Life after Wenger: That Time Has Come

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by SA Gunner, Oct 12, 2015.

?

If you could choose one of the rumoured candidates, who would it be?

1. Leonardo Jardim

26.4%
  2. Joachim Löw

7.5%
  3. Mikel Arteta

6.4%
  4. Thierry Henry/Patrick Vieira

4.2%
  5. Brendan Rodgers

4.2%
  6. Carlo Ancelotti

7.9%
  7. Massimiliano Allegri

35.8%
  8. Julian Nagelsmann

1.9%
  9. Lucien Favre

3.0%
  10. Luis Enrique

2.6%
  1. kraphtous

kraphtous Well-Known Member

He only said he won't manage another Italian team after he is done with Juventus not that he will leave this summer.

This is what he said yesterday:

"I have a contract until 2020 and I am happy here. I am in harmony with the club," Allegri told Mediaset Premium.

I mean we can talk about unrealistic options but I don't see the point, he's not leaving until Juve don't want him anymore.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  2. TriniGunner

TriniGunner Well-Known Member

He'd leave if we offer him Wenger's salary.

3. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

I'm also pretty sure he will stay at Juve. He will want to make that last push and finally win the CL for them, I believe. He's been too close to winning it with that side just to give up.
    Would be the first CL for an Italian side since 2010, first for Juve since 1996. That's some achievement and his main goal, I think. He'll certainly not give up on that chance with two years on his contract, another league title just won, to join Arsenal or Chelsea.

Luis Enrique will 100% be Chelsea's next coach.

4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Wow, we're left with nothing if Wenger goes this summer and even more nothing if it is next summer. . .

All the top managers available seem to be linked and we'll be stuk with Piet Pompies.

5. El Duderino

El Duderino AM Photoshop Expert

You misspelled Rafa Benitez.

asukru, Mark Tobias and Toby Andrl like this.
  6. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

I prefer my way.

7. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

Tbh, there's not too many top managers available whom I seriously rate or attest a bright future.

Who's free is Enrique and Tuchel. Don't rate the former, the latter is a no go 'cause of Mislintat.

As things stand, Allegri, Jardim, Simeone, Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri, Valverde, Zidane will all stay put. Favre apparently wants to leave Nice.

Conte will be available, but it's more or less a sure thing he will return to his homecountry, with probably Italy and both Milan clubs considering him. Then there's Ancelotti, who I think a) would be an Arsenal misfit and b) surely will be a candidate for Italian teams, just like Conte.

In Germany, Bayern are taking a well judged punt on Kovac. The younger guys like Nagelsmann and Tedesco will stay put. Hasenhuettl might be available come July.

Looking at it honestly, it's Enrique, Tuchel, Favre who are truly available. Maybe Jardim could be lured away, maybe Hasenhuettl will become free. There's always much more speculation than actual manager changes happen. Last summer, Allegri, Jardim, Simeone all were on the move according to media and rumours - they all ended up staying.

I think next summer might be more movement on the manager market. And it's another season to look at how young, promising guys like Nagelsmann, Tedesco, Marcelino, Machín, Howe will perform.

Edit: To conclude things...I'd love for Arsenal to hire Favre this summer. But apart from him, there's not too much movement going on concerning managers to say we'd be missing out on plenty top options.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    BBF, BobP, asukru and 2 others like this.
  8. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

Reported that Sanllehi favors Enrique or Arteta, Mislintat favors Nagelsmann or Tedesco, and Gazidis favors Arteta, Jardim, or Rodgers.

Rimaal, Vinci and American_Gooner like this.
  9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Does Mislintat watch any football outside Germany?

10. tap-in

tap-in :|

I dont understand the love for Arteta, the last thing we need is a virgin manager!

Thoros_of_ Myr and Gooner Zig like this.
  11. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory 1996-2018: Good Times Moderator

Is this the first time a major outlet has claimed Wenger is likely out?

12. APierre

APierre New Member

Not many good candidates, tbh. Would take Jardim or Nagelsmann.

Thoros_of_ Myr likes this.
  13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION

cmularrr was the first one

14. Furious

Furious Mr. Believer; still mad

Get Raul out of the club immediately

15. Furious

Furious Mr. Believer; still mad

Ffs Gazidis the bald **** wants Rodgers. We're run by absolute clowns.

Wenger immortality needed.

16. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Don't think Enrique would do too well. Things sort of came together for him at Barcelona.

Although Nagelsmann and Tedesco have done some impressive work, I still think they're a tad fresh. For example, Nagelsmann had some issues with his playing group earlier in the season, no doubt a sign of frustration, having lost some key talents over the summer and in January. Hoffenheim are now 5th though, so he has managed to reverse the slide down the table. I also like Tedesco's approach, I'm sure you remember that interview I posted a while ago.

Arteta has no experience. I do think he has the makings of a top level manager, a view based on nothing more than his general demeanor, the sort of player he was on the field, and his extensive playing experience.

Jardim looks best placed I think.

Rodgers is a big no.

tap-in, Thoros_of_ Myr and Vinci like this.
  17. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

Arteta and Rodgers in a short list to replace Wenger. Inmates have taken over the asylum ffs

Thoros_of_ Myr and Camron like this.
  18. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory 1996-2018: Good Times Moderator

I have a bit of a hard time believing Matt Law actually knows the specific preferences of each of the three amigos there. But this is quite notable with how clearly it is stating that Wenger is expected to leave.

19. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Wouldn't mind Arteta personally. He's the only name I get excited about out of all of those mentioned.

20. BBF

BBF Real name: Ragip Xh...

Capello was statistically one of the best England managers ever.