• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I wanted Arséne to stay till the WC next year and then sign a new manager, because around that time a lot of managers will be available in the market. Allegri, Tuchel, Simeone, Low, Sampaoli, Jardim, etc.

But now I think AW must leave at the end of this season. He has become that old man who doesn't want to realize that he's past it now. I'm afraid that he wants to win the CL or the domestic double or maybe even the Treble before he goes. In his head AW still thinks that he's got it. He's too arrogant to see the reality that the game has left him behind.

And with all of this Wenger Out stuff he has dug his heels in now. He thinks he'll prove everyone wrong but it's not happening!

I initially wanted us to give him a one year extension till the WC and then bring in Allegri to start with a clean slate. Give AW a farewell season with money to spend and give him a warm final send off next year, then bring in Allegri, get rid of guys like Theo and Coq and start afresh after the WC.

But I think AW is too stubborn to accept a one year extension, his ego won't allow him to embrace a dignified exit. I think that if we do give him a one year extension and he accepts then he'll act as a negative influence now and maybe even sabotage the club for failure because of his hurt pride and arrogance.

Ideally I would like AW to leave with a European trophy next year and a top three finish. So that the next manager has CL football and a stable squad. But that's all immaterial now. With Wenger it's either his way or the highway so he won't accept anything less than a two year deal.

It's time for the owners, board and fans to swallow the bitter pill and say Goodbye to Wenger for all his work. All good things have to come to an end and it is time to look forward now.

^ That is why we need Wenger to leave this summer.

Now who to take us forward? We should do anything and everything to get in Allegri. He's probably gonna lead Juventus to a treble, something that even Conte could not do. He must be our number one target. If not this up coming season, then the next season (2018) when his contract expires with Juve.

If we do have to wait another year before we can appoint Allegri then we will have to look for a caretaker manager for one season. Don't know who can do that job. Maybe Pellegrini or Frank Deboer?

Tuchel and Simeone are staying at Dortmund and Atletico respectively. Löw is with Germany till World Cup. Jardim(and Mpabbe too) is also likely to remain at Monaco. Sampaoli has a year on his contract with Sevilla, just like Allegri. Also there are rumors of him going to manage Argentina.

WILDCARD: Julian Nagelsmann. The Hoffenhiem coach has impressed many people in Germany and is even tipped to succeed Ancelotti at Bayern. He's a young coach who has done well with a team that were favorites for relegation to leading them to a top four finish. Should he be worth giving a try at a top club like Arsenal?

Enfield

Established Member
There was a dutch reporter, the chap who wrote Bergkamps autobiography, on Irish Radio the night before last talking about the Ajax manager.

He basically made him sound like another Pep or a young Wenger. I thought to myself that maybe this guy should be in the running to replace the big man.

He is in the papers this morning after losing a final to Mourinho complaining that United didn't play the game correctly and he didn't get to play the game he would have liked. Already sounds like an old WEnger and I've only be paying attention for 24 hours.

BobP

Memri Fan
There was a dutch reporter, the chap who wrote Bergkamps autobiography, on Irish Radio the night before last talking about the Ajax manager.

He basically made him sound like another Pep or a young Wenger. I thought to myself that maybe this guy should be in the running to replace the big man.

He is in the papers this morning after losing a final to Mourinho complaining that United didn't play the game correctly and he didn't get to play the game he would have liked. Already sounds like an old WEnger and I've only be paying attention for 24 hours.

If Dennis didn't have issues with flying, he'd have made an excellent manager.

As it stands, I think he'd be a good addition to any footballing department.

I think it's his demeanor, very much a perfectionist.

He also thinks very deeply about the game, very deeply.

For example, I remember him speaking about how people thought he was taking the piss whenever he chipped goalkeepers but he stated that

For example, in response to people who thought he was taking the piss whenever he chipped the goalkeeper, he stated that in most instances, it was the correct option to take.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

Don't know about him but PSV's Cocu and Van Bronckhorst are good candidates.

However, it would be foolish to go for any of them in the current state of the club and state of the PL. Not a time to experiment.

Enfield

Established Member
If Dennis didn't have issues with flying, he'd have made an excellent manager.

As it stands, I think he'd be a good addition to any footballing department.

I think it's his demeanor, very much a perfectionist.

He also thinks very deeply about the game, very deeply.

For example, I remember him speaking about how people thought he was taking the piss whenever he chipped goalkeepers but he stated that

For example, in response to people who thought he was taking the piss whenever he chipped the goalkeeper, he stated that in most instances, it was the correct option to take.

Sorry, i wasn't discussing Bergkamp being a manager. I was discussing the current Ajax manager Bosz

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist

Wouldn't want Dennis.

Came up through Ajax, too focused on youth. That **** doesn't work anymore. He'd probably have Wenger on speed-dial too.

We need someone who doesn't have a heart attack everytime they spend a quid.

I'd take him as an attacking coach/assistant manager though.

Brown Gooner

Wouldn't want Dennis.

Came up through Ajax, too focused on youth. That **** doesn't work anymore. He'd probably have Wenger on speed-dial too.

We need someone who doesn't have a heart attack everytime they spend a quid.

I'd take him as an attacking coach/assistant manager though.
Wrong that **** works and always will, provided that you can keep hold of the youth that you've developed during their prime years. That's something Ajax can't do but Arsenal can, now that we are not building the Emirates anymore. Zidane has played youg guys like Carvajal, Nacho, Varane, Casemiro, Asensio and Vasquez in the first team and they have done a decent job.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
Wrong that **** works and always will, provided that you can keep hold of the youth that you've developed during their prime years. That's something Ajax can't do but Arsenal can, now that we are not building the Emirates anymore. Zidane has played youg guys like Carvajal, Nacho, Varane, Casemiro, Asensio and Vasquez in the first team and they have done a decent job.

Did you honestly just say that building your team around youth works, and then used Real Madrid as your example??

To win you need to spend, simple as that. People point to Sp**s but they didn't win ****. Ajax didn't win **** either.

You can't win anything with kids.

Brown Gooner

^ Real are giving youngsters a chance more often and that's something you don't see Madrid do very often. Youth players are vital but keeping hold of them even more necessary. We can keep our youth players during their late twenties now that we are not building a stadium anymore and don't have to sell. Ajax and maybe even Spuds can't afford that luxury.

Madrid and Arsenal can keep their young players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't take you seriously if you're advocating a manager from the Dutch Pub League.

We had this with Frank De Boer.

Brown Gooner

^ You talking to me Mr. Arrogance?

Read my post again and again till you understand it and stop cherry picking from it. If you still are unable to comprehend it then I'll be more than willing to explain it to you.

Brown Gooner

Shots fired :lol::lol:

Sorry but Internet Knowitall's like her and Keyboard smart asses really need to work a lot on their reading comprehension and general knowledge of football before they can call others out online. Otherwise it just makes you look like a desperate troll.

Oh maybe she is one :rolleyes:

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

In fairness, Varane is 24. Carvajal is 25. Casemiro is 25. Nacho is 27. Casemiro and Carvajal were purchased in their 20s. Your post noticeably omits the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Modric etc. Yes, these players you mentioned are doing a great supplementary job. But they wouldn't win a thing without the 5 I just listed.

I do agree that you need a good balance between age and experience, though. But we aren't in a position that we can buy youth now and wait for them to blossom. In my opinion, we're in an absolutely vital moment of this club's history and I don't think other people see it the same way. Every team around us has shown ambition to improve - from Sp**s, City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and even Everton. Of the top 6, we seem the most likely to 'stand still'. We are falling behind and can't allow ourselves to fall any further and therefore top quality is what is required now, not only in terms of players.. but also a top quality manager. This club needs to be steered back on course, because we've been too happy to coast as other rivals show ambition. And sure, they've got it wrong a few times.. but at least they're all trying. We bought Alexis and Özil.. basically were the best or second best team in the league for the past two years and instead of taking the added step to improve and win the league, we were happy with what we had and coasted to 2nd. During that time, our rivals were improving and now they've overtaken us.

We need to take drastic measures to compete in this league.. because it is a six horse race now. That's the reality. And I don't think we will.. and if we don't, we should get used to being 4th-6th.

Brown Gooner

In fairness, Varane is 24. Carvajal is 25. Casemiro is 25. Nacho is 27. Casemiro and Carvajal were purchased in their 20s.

I do agree that you need a good balance between age and experience, though. But we aren't in a position that we can buy youth now and wait for them to blossom. In my opinion, we're in an absolutely vital moment of this club's history and I don't think other people see it the same way. Every team around us has shown ambition to improve - from Sp**s, City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and even Everton. Of the top 6, we seem the most likely to 'stand still'. We are falling behind and can't allow ourselves to fall any further and therefore top quality is what is required now, not only in terms of players.. but also a top quality manager. This club needs to be steered back on course, because we've been too happy to coast as other rivals show ambition. And sure, they've got it wrong a few times.. but at least they're all trying. We bought Alexis and Özil.. basically were the best or second best team in the league for the past two years and instead of taking the added step to improve and win the league, we were happy with what we had and coasted to 2nd. During that time, our rivals were improving and now they've overtaken us.

We need to take drastic measures to compete in this league.. because it is a six horse race now. That's the reality. And I don't think we will.. and if we don't, we should get used to being 4th-6th.

Yeah you're right. I posted the team I'd like for next season on the Wish list thread. Also I've commented on Wenger's future in his thread and on our potential new manager in my previous post itt.

Unless, Kroenke leaves we are not going to splash the cash in the transfer market and won't be offering high wages and unless Arsène goes we'll keep bottling the Premier League and keep persisting with mediocre players like Theo, Coq and Gibbs.

Toast

Established Member
Ornstein expects Wenger to stay. Says we haven't made contact with any potential successors yet, but that there's a list. Top of the list is Leonardo Jardim. More here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom