• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Other than the hype around Vieira as a coach from City quarters and him being mentioned for a position or two in the past.

Where else has Vieira shown he is a good manager? What actual track record does he have.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank has more of a chance than Paddy has, for the Arsenal job.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pep's quite the spender isn't he? And has had a few flops. Ancelotti and Henry/Bergkamp/Jonker? For a few years wouldn't be to bad.

Have a feeling we'll go for a lesser known manager and fail to attract top players.

Hasn't Klopp only signed a three year deal at Liverpool? Could happen.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We do manage to get players like Bellerin, Jeff, Bielik, so we must be doing something right. Teams like Utd have to go for big name youngsters and therefore pay a fortune. I'm not saying they are wrong, Marshall may help them win the PL in a year or 3, but we cant compete with that money and its good that we look at other options to get an advantage.

Behave.

Jeff and Bielik shouldn't be even mentioned in the same breath as Hector - one is lighting up the PL, the other two haven't even played a game. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So who would be realistic targets post Wenger.

Lets take off our Arsenal hats for a second and look objectively at the club and its standing in world football.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Depends on Wengers input I think, left to their own devices the board would probably go for a well known manager though, can't see them taking a risk on a more unknown quantity.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lets take off our Arsenal hats for a second and look objectively at the club and its standing in world football.

I think the job would be a very very attractive one. If we discount the brief reign of Bruce Rioch, the club has a solid track record of letting managers build teams here. We are as far away from the hire-and-sack race as it comes. London is an attractive city to live in. The club is financially on a solid footing, even if we are not the richest club in the land.

Hell, I might even consider it myself.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It's too soon to say. We're on our way up, Wenger might want to continue a few years after his contract ends in 2017. Even if he doesn't, there are bound to be hundreds of managerial changes between now and then. Guardiola sounds great, but if he's coaching any of the Manchester clubs before Wenger leaves, he's out of the picture just like Klopp.

Someone like Simeone, I wouldn't want him at our club. It would be like having our own Mourinho. Selling Arda Turan because of his work-rate (allegedly) is something I wouldn't want here.

Good thing of this all is that we can judge all potential candidates over a few more years. Someone like De Boer, who's been heavily criticized over their terrible play with Ajax, could improve a lot. Dragan Stojkovic is someone Wenger has recommended himself. There's just no telling.

I for one hope that Wenger stays for a long time. I'm not afraid of change, but I seriously doubt that we'd be better of without him. Look at Van Gaal at United, they all thought United would be a proper force in a couple of months because he was such a great manager. More than a year later and over 15 players bought they still play like a Sunday pub team at times.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Behave.

Jeff and Bielik shouldn't be even mentioned in the same breath as Hector - one is lighting up the PL, the other two haven't even played a game. :lol:

I meant they were scouted in the same way :) I've only seen Jeff in the Emirates cup but cant wait to see him again. Bielik, he may or may not make it but as I said, he too was scouted via our software analysis system.

Gervais

Established Member
Worrying lack of Tony Adams mentions in this this thread - did a world class job in Azerbaijan.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's too soon to say. We're on our way up, Wenger might want to continue a few years after his contract ends in 2017. Even if he doesn't, there are bound to be hundreds of managerial changes between now and then. Guardiola sounds great, but if he's coaching any of the Manchester clubs before Wenger leaves, he's out of the picture just like Klopp.

Someone like Simeone, I wouldn't want him at our club. It would be like having our own Mourinho. Selling Arda Turan because of his work-rate (allegedly) is something I wouldn't want here.

Good thing of this all is that we can judge all potential candidates over a few more years. Someone like De Boer, who's been heavily criticized over their terrible play with Ajax, could improve a lot. Dragan Stojkovic is someone Wenger has recommended himself. There's just no telling.

I for one hope that Wenger stays for a long time. I'm not afraid of change, but I seriously doubt that we'd be better of without him. Look at Van Gaal at United, they all thought United would be a proper force in a couple of months because he was such a great manager. More than a year later and over 15 players bought they still play like a Sunday pub team at times.

The attitude of him and his players at times is worrying, they behave like a bunch of brats a lot of the time. I remember watching a match they lost to Barca last season in the Copa Del Rey and I think they had two men sent off and were lucky not to have more, gave up playing football once they went 3-2 down.

Don't forget the nonsense Varane incident in CL final. I can imagine Simeone taking a look at some of our players and ignoring their technical qualities in the favour of hard-working decent-to-good players.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
The attitude of him and his players at times is worrying, they behave like a bunch of brats a lot of the time. I remember watching a match they lost to Barca last season in the Copa Del Rey and I think they had two men sent off and were lucky not to have more, gave up playing football once they went 3-2 down.

Don't forget the nonsense Varane incident in CL final. I can imagine Simeone taking a look at some of our players and ignoring their technical qualities in the favour of hard-working decent-to-good players.

Exactly. They have something that we miss at times, especially in their defensive discipline as a team. But there should be a compromise between Simeone and Wenger somewhere.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Exactly. They have something that we miss at times, especially in their defensive discipline as a team. But there should be a compromise between Simeone and Wenger somewhere.
I'd say Pep would be the answer probably - hard to see him here though pipedream

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Seems Pep's off to join his Barca breddrin at City. I'm hoping the BoD use the same foresight when they appoint the next manager as they did in appointing Wenger.

Wenger ain't leaving before his contract is up-so that's one more year after this. Plenty of time to scout around. They must have a few names on their shortlist already. I'm sure Wenger has put one or two forward also.

They have a footballing philosophy to adhere to now-so the next manager will have to be someone whose philosophy matches the club's imo.

And it won't be Simeone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom