly go wrong?

RoadrunnerReloaded

We were the 3rd most successful club in England when Wenger took over. We are still the 3rd most successful club in England historically. We were a big club then and we're a big club now with a better stadium. People act like we were f*cking Preston before Wenger instead of a club with a pretty damn good track record domestically who had won 2 titles in the 7 years prior to his arrival. I get that we played more stylish football and for a few years we had a bigger profile when we were actually winning things but you'd swear this guy had cured AIDS on his break from curing cancer instead of building a good squad, winning a couple of league titles and pathetically underachieving in Europe with the fantastic squad. Frankly it raises serious questions when anyone tries to suggest that a club with our track record pre Wenger was small. If you really want to give a single person credit for raising Arsenal's profile in European football then it should be David Dein because the first Domino was convincing Bergkamp to come.

Indeed some ignorant posts about Arsenal history in here. Forgetting we won the Cup Winners Cup under Graham back when that trophy was very highly regarded. And absolutely Dein was the catalyst in truly shaping us into a modern "superclub" whatever that term is supposed to mean.

Dein was the one who rid of Terry Neill when Neill had grown stagnant, gave Howe his chance and then moved him on when it didn't work, brought in Graham which won us a lot of trophies including more European success than Wenger, then when Graham lost the plot, Dein brought in Wenger (well after Rioch).

Pretty sure if we had Dein now, we would not be growing stagnant and stale under Wenger as Dein would have identified that Wenger's run has reached its end and its only getting worse from here on out.

I believe Dein would probably be bringing in Jardim who is really like the newer, improved version of Wenger.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Indeed some ignorant posts about Arsenal history in here. Forgetting we won the Cup Winners Cup under Graham back when that trophy was very highly regarded. And absolutely Dein was the catalyst in truly shaping us into a modern "superclub" whatever that term is supposed to mean.

Dein was the one who rid of Terry Neill when Neill had grown stagnant, gave Howe his chance and then moved him on when it didn't work, brought in Graham which won us a lot of trophies including more European success than Wenger, then when Graham lost the plot, Dein brought in Wenger (well after Rioch).

Pretty sure if we had Dein now, we would not be growing stagnant and stale under Wenger as Dein would have identified that Wenger's run has reached its end and its only getting worse from here on out.

I believe Dein would probably be bringing in Jardim who is really like the newer, improved version of Wenger.

"lost the plot" quite a novel way to describe "received £425,000 in a brown paper envelope" :lol:

CHOPS

At last!
Someone who can go beyond Wenger! There lays the answer David Dein the truth is he wanted to push on with Wenger but the Board s*** themselves over the power he had at the club he was destined to become Chairman but they were too scared and got him out.
They missed their chance the Russian -Uzbek Alisher Usmanov with his red and white holdings before Kroenke bought in,Dein is a good friend who sold his shares to him.
The gloom is yet to come though because Under Takeover Panel rules,Kroenke must make an offer for every available Share in the club.
The crazy thing is the two combined are worth double of that of Roman Abramovich 18 billion to be exact so why can't we pay our top players the going rate?

Preacher

Always Crying
The crazy thing is the two combined are worth double of that of Roman Abramovich 18 billion to be exact so why can't we pay our top players the going rate?
Yeah, Usmanov had a very good year.

Arsenal's minority shareholder Alisher Usmanov grew his net worth by nearly $3 billion over the past year to $15.2 billion, according to the latest figures from Forbes, with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke valued at $7.5 billion.

The figures show the combined net worth of Arsenal's two biggest shareholders is more than twice that of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, whose assets are valued at $9.1 billion in Forbes' 2017 list of the world's richest men.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

At last!
Someone who can go beyond Wenger! There lays the answer David Dein the truth is he wanted to push on with Wenger but the Board s*** themselves over the power he had at the club he was destined to become Chairman but they were too scared and got him out.
They missed their chance the Russian -Uzbek Alisher Usmanov with his red and white holdings before Kroenke bought in,Dein is a good friend who sold his shares to him.
The gloom is yet to come though because Under Takeover Panel rules,Kroenke must make an offer for every available Share in the club.

Didn't Dein also bring in Kronke before selling his shares to Usmanov? Thats one hell of a mess with two Billionaire egos at the club giving no ground. He is also to this day Wengers biggest fan.

Jm89

Didn't Dein also bring in Kronke before selling his shares to Usmanov? Thats one hell of a mess with two Billionaire egos at the club giving no ground. He is also to this day Wengers biggest fan.

He did but he realised his mistake as Stan was only after one thing that's when he brought usmanov!

Usmanov is the only person who can take this club forward this guy as the know how and also the big balls needed to make to right decisions for the club. And the fans!

CHOPS

Dein was the chief negotiator at Arsenal he was Vice Chairman and the guy was a marvel at what he did Wenger solely concentrated on the Football side,Dein got him the players he wanted they are lifelong friends I was surprised that when they got rid of Dein,Wenger stayed on.

Godwin1

Very well-known
He did but he realised his mistake as Stan was only after one thing that's when he brought usmanov!

Usmanov is the only person who can take this club forward this guy as the know how and also the big balls needed to make to right decisions for the club. And the fans!
How could he have not realised what Stan was about though? He does have a track record in America of doing the same as he's done here hasn't he?

FreakySami

It looks like a lot of change will happen in the summer and it might not be Wenger... Might be the board, the international chief scout and the CEO...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Don't see why not. Fans worldwide deposit a total of 1 Billion Sterling into reddit user lifeshard92's account. He ousts Kronke. What could possibly go wrong?
But think about if Arsenal fan tv did something like this... Through the right channels etc where there could be accountability for the money. We're not going to see the stadium emptying. This fan has at least put some thought into how we can save the club instead of protests which clearly fall on deaf ears.

I realise it is a pipe dream. Was just putting it out there as food for thought. I've gotten to the point where even as a foreign fan I feel robbed by this club. I feel for those of you who spend your hard earned cash on this every season with little to no reward. I was saving up in my rubbish little currency to come see the team live but I have since reconsidered and am quickly losing interest in the sport.

I see where @Rocky comes from now. Being a football fan but not being willing to invest any emotion into a single club anymore. Totally get it now, man.

Anyways, I hope the future sees some changes to reignite the football fire in my belly. Problem is that means expecting Wenger to change his ways, which he won't.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I see where @Rocky comes from now. Being a football fan but not being willing to invest any emotion into a single club anymore. Totally get it now, man.

It's up to the individual if they want to support a team. My main point is that just because someone does support a team. it does not validate their opinion. Just because someone predicts Sp**s to win the title doesn't make them a Sp**s fan or a troll. That type of argument is the most base level, biased, nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom